Thread: The First Writers' Study Occasional Competition Submission Thread - Write an Advert!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default The First Writers' Study Occasional Competition Submission Thread - Write an Advert!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

The Writers' Study Occasional Competition

This is the submission thread for the First Writers' Study Occasional Competition!

Our first Occasional Competition is:

For this competition, you need to write an advertisement for something you're proud of that you've posted on TWC. That could be an AAR, creative writing, a guide or tutorial, or even a modification where you're a team member.

If you'd like to participate but don't want to blow your own trumpet you could instead write an advert for one of these:

Rules - PLEASE READ
    • No more than one entry per person.
    • Entries can include a maximum of one image (but don't have to include an image at all).
    • Entries must take up no more than four lines of your post (plus any image) and must be no more than 100 words long. (Writers' Study staff may request a screenshot of your entry to check this, as different displays show different numbers of words per line.)
    • Entries must include a link to the item you are advertising. Entries may include other links, but there must be no more than three links in total within your advertisement.
    • The submission period will last at least one month. If we have six entries after one month, voting will begin. The submission period may be extended at the discretion of the competition organiser(s).
    • Advertising the competition is allowed. Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
    • This thread is for submissions only. If you want to suggest an idea for a future WS Occasional Competition, we'd love to hear it - but please post it in the Writers' Study Chat Thread!
    • Writers' Study Staff have discretion to disqualify submissions where it would be unfair or inappropriate to allow them to enter. If you have a question or want to check whether an entry is eligible, please send a private message to a member of the Writers' Study Staff.
    • Please note that all rules including word count will be strictly enforced. Rule breakers will be disqualified from the vote.

Awards
    Each winning entry will receive 1 Writers' Study Competition point. This point will be added to the total number of points you have won from TotW and other Writers' Study competitions, and recorded in the Writers' Study Hall of Fame. When you have accumulated enough points, you will be awarded the appropriate Writers' Study Competition Medal.

• 6 points - bronze medal
    • 12 points - silver medal
    • 24 points - gold medal

Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; September 29, 2018 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Extended submission period.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The First Writers' Study Occasional Competition Submission Thread - Write an Advert!

Submission

Greetings TWC’ers!

The Post of the Fortnight committee need your help, and are hosting a competition in The Graphics Worshop for the best Bronze, Silver and Gold medals for a member who wins best post multiple times.

All are welcome to post their entries, and there will be a reward of 15 rep to the winner whose entries shall be permanently made into an official TWC award!

If you are not aware yet of what the POTF competition is, see here for our proposal. Feel free to ask us any questions you have in the thread or in PM.
    Last edited by Aexodus; September 29, 2018 at 08:36 AM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The First Writers' Study Occasional Competition Submission Thread - Write an Advert!

Advert Submission
    Find the creative energies of your fellow members in The Writers' Study

Start your own blog for others to learn what you are thinking

Give TWC Member Blogs a try today! By the way, I blog on occasion

Look me up on Blogging the After Action Reports, I am NorseThing

Submission

Have you ever wondered what it was like to walk the blood-soaked fields where Antiochus and Ptolemaios Philadelphos met? Have you ever wondered why fair Rome and white-walled Carthage, so long friends, became mortal enemies? And I ask you, traveler, have you ever wondered what gods a Suebi of old might worship, whether he would call an Arevaci ‘friend’, whether he would understand the greed of southern hearts?

If at any point you replied “yes”, then turn your eyes to Europa Barbarorum II, and there you will find answers. There you will find knowledge, and gods willing, wisdom as well.

| Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Advert

You say you're a Medieval 2 pro, besting the all the campaigns on all the mods on all the difficulties. But have you tried out the ultimate difficulty? A campaign where you're not facing the AI, but other players? In the TWC Hotseat Campaigns, you'll find all sorts of campaigns across a multitude of mods with a large playerbase of all skill levels. So why not try it out? Click here to be taken to the main forum and face the ultimate challenge! Post in the taverns if you have any questions, and good luck!
    Last edited by King Athelstan; October 01, 2018 at 08:32 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Advert Submission

Can't you get enough of Lord of the Rings content? Are you enamoured with a story-driven AAR set in Tolkien's universe? Are epic battles and intriguing characters something that interest you?
    Then search no more for this is the tale for you! Help our King and Saviour Aragorn bring salvation to Middle-Earth!
    Join the Middle-Earth Liberation Force today at joinMELF.com
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; October 02, 2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Inserted picture of better quality