Thread: 4K Display Issue With Small Mouse Cursor

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default 4K Display Issue With Small Mouse Cursor

So I'm trying to play Medieval II only my new 4k laptop and my mouse cursor is incredibly small. My guess what that it had something to do with the game not understanding high resolution. So I adjusted the in game resolution to custom settings with 1920x1080 for both battle and campaign map. That worked for last night and I played without issue. When I fire up the game today, it's suddenly the same problem and no amount of tinkering with in-game settings would fix it. I also tried setting my display settings within windows to 1920x1080 with no better results. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It's not game breaking by any stretch but it's irritating and seems like it should be a simple fix (especially since it worked last night). Thanks!
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: 4K Display Issue With Small Mouse Cursor

It's a game related issue I would think. You can observe a similar thing happening to the sandwatch - it does not change size proportionally to the resolution.

If you have changed the game resolution using the in game drop down list then it should have saved to the CFG file. If you have done it manually then it will get removed\reset at the next game start, in this case you need to make the file read-only.

An alternative would be to install my basic modding set up and then experiment with different resolution settings in the CFG file of this mod. No need to make this one read-only. Do remove the hash sign in front of the two resolution lines, else the entry will be ignored. The existing entry is for 1920*1080 resolution.
    Code:
    [video]
    movies = 1                            # set to zero to stop intro movies
    #windowed = 1                        # allows for easy Alt+Tab, requires game video resolution the size of desktop or larger
    #borderless_window = 1                # removes border from windowed mode
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080        # enter your desktop resolution
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080    # enter your desktop resolution
    #tga_width = 1920                    # enter width of your desktop resolution
    #tga_aspect = 1.9                    # enter value of width\height of your desktop resolution
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM.