Thread: Tarentum Only Roman Shipyard?

Icon5 Tarentum Only Roman Shipyard?

I'm playing as Rome on the Platinum Edition (1.91 according to the menu), launched through Alexander.

I control Italy from Roma to Regium. I can not recruit ships in any settlement except for Tarentum, even though I have lvl 2 and 3 shipyards in my core provinces. Any particular reason I can only recruit ships from a colony state and not my homeland, or am I experiencing a bug?

Finally, if this version is outdated please someone tell me what to download instead, the myriad versions and downloads on this forum are very confusing.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Tarentum Only Roman Shipyard?

Quote Originally Posted by RalphRoberts View Post
    I can not recruit ships in any settlement except for Tarentum, even though I have lvl 2 and 3 shipyards in my core provinces
    You can only build ships in ports where there are timber resources.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphRoberts View Post
    Finally, if this version is outdated please someone tell me what to download instead, the myriad versions and downloads on this forum are very confusing.
    You could try our latest release Rome Total Realism 8 v4.0.2 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2-FULL-VERSION
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 19, 2018 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I'll grab the new version and re-install as soon as I finish up this campaign. Thanks for your help.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Yes, ships can be built only in provinces with timber, like in RTRPE.
    As it may look odd sometimes, because why not importing timber from aboard, unfortunately there is no way to simulate ship wood trading in the game. At least this limitation makes strategy planning more important and interesting than allowing everything be available everywhere.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music