Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Indication For Future Content?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Indication For Future Content?

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Sounds like mod manager due to ♔Greek Strategos♔ foreshadowing. If they do the map editor for one TW, people will expect it/demand it for others as well...
    Doesn't the launcher already feature a mod manager?

If Ted (and maybe Terry) are coming for Rome II, then I think the only games that don't have them would be pre-Shogun II (e.g. Empire).
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Aaah, I had in head campaign map editor not battlemap editor, I stated it badly Ted and Terry make sense of course!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I can't say much indeed guys. You'll see an improvement with the current tools though (big improvement). Sadly, I don't have a clue about Ted and Terry.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

To the Gods!!!!

Bring TED and Terry!!!!

I implore you!!

How does one impress the Greek or Roman Gods in today's times to ask for this?

Mod manager would be nice though, there isn't a need to rename files if you can just select a certain load order (and possibly even sub-files to be loaded from each pack). Also mod cap removal would be very good indeed.

So we got new blogpost with a nice Interview with DeI team.
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/an-int...et-impera-team

And because ♔Greek Strategos♔ is promoting DeI even when asleep, it is all nicely fitting together like puzzle. The very last paragraph is not part of Interview but closing word from CA right? Do i get cookies? I was right!

You can find Divide et Impera on the Steam Workshop here and stay tuned for our upcoming announcement regarding the new launcher beta that brings with it a number of new features for mod management.
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 23, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Oh snap. Mystery solved!

Blogpost about new launcher and beta is already up..not only for R2 but even for other TWs :-)

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/our-to...-a-beta-update

Hmmm...not much for RII.

I see this on the workshop what is gribble and tribble?

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Hmmm...not much for RII.

I see this on the workshop what is gribble and tribble?
    What do you mean? In steam workshop as mod? Or in the new beta launcher? Cannot find anything "gribble and tribble" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    What do you mean? In steam workshop as mod? Or in the new beta launcher? Cannot find anything "gribble and tribble" :-)

Under maps it has Verison 2, English, gribble and tribble.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; December 01, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

That sounds mostly like steam mistake? Probably TW devs or steam guys made public some unused tag group..

New blogpost about what teams are working on:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...-november-2018

Patch incoming! Even if only for AK due to that note about modders?

Historical New Content Team – ROME II

The guys have been gathering player feedback following the launch of Total War: ROME II – Rise of the Republic, and are looking at releasing a patch in the coming weeks to address a few issues that the mod community have been experiencing. They wish everyone playing ROME II over the holidays a wonderful Saturnalia!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 11, 2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Unexpected good news.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

patches are bad for the TW community as it breaks mods. scary stuff.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    patches are bad for the TW community as it breaks mods. scary stuff.
    I disagree. Patches generally mean a better game for everyone. And while it may cause issues with mods, Modders and mod users know it's a possibility going in and accept the risk. It's arguably part of the price they pay for tweaking a game to their specific needs, as opposed to using an "off the shelf" model.

Personally I hope this new patch isn't just for modders, but also includes some bug fixes for everyone (like maybe fixing the small number of household ancillaries that don't work properly.) But we shall see.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Dude people here only play Total War because of mods. If patches break mods then that is bad. Rome 2 is still a buggy mess -why would a game company release a game that was not thought out, not historically correct, has terrible Ai, a combat system that does not work has no collision rules, no real working diplomacy, no command and supply system, no fortifications, no resources system or real economics, campaign map that is a giant cartoon-has nothing to do with the ancient world- A company that charges for features that should be normally be part of the game-a game that still needs fixes and patches 5 years after it is released-And it takes modders to fix and make the game even playable. How about making and releasing a game that is complete and not continuing to insult the intelligence of the people who try to fix the giant disaster called Rome 2.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; December 09, 2018 at 05:59 AM.

Dude people here only play Total War because of mods. If patches break mods then that is bad. Rome 2 is still a buggy mess -why would a game company release a game that was not thought out, not historically correct, has terrible Ai, a combat system that does not work has no collision rules, no real working diplomacy, no command and supply system, no fortifications, no resources system or real economics, campaign map that is a giant cartoon-has nothing to do with the ancient world- A company that charges for features that should be normally be part of the game-a game that still needs fixes and patches 5 years after it is released-And it takes modders to fix and make the game even playable. How about making and releasing a game that is complete and not continuing to insult the intelligence of the people who try to fix the giant disaster called Rome 2.
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mod-in...esert-kingdoms
    One problem we’ve been wrestling with at CA for a while now is the interaction of mods with our games when an update lands. As nearly a third of users use mods for ROME II, there’s quite a high chance of an out-of-date mod causing issues within the newly updated game.
    So we are speaking about 30% users using mods and not even everyone is using big overhaul mods. CA is primary caretaking to those wihtout mods. Your assessment of R2 state is your own but objectively, game is better now than it was two years ago. Do you not agree with that statement? About outdated mods, I haven´t noticed such problems for DeI and other active mods. Much bigger problem was around patch 16...plus you have now option to stay at particular patch and use old mods so where exactly is problem with that?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

It's true that lots of people here use mods for Total War games. The skill, creativity and commitment of modders here is amazing. If any Empire Total War players haven't tried Bran Mac Born's AI mods for Empire, I highly recommend them - they completely transform battles. Of course, people are unhappy when they particularly enjoy using a specific mod and when they can't use it anymore after a patch.

Having said that: I'm here, I play unmodified Rome II and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. As I see it, TWC is just as much a place for people who want to discuss strategies and game mechanics (and perhaps take part in a hotseat game, roleplay, participate in a picture competition or write an AAR) as it is for people who want to discuss and share the fantastic mods which are here.

Your description may be accurate about Rome II at launch - I didn't play the game until many patches later - but I don't recognise it as a description of the game today. Yes, the game has shortcomings, but in my experience it has a lot to offer. I remember, (as no doubt you do) the unmodified AI of Empire Total War, with its reluctance to engage in naval invasions, its tendency to move units back and forth along its line and to send cavalry in frontal charges against infantry. With the Ancestral patch in Rome II, I'm seeing aggressive AI behaviour on the campaign map and battle field (including naval invasions), better flanking and more effective use of cavalry against my skirmishers and general. If you'd like to discuss historical representation, AI, combat and so on in detail, I suggest that we'd need to do that on another thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new patch will do. I wonder what the "issues which the mod community have been experiencing" are. Does anyone have any theories?

Like Welsh Dragon, I hope that there will be some bug fixes as well as improvements which would benefit the mod community.
    Last edited by Alwyn; December 09, 2018 at 09:25 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Its not a broken mess, its much, much better than it was on release.

I like new patches and have no problem with updating my mods to them, if its necessary.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Daruwind, Alwyn and Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio have between them covered much of what I was going to say, so I may actually be able to keep this brief for once.

Bran Mac Born, I'm sorry but your description of Rome 2 really doesn't match my own experience of the game in recent years. And while I recognise that mods are important for some players, they really aren't for others.

While it seems todays patch has only brought fixes for some modding issues, I hope CA continues to return to Rome 2 in future as I feel the game is going from strength to strength. But even if they don't, it is to me a great game and one I expect to play for years to come, not because of the work of modders (though I do respect their work and enthusiasm,) but because of the work of the developers who made and updated a vanilla game I love to play.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast