Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Indication For Future Content?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Indication For Future Content?

Yay!!!!

Please be TED please be TED

HIVE!!!!! Also add it!!!!!!!!!’

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Be patient my young padawans

Hello)
    I do not know what CA will do there in the next DLC. But in the free update it would be great if CA would add pirates and slave uprisings to the game like in this mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1545810082
    And it would be good if CA added normal forts with walls, towers and gates.
    And it is desirable that they remain on the map, and not as it is now in the form of switching camps for the army. But if the CA will change only the map of the battlefield, and thanks for that will be.
    PS: Sorry, google translation.

Ι really doubt we'll have any further content addition other than micro fixes-patches and tools (wishful thinking).

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Only plausible option that can be done with Rome 2 engine (Although I much more prefer Attila over original rome2) is something around 7-5 century mesopoteimia

What about the nomad migration mechanic from attila? Though I don't know what DLC they would tie it with.

A posh raider fellow wuz 'ere~

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoshBarbarian View Post
    What about the nomad migration mechanic from attila? Though I don't know what DLC they would tie it with.

A posh raider fellow wuz 'ere~
    Easy answer. With none

If they added future content I'd love to see the nuraghi towers when you fight in a nuragic settlement.

Absolutely zero reference to a Rome II team (or any other historical content outside China) in today's blog news, so I believe that we can put any wishful thinking to rest. Empire Divided and the Rise of the Republic were minor and rather over-priced DLC projects, created by a low-paid team in Bulgaria and mainly destined to fill the gap between the Warhammer II announcement outrage and the release of Three Kingdoms. Alexander was always too demanding to be considered a viable option and, almost four months before the spring hype, there was little reason to add yet another DLC. Hoping is not necessarily bad, but let's not forget the massive disappointment occurred, when the magnificent pyramids inside huge jungles turned out to be serpentine, instead of Aztec. We often need to be quite skeptical and sober towards any future potential, or otherwise not only does cynicism succeed our excitement, but even Creative Assembly's public image suffers considerably.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Absolutely zero reference to a Rome II team (or any other historical content outside China) in today's blog news, so I believe that we can put any wishful thinking to rest. Empire Divided and the Rise of the Republic were minor and rather over-priced DLC projects, created by a low-paid team in Bulgaria and mainly destined to fill the gap between the Warhammer II announcement outrage and the release of Three Kingdoms. Alexander was always too demanding to be considered a viable option and, almost four months before the spring hype, there was little reason to add yet another DLC. Hoping is not necessarily bad, but let's not forget the massive disappointment occurred, when the magnificent pyramids inside huge jungles turned out to be serpentine, instead of Aztec. We often need to be quite skeptical and sober towards any future potential, or otherwise not only does cynicism succeed our excitement, but even Creative Assembly's public image suffers considerably.
    While I agree that with the latest What The Teams Are Working On not mentioning the Historical New Content Team it seems this little journey may be at an end, for now at least, I fundamentally disagree that Empire Divided and Rise of the Republic are "minor and rather over-priced DLC projects." I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Empire Divided is one of my all time favourite campaigns in any Total War game, and while I'm still getting to grips with Rise of the Republic (between my health and my computer failing haven't played as much recently as I'd like,) I'm having a lot of fun very happy with what I got for my money.

Alexander has always struck me as more of a Saga project than a DLC, and we may well see it as such in the future. CA clearly isn't done with Thrones of Britannia judging by the latest WTTAWO which mentions they're still working on it, so I think reports of Saga's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

As for the "massive disappointment," unless I'm missing something seems to me that was largely caused by the players. I mean the video even says "Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer" and has the Games Workshop logo at the start.

All that said, I agree that we only hurt ourselves if we get overhyped, form expectations that couldn't possibly be filled, and read far more into things than was ever intended. A certain level of scepticism is a useful survival skill to have. But being too sceptical and cynical ends up hurting you and others. Always looking for the worst gets you nowhere, believe me. (I've had serious health problems for much of my life, and wasted far too much time focusing on the bad. When I stopped focusing on what I can't do because of my health, and started focusing of the things I can do, it made my life a lot more enjoyable I can tell you. So these days I tend to concentrate on the positives in things. )

But I respect others feel differently. Have a good evening everyone.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

UPDATE: As confirmed by Grace here, Historical New Content Team is "
    the historical DLC team, not specifically the Rome II DLC team, so they're currently working on Yellow Turbans."
    Last edited by Welsh Dragon; October 30, 2018 at 05:15 AM.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, that's a bit disappointing - oh well. Even if the Ancestral Update / Rise of the Republic DLC were the last, I'm fairly content with Rome II in its current form anyway; a lot of the things that were angering me since support was initially dropped in around 2015 have now been either fixed or implemented. So, I'm really glad that the game received these last three major updates rather than nothing happening at all with it - CA have now made the vanilla game experience decent in my opinion, and potentially a great one for new players as well I think. Back when Empire Divided was announced, I thought that that would just be it, but suddenly a second and then an announcement of a third came our way as well. At the time that was already more than I could have realistically hoped for the game.
    Last edited by Benjin; October 31, 2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Sometimes used the same words more than once
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I agree completely to your statement, Benjin.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Honestly, I would wait and see what will happen in next few years. Maybe next year or two when we will enter another calm period without much content, maybe they will try again to return to some other title. Rome 2 again, Attila or ToB who knows...

I´m quite curious about ToB, I was not expecting any more patches/updates.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Rome 2?
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; October 31, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Well while waiting for any new content you may as well just play this in the meantime. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=193736354
    Looks interesting! Will integrate in my mods and credit! Thanks [emoji6]

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Yeah, that's a bit disappointing - oh well. Even if the Ancestral Update / Rise of the Republic DLC were the last, I'm fairly content with Rome II in its current form anyway; a lot of the things that were angering me since support was initially dropped in around 2015 have now been either fixed or implemented. So, I'm really glad that the game received these last three major updates rather than nothing happening at all with it - CA have made the vanilla game experience a decent experience now in my opinion, and potentially a great one for new players as well I think. Back when Empire Divided was announced, I thought that that would just be it, but suddenly a second and announcement of a third came our way as well - that's already more than I could have realistically hoped for.
    I agree. I'm kinda' glad they saved Rise of the Republic for last. It brought me back and i'm really getting my worth out of this title. Combined with the ancestral update, ROtR has been my favorite campaign/experience since this titles inception.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There’s news that the team have moved to Three Kingdoms?

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    There’s news that the team have moved to Three Kingdoms?
    A little.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace CA
    they're the historical DLC team, not specifically the Rome II DLC team, so they're currently working on Yellow Turbans
    Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...gjq/?context=3

Hope that helps.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Perhaps it is just me but it seems odd that a team that has made either entire campaign expansions or a DLC with several factions is now making a single faction DLC... It seems like overkill to me.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast