Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Indication For Future Content?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Icon5 Indication For Future Content?

So, the latest "What The Teams Are Working On" blog by CA has been posted up today, covering August - September.

To summarise, it looks like the Historical Content Team are still inspecting recent feedback (criticisms, suggestions, ideas etc) since the release of the Ancestral Update - apparently they're "very interested" in people's feedback on "what might be next". The Tools Team are also working on some launcher-related things for Rome II, starting with the update today which has moved downloaded workshop items into a different folder (steamapps/workshop/content/214950) instead of simply placing them into the data folder and removing the file size limit.

This could mean two things for the future:
    1. Historical Content Team - They're reading our feedback thoroughly because they are still focused on Rome 2 for the time being until 3K is ready for extra content. This might mean that we're going to get another DLC + FLC + major patch.
    2. Tools Team - They're starting to direct their efforts onto Rome II, which has been in dire need of attention for a while. They might bring more updates to the tools, such as the Assembly Kit (e.g. TEd / Terry Map Editors, fixes to Variant Editor etc).

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Benjin; September 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Indication For Future Content?

The Total War: ROME II launcher has received an update to bring it in line with Attila, Thrones of Britannia, and the two WARHAMMER titles. The change will remove the mod file size limit currently imposed on ROME II, but there are also some other changes that make up part of this update that you should be aware of:
    I think the mod file size is already removed for new mods, so Steam is the best choice even for big overhauls now.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Well new content for Rome II (FLC especially) is always welcome if it improves the overall gameplay in any way. A map editor would be awesome though I doubt they are going to add it

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    I think the mod file size is already removed for new mods, so Steam is the best choice even for big overhauls now.
    Damn, you're right - I didn't notice that part. Very good news!

If you have problems as mod author to update your old mods and you get "steam error 8" while udating you must make the following steps:

1. Copy your mod description.

2. Delete mod description.

3. Press "save changes".

4. Update mod.

5. Insert copied mod description.

5. Press "save changes".
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 19, 2018 at 07:31 PM.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I'm not sure if it's true, but there is a thread on the Total War forums suggesting that another unannounced DLC is in the works, directing people to this link for proof.

EDIT: Personally, I think it's just the launcher update from today.
    Last edited by Benjin; September 19, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Its a Sale sub, i guess.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    If you want to update your old mods, you must following these steps:

1. Copy your mod description.

2. Delete mod description.

3. Press "save changes".

4. Update mod.

5. Insert copied mod description.

5. Press "save changes".
    Are you saying that actually Steam doesn't automatically update anymore Rome 2 Mods? .. OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    1. Historical Content Team - They're reading our feedback thoroughly because they are still focused on Rome 2 for the time being until 3K is ready for extra content. This might mean that we're going to get another DLC + FLC + major patch

What do you guys think?
    From what I remember, CA said before that Pre-Order DLC are being made in parallel with the major game. They said pre-order dlc are being done by different team with separate budget to speed up the release of their games. They said that in Rome 2 release regarding Pontus or Greek DLC debacle. It means that even the game hasn't been released yet, it already needs additional content.

If that is true, There's a possibility that the pre-order dlc for Three Kingdoms are now being made as well.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    From what I remember, CA said before that Pre-Order DLC are being made in parallel with the major game. They said pre-order dlc are being done by different team with separate budget to speed up the release of their games. They said that in Rome 2 release regarding Pontus or Greek DLC debacle. It means that even the game hasn't been released yet, it already needs additional content.

If that is true, There's a possibility that the pre-order dlc for Three Kingdoms are now being made as well.
    I agree with your logic. At the same time, if they had all been transferred to working on content for Three Kingdoms, I kind of wonder why they wouldn't just say so. While this times What The Teams Are Working On? is a bit more of a retrospective than usual, it does still say "Historical New Content Team – ROME II" and "ROME II has had a series of updates last month, and the team have been looking at all the feedback and seeing how those changes have bedded in. Also very interesting to see has been the feedback on what might be next." Which sounds to me more like a team that's looking at the response to what has been done to one game, and at what they might do next on that game.

The Caesar Edition also feels to me like it's designed as a new entry point to the game, and while yes there's a lot of DLC already that this could be an entry point into selling (from a marketing POV,) at the same time why do a new edition like that when there's already Emperor and especially Spartan Editions which serve a similar purpose?

Most likely we're at or nearing the end of Rome 2's second era of content and support. But with Three Kingdoms shaping up to be not exactly the next big Historical Release many have been waiting for, but more a Historical/Fantasy hybrid, continuing to support their best selling and most played Historical (Rome 2,) makes a certain amount of sense too.

But maybe that's just the Rome 2 fan in me's wishful thinking. We shall see.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want more RII content.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Personally I see a new revival of Rome 2 and the additional content that has been added witj the great mods that are available I see this game only getting stronger. There are many new mods on steam and even some old modders have made an appearance back on the scene which is all promising stuff!

Personally it is a little late that CA have recognized this game is still popular but I respect the content they have delivered. May it continue and Roma Invicta!!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I agree with your logic. At the same time, if they had all been transferred to working on content for Three Kingdoms, I kind of wonder why they wouldn't just say so. While this times What The Teams Are Working On? is a bit more of a retrospective than usual, it does still say "Historical New Content Team – ROME II" and "ROME II has had a series of updates last month, and the team have been looking at all the feedback and seeing how those changes have bedded in. Also very interesting to see has been the feedback on what might be next." Which sounds to me more like a team that's looking at the response to what has been done to one game, and at what they might do next on that game.
    Actually when I saw "Historical New Content Team – ROME II", I thought they would talk about upcoming content or at least a hint but they only mentioned what they had released. Maybe they are only going to patch it.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post

Yes that is a possibility, but I don't think they'll be working on 3K just yet. 3K's release is set for Spring 2019 - at the earliest it'd be March and that's still roughly 6 months away. So there's still plenty of time for the Historical Content Team to do another DLC / FLC / major patch for around December before moving away from R2.
    Last edited by Benjin; September 20, 2018 at 09:15 AM.

Also hoping for that. There's still some potential for Rome 2, especially now that the modding scene is so vibrant again. Don't know if the sale figures are good enough for RotR but sure hope there's something else still in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Yes that is a possibility, but I don't think they'll be working on 3K just yet. 3K's release is set for Spring 2019 - at the earliest it'd be March and that's still roughly 6 months away. So there's still plenty of time for the Historical Content Team to do another DLC / FLC / major patch for around December before moving away from R2.
    What could that be?
    No need Alexander as there is only few time left before December.

Think about it, Romans encountered several German tribes during Rome 2 period and there is only 1 playable German Faction. Rome 2 has more playable Desert factions than Germans? Something is wrong.

Aside from what will happen to Attila.

New content and modding tools is what we are all waiting for.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Iīm personally expecting a patch for Ancestral Update/RotR. We had hot fix but they are usually following with balance patch with 1/2 month delay and especially with RotR/Ancestral update there is still lot small things to fix. :-)

Releasing tools could mean both options. 1) They are not yet done with R2 2) They are done..looking at ToB and recent release of tools for it...

Still WH2 content will be here in the end of November (probably) and thatīs 5 month distance from previous one, so the next part should be around March-April 2019? Honestly I was expecting they will drop everything for WH2 before releasing 3K. And with 3K delays..who knows, Spring for me is March-June. So technically there could be up to 8 more months?

Among other things, we got release date for 3K - March 7th, 2019. This is putting 3K in earliest point of my 3k release time frame. And we know that 4.10.18 will be revealed something else for WH2..probably campaign DLC which will be then released probably end October? And then we have another Lord pack for WH2 at beginning 2019...February probably, more likely end January to keep enough space for 3K hype. All this means we have only like November/December/January for any possible R2 content...so we probably wonīt see any more DLCs...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 25, 2018 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Probably not, but with the last dlcs i can mod and have fun for the next years.

And i give personal nothing about the opinion of the raging and ranting mob.

The last dlcs and flcs were good.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 27, 2018 at 02:24 PM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Yeah, me too and I still expect a patch and then probably a lot new mods to play
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast