Thread: Allegiance (and the related Decree)

Default Allegiance (and the related Decree)

Can't find much (or any) detail on the new Allegiance system. Started my first game for months and conquered a main settlement, which began with -21 Public Order, which was mostly made up of negative Allegiance (-17 IIRC). Next turn that Allegiance went down to -16. So I issued my first Decree, the one that is +10 to faction Allegiance. No change to the new settlement, and next turn it was only down the usual 1 to -15.

Not what I was expecting; what have I got wrong?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Allegiance (and the related Decree)

I haven't used the decree but I believe the Allegiance changes gradually as the religion in the other TW games. You need to wait a dozen turns for allegiance to get a new balance. If the whole province is yours it should go to 100%, but if you share the province with another faction(s), or some of the generals/governor have Usurpers allegiance or your faction is hit with the Usurper faction-wide trait - then the balance will be somewhere else. The decree - I suppose - makes the impact of your Allegiance stronger so the balance is achieved faster.
    The other thing is the Public Order. Improving Allegiance translates into better Public Order - but it's not 1:1. Indeed, the initial impact of improving Allegiance should be more palpable than the later one. Your situation seems strange though - but maybe there're other factors involved? Not possible to tell not playing with you.

Thanks, that makes some sense of the situation. Province was a settlement & 2 villages but 1 of the 2 villages was owned by another faction. The drop-by-one continued each turn (roughly, may have dropped by 2 occasionally and I didn't notice). When Allegiance reached -7 it stayed there for a few turns. Now that the Decree has ended it has risen to -8 a turn or two later. All of that would fit with a gradual movement towards an equilibrium rather than the immediate jump I was expecting.

Not sure whether to start another thread but here goes anyway...

Now I've issued another Decree, the one that gives +5 XP per turn and +1 Loyalty. It appears in the top bar, and turns remaining is counting down as expected (down to 9 turns left now) BUT my generals are only increasing experience by 1 every turn as normal.

Have reported it in the Support forum at totalwar.com.