Thread: The object of all dreams (horror game, based on one of my short stories :) )

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default The object of all dreams (horror game, based on one of my short stories :) )

This is a horror adventure game I am making for a contest (at Itch). Deadline is in a week, so it will be complete by then
    Work is roughly 85% done...

Title: The object of all dreams
    Genre: Horror/psychological
    Length: About an hour (and definitely no less than 30 min, even if you know what you are doing).
    Endings: Game has a few different endings.
    Original resolution: 640x400

Wouldn't want to post too much about it, given it will be finished soon enough, but I thought I could at least make it known that it will be uploaded soon!
    It is to be my second ever finished game!!! (after the Chrysalis )

Music is by a friend, gfx and story are by myself (also coding; which is on the lazy side of things, but should work := )

Here are a few screens:

I wouldn't have found the incentive to create it if not for the contest, so that is something...
    Your surname doesn't have to be Komnenos, Doukas or Palaiologos, so as to join
    the Neo-Byzantine Society: click on the immortal emblem; partake in high culture

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Default Re: The object of all dreams (horror game, based on one of my short stories :) )

Pretty cool! Good job. You've definitely nailed the early 90s eerie creepy computer game look. Does Kafka come back from the grave in this game as a zombie?

Default Re: The object of all dreams (horror game, based on one of my short stories :) )

Thanks!

Kafka only appears in an article about him (by myself ).
    the Neo-Byzantine Society: click on the immortal emblem; partake in high culture

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

This looks really cool, let us know when you finish it mate
    Under the patronage of Pontifex Maximus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by elfdude View Post
    I don't understand, clearly if white people simply made better choices to treat others as their equal there wouldn't be all of this justified pushback.

Thanks!

I will post the link to the (free) dl at Itch

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Thanks!

Kafka only appears in an article about him (by myself ).
    BOO! I am not appeased and I am not satisfied by this compromise. I will settle only for the Mecha Hitler version of Franz Kafka ala Wolfenstein from 1992.

https://i.imgur.com/awxQvrr.jpg

You should attempt to release such games on Android platform. As a mobile game you can end up making a good load of money, if it gets popular.

The protagonist is stuck working a menial job, yet aspires to make a real breakthrough: he recently started working on a solution for a famous mathematical problem. He is of the view that when he does provide a proof, he will become known, respected, and his finanial problems will be over.

And yet, just as he was apparently nearing a breakthrough regarding the mathematical problem, another problem - one lurking in his inner world, and manifesting in a series of dreams - will demand to be solved first, if he is to go through with his plans...

Story and gfx: Kyriakos Chalkopoulos

Original music: Mileva Anastasiadou

Created in September 2018

Dl at https://kyriakosch.itch.io/the-object-of-all-dreams

I hope you like it - again there are some issues, but I think that the story (and music) are nice ^_^