Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeatedArchontopoulai.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	355023More news about the aforementioned issues:
    1. {Latin_Handgunners}Touphakyphoroi: After I comparing unit information in the export_descr_unit.txt file, it was not in the formation line, but in the soldier, for example:

Contaratoi:
    soldier Contaratoi, 60, 0, 0.925, 0.30
    Gasmuli:
    soldier Gasmuli, 60, 0, 0.9
    Latin_Handgunner: soldier Latin_Handgunners, 48, 0, 1,05

Notice the values are separated with commas, so there are three numerical values for Gasmuli (ranged unit, crossbowman) and four numerical values for Latin_Handgunner (ranged unit, arquebus shooter), with the last being 05, instead of 1.05, and Contaratoi (melee unit, light spearman). I substitued the comma for a dot, so that the Latin_handgunner has only three numerical values, with the last being 1.05:

soldier Latin_Handgunners, 48, 0, 1.05

In the image to the right, you can see the Touphakyphoroi with a natural formation (after the change in the EDU), behind the Archontopoulai.

2. Now this has gotten strangier: After failing a few times to reproduce that behavior (of a unit, especially Skoutatoi, tiring before the battle start, due to overheating) I actually got another unit to misbehave: the Archontopoulai. The left image show the silver shield, two armor upgrades Archontopoulai already very tired, before the battle start. The right image shows them Exausted just after the start. This was in the Arsuf map, hard difficulty, midday. Note non unpgraded Archontopoulai unit was Fresh the entire time and so were the two Skoutatoi units, one with a sword (spear) upgrade and the other with gold shield, three armor upgrades, still Fresh.

OK, been away from the forums for a few weeks, just seen this is up! downloading now, will try to play today!

Thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oakenthrone View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing myself, what do you other players recommend? I remember in SS6.4 vh/vh with bygs IV and Real recruitment was insane tough and I found myself restarting alot of failed campaigns! :p

I tried a VH/VH campaign just recently as Portugal, in early and I managed to last 7 years before I got absolutley manhandled by a Spanish and Moorish combination assault on Lisbon and Porto

and this time I could'nt even exploit the BAI by using my usual tricks to try and bait the enemy to send his horses through my spears all set up on the main road just behind the gates... this time the AI held most of the heavy cavalry back in reserves and also tried to lure out my flanking cavalry with its own spear unit whilst whittling down my main core with its skirmish and lighter troops! usuallly (standard BAI) the AI wouldve just charged, spears, skirmishers, general and all right at your town center with no care for his own safety?!

now I gotta fear more, as mistakes are less forgiving and the ai is much better! (make sure you select the G5 reallyBad AI hardcore mod in startup)
    I would say for battles use VH, and for campaigns Medium to VH. The AI gets experience bonuses when recruiting for H and VH in this version, as well as some other tweaks and assists such as pushing them to build Smiths more often so they can upgrade armors, which they did only rarely before. Have a look at the data\export_descr_buildings.txt file, it is extremely complex now.

As I have been saying, the BAI is now quite different and interacts with the new aspects of RC2.0 well. Yes if you select the ReallyBadAI Hardcore sub-mod (and even if you don’t) and don't pause the battles to issue orders (which also doesn’t seem to help much) it can be extremely challenging, especially on larger battles and/or in Late Era. Playing some of the new Historical Battles I have been repeatedly surprised by it. For an additional challenge, select the Extended Combat sub-mod.

If you want to try Extended Combat and you already have a campaign under way, copy the contents of the RRRC_Ultimate\data\campaign\sub\ExtendedCombat folder to RRRC_Ultimate\data

Regarding BGRIV, somof the more gratuitous (in my view) costs, such as paying 6000 for a new leader coming of age (and over which you have no control), have been toned down considerably - not removed, just reduced.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 23, 2018 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VCB89 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeatedArchontopoulai.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	355023More news about the aforementioned issues:
    1. {Latin_Handgunners}Touphakyphoroi: After I comparing unit information in the export_descr_unit.txt file, it was not in the formation line, but in the soldier, for example:

Contaratoi:
    soldier Contaratoi, 60, 0, 0.925, 0.30
    Gasmuli:
    soldier Gasmuli, 60, 0, 0.9
    Latin_Handgunner: soldier Latin_Handgunners, 48, 0, 1,05

Notice the values are separated with commas, so there are three numerical values for Gasmuli (ranged unit, crossbowman) and four numerical values for Latin_Handgunner (ranged unit, arquebus shooter), with the last being 05, instead of 1.05, and Contaratoi (melee unit, light spearman). I substitued the comma for a dot, so that the Latin_handgunner has only three numerical values, with the last being 1.05:

soldier Latin_Handgunners, 48, 0, 1.05

In the image to the right, you can see the Touphakyphoroi with a natural formation (after the change in the EDU), behind the Archontopoulai.

2. Now this has gotten strangier: After failing a few times to reproduce that behavior (of a unit, especially Skoutatoi, tiring before the battle start, due to overheating) I actually got another unit to misbehave: the Archontopoulai. The left image show the silver shield, two armor upgrades Archontopoulai already very tired, before the battle start. The right image shows them Exausted just after the start. This was in the Arsuf map, hard difficulty, midday. Note non unpgraded Archontopoulai unit was Fresh the entire time and so were the two Skoutatoi units, one with a sword (spear) upgrade and the other with gold shield, three armor upgrades, still Fresh.
    1.05 is the correct value for soldier mass, depending on multiple factors. If no value is placed in the 4th position it defaults to 0.4, being the soldier x-radius depending on weapon type.

Can’t see any images?

Still have not been able to reproduce the odd heat behavior. If you get it, save the battle and re-start it to see if it happens again, and send the save file to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I would say for battles use VH, and for campaigns Medium to VH. The AI gets experience bonuses when recruiting for H and VH in this version, as well as some other tweaks and assists such as pushing them to build Smiths more often so they can upgrade armors, which they did only rarely before. Have a look at the data\export_descr_buildings.txt file, it is extremely complex now.

As I have been saying, the BAI is now quite different. Yes if you select the ReallyBadAI Hardcore sub-mod and don't pause the battles, it can be extremely challenging, especially on larger battles and/or in Late Era. Playing some of the new Historical Battles I have been repeatedly surprised by it. For an additional challenge, select the Extended Combat sub-mod.

interesting, i often played my mod without reallybadai as it crashed my battles way to often when there were reinforcements, now reinstalling medieval 2 clean and fresh and trying your mod again with the 8gb version, if it keeps crashing yet again i will have one more thing to cannibalize from your mod

I get crashes from it only very rarely. I could always have a look at the reinforcement code.
    Even the vanilla BAI should do better using RC2.0 though.
    Its always a good idea to save the game before battles anyway.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 23, 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Yeah, disabled all submods, still getting painfully slow end turn time...

Most mods like THERA and Vanilla SS got only 1 min max end turn time, dont know why its happening that with RR.

50 secs - 1 minute turns time for me on early campaign with BGR II and almost all submod

Another error: Semi-silversurfers and floating bows on this unit:

https://imgur.com/a/Ac83BDN

Has anyone else noticed that can not see the castle buildings tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that can not see the castle buildings tree?
    Yes, turn count, year and some other UI issues too =/

Vanilla SS includes much of the earlier RR/RC stuff, especially the campaign code. Are you getting anything pop up at campaign start showing BGR traits/ancilliaries? The main piece of code that has an effect is the campaign_script.txt, in RRRC_Ultimate\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, can you post a copy of yours here or send me as message containing it?

Also, in F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg, change the line
    windowed = 1
    to
    windowed = 0
    on the off-chance that might be having some weird effect.

I get crashes from it only very rarely. I could always have a look at the reinforcement code.
    Even the vanilla BAI should do better using RC2.0 though.
    Its always a good idea to save the game before battles anyway.
    no no, i meant the default reallybadai of SS6.4 was crashing my battles so i stopped using it, sort of, iirc i only replaced config_ai_battle.xml with another, now looking in that file it says it's reallybadai v5.x, dunno really what's going on but crashes have stopped so whatever

i havent played your mod yet cause crash on the very first screen, that's on my end though, will most likely work with clean med 2

but what are the other files that affect AI behaviour ? or atleast the ones that affect it the most

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i havent played your mod yet cause crash on the very first screen, that's on my end though, will most likely work with clean med 2

but what are the other files that affect AI behaviour ? or atleast the ones that affect it the most
    You mean it crashes when you try to play a campaign? Download Patch 1 in the first post, that fixes it, been there a while now.

AI is affected by battle_config.xml and config_ai_battle.xml, and how those interact with all the combat files, especially the EDU and unit attributes. A lot of RBAI is scripted, its in the campaign_script.txt

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Yes, turn count, year and some other UI issues too =/
    Yes am trying to work those out. I'm putting out a mini-patch soon that displays the turns as years on the bottom right, and you can use F2/F3 to zoom in and out on the radar map in the mean time.
    The castles not showing up in the building browser must be something pretty simple, will try swapping an older version of the EDB in and see if that's the cause.

Vanilla SS includes much of the earlier RR/RC stuff, especially the campaign code. Are you getting anything pop up at campaign start showing BGR traits/ancilliaries? The main piece of code that has an effect is the campaign_script.txt, in RRRC_Ultimate\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, can you post a copy of yours here or send me as message containing it?

Also, in F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg, change the line
    windowed = 1
    to
    windowed = 0
    on the off-chance that might be having some weird effect.
    Yes, no problem but there is any way to annex? The log is pretty big to post here, i think.

Just use something like Mega.nz, upload it and post a link to it here (the campaign_script, not a log file).

Did changing it to windowed = 0 have any effect?

Even if you don't have it as a selected sub-mod, are you getting anything pop up at campaign start showing BGR traits/ancilliaries?

This slow-down thing also seems to be a problem that affects only some users. From what people have been saying, for them it seems to run ok at the start then get progressively slower, is that right? If that is the case it sounds more like a memory or GPU issue, because some also mentioned that changing some of the Video Options helped - maybe turn off Campaign Shadows, reduce campaign map resolution (make sure to set windowed = 0) and turn of anti-aliasing and anisotropic - set your graphics card to do it instead.

Ok, Gigantus has solved the date and season, radar mini-map zoom buttons and Castle Building Browser not showing.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

yay for Gigantus
    Anyway.
    Had an aidentical CTD whilst attacking Inverness high era england vs scots.
    In both cases it happened very shortly after the Battle Timer started.
    -----------------
    So I switched to doing an England early era camapign.
    Up to 1173 and no CTDs so far in battle or campaign.

noted some minor points:
    Baghdad is given as a crusade target - needs removing.
    The mounted sgts are silver surfers,etc

Hobilars are available too soon. They were an irish import so I'd suggest 1200 at the earliest.

Jihad / crusade armies are sitting outside the targets without starting a siege even when they have numerical superiority.
    I'm sure we had this before can't recall the fix though.

Economy still fine.

Might be an idea to bump up the population numbers required to level up.
    Should allow for more lower level buildings to be built along the way.

You mean it crashes when you try to play a campaign? Download Patch 1 in the first post, that fixes it, been there a while now.

AI is affected by battle_config.xml and config_ai_battle.xml, and how those interact with all the combat files, especially the EDU and unit attributes. A lot of RBAI is scripted, its in the campaign_script.txt
    it crashes like 4-5 seconds after launching the game, the rrrc folder is 14.2 gb not 18 as it says on main page, also there's no RRRC_ultimate.bat, there's the bat to chose AI formations RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat then theres SS_launcher and SS_setup

log http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09935265031135843732

i've installed the sweetfx thing too, still wont work

EDIT: oh yea i installed the patch too
    EDIT: gona try download it again, maybe something broke during download, i did everything corectly, tried everything, why the f isnt it working

Civis

Using: Mod + Patch_1.

So far not a single CTD or whatever just very slow turn times. I'm using minimods: BGR IV, Hardcore AI, high era, KER, Longer Asimilation, DEY Rebelion and enhanced rebels.
    Waiting fix for ALT + Tab its the best method to skip boring turn times however it doesnt work in this Mod YET.

From technical side only tiny issue is caused by RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat . After formation is chosen it can't locate SS_Setup.exe on his own.

P.S. If anyone doesnt like how small banners are in battlemap then you can tweak them very easy.
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; September 24, 2018 at 04:01 PM.