Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Can you confirm if that CTD fix works for both eras or just High Era?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Can you confirm if that CTD fix works for both eras or just High Era?
    Yes. I have both campaigns early and high working over here now no problem thanks to that CTD fix.

Great thanks

Glad you are enjoying the MTW music. I agree it is way more atmospheric, some on the campaign map too I think, plus the general's portraits are all taken from MTW The new strat map textures and tree models etc look really nice too.

Appreciate the feedback.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 19, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

The unit cards are a nice touch yes, although i think the ocean texture looks a little strange , way too many clouds and the clouds seem to be moving quite quickly , preferred the more serene look of the old one tbh, thats just my opinion. also maybe this has something to do with the drop in campaign fps some people are experiencing?

Will check the oceans.
    After cleaning the folders up, its down to 13.9GB uncompressed! Uploading to Google Drive now, only 8.32GB.

Went through TWC and downloaded 35 historical battles, will see how many I can get working.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 19, 2018 at 09:30 AM.

hey PB, how can I set all jav infantry units to throw them and then charge like lithuanian nobles do? I've seen it on EBII and really like it.

Btw, check spanish mounted sergeant unit card when you can, it shows a peasant unit.

You have to give them the 'prec' attribute. Don't think you will want to set them all to be doing that though, a lot of them are very lightly armed and armored and would get cut up pretty bad in melee.

Haven't dealt with stuff like missing missing unit cards and silver surfers yet, been playtesting the new Historical Battles, will make a separate small download available when they are done. There are loads and they cover some really interesting battles but many are meant for vanilla or SS6.x. For those I need to change some units and put armor upgrades appropriate to what year it is when the battle takes place. Some good multiplayer ones there I think.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 19, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Prec on EBII? If they removed it and are still updating it to return it in 2.4, it has not been released. It gave a problem of freezing the units and they spent a lot of time figuring out how to solve it

Sorry have had to restart the upload twice, one from a power cut and the second from our doggy playing and knocking the plug out lol. It’s so painfully slow, about 1GB/hour.

On the plus side, have completed updating all the new historical battles, about 30 of them, so will upload them when I update the Release thread with the download link to the new version.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

The campaign now works after the fix. However, France's color on the map is the same as HRE. Also, the zoom in and zoom out buttons for the maps on the campaign are not present.

Those are not something I did. You should be able to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel.

I'm confused, I can't seem to find the download link for this mod on the first page. Is the hyperlink not showing up?

Wait a day or two, he is uploading now

Quote Originally Posted by Artyy View Post
    I'm confused, I can't seem to find the download link for this mod on the first page. Is the hyperlink not showing up?
    The first text in the first post on the first page :
    DOWNLOAD LINK: I have temporarily removed the download link and am going to go through the mod's folder and get rid of a lot of the old files cluttering things up, this should save many GB. I will then put up a new link.
    It will include a fix to prevent a campaign startup CTD some are experiencing, and some small tweaks and tunes.

Yes, uploading now, expect a link in about 8 hours or so, as well as a 'Battle Pack' .zip containing all the new and updated historical battles.

The ReallyBadAI has really hit its stride with RC2.0, its a tough opponent. Seeing some great formation holding, flanking, hammer-and-anvil attacks and smart withdrawal behavior when over-matched in melee. Its come as a complete surprise and is pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

That sounds great. Can't wait to play it! Thanks for the help.

will the new update have fix for campaign unit cards? re- Spanish sergeants showing as peasants (for example)

Talking of Spain, I just married El-Cid in early campaign via the rebell generals mod

It took a few tries tho (quicksave) lol, I got disgraced princess mostly

anyways, I got him now

Hurrah!!

Going to be doing all those fiddly little graphical fixes next time around, will be very soon. Have to put a list together.

I’m looking forward to playing The Reconquista.

Ok the first post has been updated with a download link for the new version, and also a link to the first patch https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GU...3KyMRSYbbMZO0l

If you downloaded the original (30GB) version, the Patch should still work it.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 21, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

Is the patch necessary for the final download too?