Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Is it my impression, or are the units now moving much slower and charge from a shorter distance? It seems like I'm watching a battle in slow motion. The green circular signal of the selected units have also disappeared, although I have not activated the submod of g5 hardcore edition.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    For BGRIV I have toned right down some of the extremely high and very opaque costs and penalties, such as when a leader came of age it used to cost the faction over 6000 for his new estate - you could recruit 20 units of spearmen for that.
    It depends on the personal tastes. I actually found it very convincing historically and it limited the stack-spam (these 20 units).
    I think that for the BGR_V lovers this financial hardship was very enticing (well, I've played one game with BGR_V and it could have been interesting but Byg's disabled all the "vanilla" traits while I see the role-playing to be an essential part of the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It depends on the personal tastes. I actually found it very convincing historically and it limited the stack-spam (these 20 units).
    I think that for the BGR_V lovers this financial hardship was very enticing (well, I've played one game with BGR_V and it could have been interesting but Byg's disabled all the "vanilla" traits while I see the role-playing to be an essential part of the game.)
    Is it not better to increase visible costs and maintenance in general, than to put hidden costs impossible to calculate with a normal brain, and without transparent interface that details? It makes it impossible for me to make plans in the medium to long term, because I never know how much they will charge me each turn

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Is it not better to increase visible costs and maintenance in general, than to put hidden costs impossible to calculate with a normal brain, and without transparent interface that details? It makes it impossible for me to make plans in the medium to long term, because I never know how much they will charge me each turn
    I agree that the unpredictability of the finance was difficult to live with for the players who liked making precise plans. However, I find a few arguments in favour of the Byg's innovations:
    - it's very historical that you had to pay for your nobles, and the royal children were really a drain for each king finances (recently Thrones of Britannia introduced the estate-mechanism: the nobles demand estate and this impacts heavily on their loyalty).
    - gameplaywise, it was to make the player paying if he's irresponsible dealings with the generals. You may kill deliberately a general (famous way for packing a boat with unwanted generals) - but you need to pay to have another one;
    - you may just keep a constant reasonable surplus in your treasury (5-8k) and you're on the safe side;
    - the history was very unpredictable at that time: unforeseen expenses were a rule, not an exception. Long-term planning was very difficult, this was not the time of modern central planners.
    - it added the difficulty to game - what was the Byg's aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Is it my impression, or are the units now moving much slower and charge from a shorter distance? It seems like I'm watching a battle in slow motion. The green circular signal of the selected units have also disappeared, although I have not activated the submod of g5 hardcore edition.
    Generally the same speed as before, and some actually faster such as pikes and phalanx polearms. Depends very much on the terrain, and units wearing heavier armor move more slowly than other units too, but not more than in the last version. There is a file in \data that allows you to globally modify the movement rate for each type of terrain but I can't remember its name. Charge distances remain at 6; using more reduces cohesion after impact. Cavalry charge distances are all longer.

Green selection markers have gone, it makes it a bit harder to control for the player especially when units are jumbled together or in terrain like a forest, which seems realistic.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 17, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

Going to temporarily remove the download link in the first post, and get rid of a lot of the old files cluttering things up, should be able to save many GB; will then put up a new link.
    Will include a fix to prevent the campaign CTD, and some small tweaks and tunes.
    For those who have downloaded already I'll put that stuff in a small patch.
    Hopefully the 4 mini-campaigns will be working soon too.
    All will be done in 1-2 days maximum.

I can't see any reason the campaigns should be running much more slowly than before, except the new optional sub-mods could be having some small effect due to any additional monitors.

I'm not hearing about any other problems - if that CTD is about it for now that would be good news. If you have any on the Battle Map that will be ReallyBadAI not RC - all the new animations are now correctly assigned.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

It's going very well in general, although I've only tried random battles and some turns of the campaign. I only have the problem of the low fps in the campaign map (maybe new sea textures/shadows/reflections?), the battles go well. Permanent arrows seems to stay activated even if I disable it, although I know how to fix it manually. Not having the green and red circles under the units is very uncomfortable for me, I have never played like that. How can they be reactivated?

In the file mods\RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg, change the line disable_arrow_markers = 1 to disable_arrow_markers = 0.

It all helps to even the player up vs the AI.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 17, 2018 at 01:05 PM.

I just want to point out that clicking on Quick Battle causes CTD after loading (I have not yet added the fix for campaign CTD, don't know if that would also fix this issue)

@Point Blank Let me know if you need help with the uploading, I will provide another torrent link and as of now both early/high era works but I would recommend a file cleaning
    Throughout the campaign I haven't encounter any ctd for high era. I will do one for early campaign soon. Appreciate the work here with GEM running looks amazing, thanks.

Glad to see both campaigns actually running for someone! Are they slow, like some are reporting?

Run a file clean on the RRRC_Ultimate folder?

Early and late campaign working for me finally, just got some wrong unit cards on mounted sergeants for spain (appear as peasants) and missing building browser for castles levels. Thanks for this PB (Y)

I strongly recommend using the 4GB patch for any heavy mod like this, in addition to installing the game in the root folder C: / (OR X: /). Solve many problems of this type.

I do not link because I think the twcenter rules do not allow modifying the executable, but many people use it. It is easily found on Google

Point Blank, thanks! I knew about disable_arrow_markers but I did not remember it, I'm fool xD And I'm glad that it's compatible with the partial translation into Spanish, it makes it much more comfortable for me I think you have hardly any problems to solve, pending of playing a campaign decently

Hi Point, so it's better to wait for the upload of the new 'clean' version?

Eureka, I managed to solve the slowness of the campaign! They were the graphic options and other options of medieval.preferences that you incorporate in your mod. I have it refined to my liking for a long time and all the mods are perfect for me. I have erased almost all the options and now it is very fluid

I also know that many times having your own graphic options in the cfg files of any mod causes CTD according to the graphic configuration of the PC and monitor of the person who executes it. I recommend deleting all the graphic options of your cfg file and that each one use their own from the medieval2.preferences.cfg file of the root folder

@Point Blank Do a clean version or I'll just do it myself since the mod is running perfectly. Thanks.

Sigs: what changes did you make, can you send them to me or upload them please?

Toranks: might do that thanks.

Really pleased progress is being made, the problems seem to be pretty minor
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 18, 2018 at 07:34 AM.

Just completed a bunch of small updates and fixes, including:
    - Archers and Heavy Infantry AI formations type now working
    - Updated armor and some unit types for Historical Battles
    - Naffatuns throw and Siphonatores fire with minimal aiming time
    - Added more loading screens
    - Some minor EDU tweaks including adjusting some unit quality levels
    - Some new strat map textures
    - Removed old files and folders that were hangovers from development and testing; significantly reduced the size of the download
    - Bugfix for the campaigns startup CTDs

Will upload tomorrow. The next thing should be the four mini-campaigns, they can be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 18, 2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Glad to see both campaigns actually running for someone! Are they slow, like some are reporting?

Run a file clean on the RRRC_Ultimate folder?

I tried a complete clean reinstall and now got the campaigns working as well (with the afore posted CTD fix) as the custom battles, alls good, trying out a campaign as the Franks High era right now, as for slow? maybe the end turn time is slower than regular SS6.4, but not by alot. it's to be expected with all the information the RR/RC mod adds to the campaign

All in all, it's looking good though so far, I am enjoying this and you can see alot of work went into this mod, so many little nuances and subtle flavors have been changed/added/reworked

I will keep an eye out for your next update and will keep at it!

Thanks PB!

( edit- bug Crusader States unit and city flag banners look like rebel ones on these show up on both high and early campaigns)

ps/ That Jeff Van Dyck score ported over from Medieval Total war 1 is the icing on the cake, just whats needed for more medieval atmosphere!
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM.