Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Further progress. Sort of.

Had a CTD with fatal graphics error trying to assault Reims with 2 full stacks against 2 part stacks defending (French).
    Seems like I had too many troops.
    So I'll have to auto-resolve that one.
    I've tried attacking with 1 stack vs a part stack and lost every time.
    Combination of machine gun towers and morale boost to defenders, or morale cut for attackers ?

I found archer levy (peasant archers) are utterly useless, very slow rate of fire, run away at the slightest hint of danger, won't even climb walls of settlement even if there are no defenders.
    I disbanded them all from my army. The idea that anyone every entered battle equipped with just a hunting bow is simply wrong.

Spear militia can't be used offensively either, they run away on first contact inside enemy settlements.
    Even so-called professional troops run away when faced by defenders.
    Lost to 1 GB. 1 catapult and 4 spear militia with a full stack of mostly professional troops.
    (Auto-resolve would have given me an easy victory.)

So some balancing issues it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    yay for Gigantus
    Anyway.
    Had an aidentical CTD whilst attacking Inverness high era england vs scots.
    In both cases it happened very shortly after the Battle Timer started.
    -----------------
    So I switched to doing an England early era camapign.
    Up to 1173 and no CTDs so far in battle or campaign.

noted some minor points:
    Baghdad is given as a crusade target - needs removing.
    The mounted sgts are silver surfers,etc

Hobilars are available too soon. They were an irish import so I'd suggest 1200 at the earliest.

Jihad / crusade armies are sitting outside the targets without starting a siege even when they have numerical superiority.
    I'm sure we had this before can't recall the fix though.

Economy still fine.

Might be an idea to bump up the population numbers required to level up.
    Should allow for more lower level buildings to be built along the way.
    If you get a CTD I'd suggest just re-loading M2TW and auto-resolve it. Siege battles have a greater crash probability, the RBAI code for them is pretty complex.
    Will remove Baghdad as a crusade target.
    Got a list of minor graphical fixes to attend to:
    Wrong Unit Cards
    -------------------
    spain mounted sergeants shows a peasant card
    england mounted sergeants shows a peasant card

Unit Flags and Banners
    --------------------------
    Crusader States look like rebel ones

Silver Surfers
    ---------------
    Turkish ghulams foot and mounted
    England mounted sergeants

Riders Not Showing
    ----------------------
    Nobvgorod mounted militia

Castle Towers
    ---------------
    should cease fire after capture
    should have flags showing who controls

Misc Bugs
    -----------
    slave merchants have the EMT_SLAVE_MERCHANT text

Anything else?

Seem to recall something about that crusading army attack fix?
    Will increase population numbers required for each level, maybe by 1/3?
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 24, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    it crashes like 4-5 seconds after launching the game, the rrrc folder is 14.2 gb not 18 as it says on main page, also there's no RRRC_ultimate.bat, there's the bat to chose AI formations RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat then theres SS_launcher and SS_setup

log http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09935265031135843732

i've installed the sweetfx thing too, still wont work

EDIT: oh yea i installed the patch too
    EDIT: gona try download it again, maybe something broke during download, i did everything corectly, tried everything, why the f isnt it working
    Ok the 18.9 is a typo, fixed, should have been 13.9 so could be 14.2 on your HD.
    Fixed the RCRR_Ultimate.bat thing, yes it should be RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat.

When you say it crashes 4-5 seconds into the game, I'm assuming it does not make it to the first menu screen? That sounds like a problem with the data\unit_models\battle_models.db file I have attached it below, maybe try that. Have you had a look at the Medieval II Total War\logs\auh.system.log file?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 24, 2018 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    Using: Mod + Patch_1.

So far not a single CTD or whatever just very slow turn times. I'm using minimods: BGR IV, Hardcore AI, high era, KER, Longer Asimilation, DEY Rebelion and enhanced rebels.
    Waiting fix for ALT + Tab its the best method to skip boring turn times however it doesnt work in this Mod YET.

From technical side only tiny issue is caused by RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat . After formation is chosen it can't locate SS_Setup.exe on his own.

P.S. If anyone doesnt like how small banners are in battlemap then you can tweak them very easy.
    Do the turns slow down progressively or are they slow from the first turn? Have you tried changing some of the video options?
    For the ALT-TAB thing, in RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg try changing the line
    windowed = 1
    to
    windowed = 0

Am at a loss as to why the Launcher can't find SS_Setup.exe, the code in the Launcher is:
    CD .. ; because its currently in \data copying a file
    START SS_setup.exe
    Still you can just close the Launcher window and run SS_Setup manually, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Further progress. Sort of.

Had a CTD with fatal graphics error trying to assault Reims with 2 full stacks against 2 part stacks defending (French).
    Seems like I had too many troops.
    So I'll have to auto-resolve that one.
    I've tried attacking with 1 stack vs a part stack and lost every time.
    Combination of machine gun towers and morale boost to defenders, or morale cut for attackers ?

I found archer levy (peasant archers) are utterly useless, very slow rate of fire, run away at the slightest hint of danger, won't even climb walls of settlement even if there are no defenders.
    I disbanded them all from my army. The idea that anyone every entered battle equipped with just a hunting bow is simply wrong.

Spear militia can't be used offensively either, they run away on first contact inside enemy settlements.
    Even so-called professional troops run away when faced by defenders.
    Lost to 1 GB. 1 catapult and 4 spear militia with a full stack of mostly professional troops.
    (Auto-resolve would have given me an easy victory.)

So some balancing issues it seems.
    For the graphics error, try the 4GB patch.
    Peasant Archers are Peasants, have low discipline, are untrained and have morale 1, ie the worst in the game. Spear Militia are Peasant Militia, have low discipline, are untrained and have morale 3. Trying to use either offensively, especially in a siege, is not going to work well, unless if you have a high chivalry general maybe. Both also use a 'Militia' animation set (as does anything of less than Average quality) which makes them tend to pull back in melee and have yet more difficulty on the attack. I am pretty sure defending troops in a siege get a morale boost, and perhaps the defending general had some Dread? Not sure if attackers suffer a morale penalty?

Note that the shooting rate from Towers depends on unit scale, ie on Huge its faster than on Normal. Tower bows are classed as Superior warbows, ie between small simple bows and something like a longbow or composite bow.

Peasant Archers bring what they have to the army and are then shooed in the direction of the battle, what do you want for a unit that costs 80 to recruit? It would be unreasonable to equip them with something like the next bow up. Their shooting animation is the same speed as other skirmish archers but their range is only 80m and attack merely 1.

I will be updating auto-resolve values shortly, as shown in the Release post, but have to test them first.

Gigantus is having a look at the mini-campaigns, hopefully he can get them working, keen to play Reconquista 1146 and Italian Wars 1494.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 24, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Ok the 18.9 is a typo, fixed, should have been 13.9 so could be 14.2 on your HD.
    Fixed the RCRR_Ultimate.bat thing, yes it should be RCRR_Ultimate_Launcher.bat.

When you say it crashes 4-5 seconds into the game, I'm assuming it does not make it to the first menu screen? That sounds like a problem with the data\unit_models\battle_models.db file I have attached it below, maybe try that. Have you had a look at the Medieval II Total War\logs\auh.system.log file?
    yes it crashes before reaching main menu, yes it's a error typical of battle_models althrough i dont know how it could be that since i havent touched any file at all, i tried anyway your attached file and it still crashes

downloaded the mod and tried again, got a blue screen of death during setup when i clicked Start and Exit lol, rebooted tried again, still crashes

i've already provided a link to download my log file but here's one more
    auh.system.log.txt

Yes just one of those 'unspecified errors' Wow a BSOD that's a first lol. Yeah the battle_models thing is consistent but couldn't see how it would be working for others and not you.

Have you tried saving your mods folder somewhere, deleting your entire Medieval II Total War folder and then re-installing from Steam or wherever? You mentioned you were going to. I had to do that a bunch of times when I inexplicably lost sound.

I’m having a consistent ctd, which I suspect is due to Crusader States faction being destroyed. The reason I say this is because in my Sicily campaign I hold Jerusalem which is currentlu being sieged by the two “nomad” crusader armies (meaning they don’t have any settlements and are a horde). When I win the battle and kill both last FMs, it returns to campaign, does the turn countdown till my factions (it was them who assaulted) and the game crashes with a unknown error when it is my turn. I tried losing on purpose and everything’s fine, no crash, so I’m pretty sure this is linked to the faction destruction.

couldn't see how it would be working for others and not you.
    that's what i thought aswell, wtf, i've tried THERA on the new installed med 2 and it works, rrrc however doesnt want to, very likely i am missing something, i've reinstalled med 2 like 4 times already

so what i do is:

1 extract RRRC ultimate folder into mods folder
    2 extract the patch stuff
    3 run the formation setup, chose minimods, start and exit
    4 crash
    5 ????
    6 *flips table*

EDIT: tried De Bello Mundi and SSHIP, both work aswell on the newly installed med 2

Maybe try changing some of the video options etc in the .cfg file, or replace sections of it with those from another mod?
    Try it with no minimods too, on the off chance.

Bercor: ok thanks.

Another day another CTD.
    Another unspecified error - I'm beginning to suspect this is down to memory. (I have 8GB RAM but M2TW uses less than half of that IIRC.)

Not helped by having huge unit sizes.
    I don't recall choosing huge unit sizes is it the default ?
    I'll try and use large next time I start a campaign.

The peasant archers can be modded out easily enough, (replace with archer militia) also peasants in faction armies.
    They can be used for rebel armies which is more realistic.

I'm up to 1223 approx and economy still looking good for England.
    Bumping up town sizes by 1/3 should make for a longer game in 2 TPY. for less than that people might want to keep it as it is ?

Battle CTD tend to happen in siege battles after the battle has been running for a few minutes, open field CTD happen at the setup stage if they happen.
    But that may not be a representative sample.

I'm not keeping track of traits and ancillaries, there's too many to keep checking to see who has what.

I have a feeling the crusade / jihad armies not siegeing came up a long time ago.
    But have no idea what the fix was

Night battles are fun.
    I was attacking Antioch with a full-stack crusader army - got bush-whacked by three near full stack Fatimid armies.
    Had a solid defensive position and a lot of reasonable troops.
    Couldn't see a thing.

I was attacked from front and both flanks.

End of crusade (for me anyway.)

UPDATE :
    If we're getting CTDs when faction is destroyed this thread may provide an answer :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15654871
    NOTE : I've not had this when factions are destroyed so far, but that's because it needs a particular set of circumstances to happen.

I vaguely recall an issue with the Kingmaker ancillary as well.
    I expect Jurand will know more about these.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; September 25, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Used2BRoz: I've got no idea, I don't recall that ancillary issue. Frankly speaking, after our shared experience with Titanium, I expect many CTDs in RC/RR, coming from various sources.

Maybe try changing some of the video options etc in the .cfg file, or replace sections of it with those from another mod?
    Try it with no minimods too, on the off chance.

Bercor: ok thanks.
    it actually works now..., why the hell would some simple options cause a crash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Used2BRoz: I've got no idea, I don't recall that ancillary issue. Frankly speaking, after our shared experience with Titanium, I expect many CTDs in RC/RR, coming from various sources.
    Why? The campaign startup ctd has been fixed. Any battle ctds will be caused by RBAI, unless there are a few incorrectly-assigned new animations still. Very little has been changed in the campaign script etc from the previous version, which came out in 2010 from memory (and see this release thread from 2009, 393 pageshttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdate-April-23 ) ie long before Titanium, and was very stable. Neither have I seen particular evidence of any interactions among sub-mods causing them. This isn’t a new mod, it’s the evolution of an older one, and none of the new changes really use any radical or untested mechanisms. On the whole the number of issues discovered so far has been pretty small really.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 26, 2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    it actually works now..., why the hell would some simple options cause a crash ?

So it was just some video options? Were you able to determine which one(s)?

Roz: will reply shortly.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 26, 2018 at 05:19 AM.

So it was just some video options? Were you able to determine which one(s)?

Roz: will reply shortly.
    no, i just replaced the whole "video" and "game" sections

Code:
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 2
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 0
    assassination_movies = 1
    autodetect = 0
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    bloom = 0
    building_detail = low
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    depth_shadows = 1
    depth_shadows_resolution = 2
    effect_quality = low
    event_movies = 1
    gamma = 122
    grass_distance = 20
    ground_buffers_per_node = 4
    ground_cover_buffers_per_node = 4
    infiltration_movies = 1
    model_buffers_per_node = 4
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 0
    sabotage_movies = 1
    shader = 2
    show_banners = 1
    show_package_litter = 0
    skip_mip_levels = 1
    splashes = 1
    sprite_buffers_per_node = 4
    stencil_shadows = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = custom
    texture_filtering = 2
    unit_detail = normal
    vegetation = 1
    vegetation_quality = low
    vsync = 0
    water_buffers_per_node = 4
    widescreen = 0
    Code:
    [game]
    advanced_stats_always = 0
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ai_factions = skip
    allusers = 1
    auto_save = 0
    blind_advisor = 0
    campaign_map_game_speed = 99
    campaign_map_speed_up = 1
    campaign_num_time_play = 947
    chat_msg_duration = 10000
    disable_arrow_markers = 0
    disable_events = 0
    english = 0
    event_cutscenes = 0
    fatigue = 1
    first_time_play = 0
    gamespy_save_passwrd = 1
    label_characters = 0
    label_settlements = 1
    micromanage_all_settlements = 1
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 0
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    pref_factions_played = 243269623
    tutorial_battle_played = 0
    tutorial_path = norman_prologue/battle_of_hastings
    unit_size = huge
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    use_quickchat = 0

Most likely to have been the video options, the ones I have set are the absolute maximum possible. Am putting another small patch / update out today or tomorrow, going to dial them down, which might help some users who are experiencing campaign-map slowness. Still, my PC is 8 years old and is ok with them.

Have you tried the 4GB Patch?

But at least you got it working!
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 26, 2018 at 07:53 AM.

Most likely to have been the video options, the ones I have set are the absolute maximum possible. Am putting another small patch / update out today or tomorrow, going to dial them down, which might help some users who are experiencing campaign-map slowness. Still, my PC is 8 years old and is ok with them.

Have you tried the 4GB Patch?

But at least you got it working!
    sorry where is the link for the 4gb patch ?

Hi PB,

Here is a quick one, getting a CTD at the end of turn one, on the rebel turn, playing as Kiev. Reduced cavalry charge mod is active.

08:54:55.677 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <inc_counter> at line 848 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <bishop_count> = -2
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Type_City> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Loyalty_Level_Bonus> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Training_Idle> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Has_Governor> fired
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38452 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38456 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38460 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 38460 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

I've checked the Campaign_script, there is no line 38460, 37094 is the last line.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by merocaine View Post
    Hi PB,

Here is a quick one, getting a CTD at the end of turn one, on the rebel turn, playing as Kiev. Reduced cavalry charge mod is active.

08:54:55.677 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <inc_counter> at line 848 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <bishop_count> = -2
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Type_City> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Loyalty_Level_Bonus> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Training_Idle> fired
    08:54:55.677 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Has_Governor> fired
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38452 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38456 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38460 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:54:55.709 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 38460 in mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

I've checked the Campaign_script, there is no line 38460, 37094 is the last line.

Any ideas?
    Nevermind, I think it was a save incompatible sub mod that caused the problem. Fixed.

By the way, the Towers seem to be a little too effective, its a constant stream of high powered bow shots! How would I go about turning them down a little?

Also they dont seem to stop firing, even when there are no enemy manning them.