Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    forget about it KER contains that "Heir Orb " already
    Ok good. I am going to put a bunch of those submods into the default setup so the number of selectables will be a lot less.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

i have an awful bug with the moors, when playing with portugal in Era and fight them without autoresolve the battle crash after loading to the desktop... it make my current save unplayable and i will upload it here, also i manged to Get El Cid of Valenci to my Aid of Te True King of Spain

link to save file
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Hello people, I have a problem and I want you to help me solve it.
    Install the mod perfectly without any errors (including patches 1 and 2), then I open the .bat as the instructions said, so that later the SS setup is automatically executed, once I set it up and I give it to play, I skip this error :

https://prnt.sc/lkgx8e

I translate them for you since I do not speak English and you will not understand what the image says:

"The entry point of the procedure (...) is not found in the library of dynamic links (...)."

You will say that the file is not in my "system32", but this is not so the .dll is there

So I do not know what this error is, I need your help! I want to play with this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by slam435 View Post
    Hello people, I have a problem and I want you to help me solve it.
    Install the mod perfectly without any errors (including patches 1 and 2), then I open the .bat as the instructions said, so that later the SS setup is automatically executed, once I set it up and I give it to play, I skip this error :

https://prnt.sc/lkgx8e

I translate them for you since I do not speak English and you will not understand what the image says:

"The entry point of the procedure (...) is not found in the library of dynamic links (...)."

You will say that the file is not in my "system32", but this is not so the .dll is there

So I do not know what this error is, I need your help! I want to play with this mod!

After searching a lot I was able to find a solutionand share it here with you (this problem happened with Windows 10):

Solution:
    1. go to your games folder (usually Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines)
    2. Locate dxgi.dll. (If it's not there, go to (C/windows/system32 and copy+paste it from there.)
    3. Rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll in your game folder

I hope it serves those who experience the same problem as me

Goodbye and good game!

Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 21, 2018 at 08:11 AM.

Patch 2 is no longer available.

@slam435 The problem you encountered is related to SweetFX, you should disable it. I did it using the configurator that I found here: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net After removing SweetFX, the game started up alright. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make SweetFX work...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    Patch 2 is no longer available.
    It isn’t?? Its supposed to be available for 30 days on that site. Getting my PC back tomorrow can re-upload it.

EDIT: looks like its expired yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Centurion View Post
    @slam435 The problem you encountered is related to SweetFX, you should disable it. I did it using the configurator that I found here: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net After removing SweetFX, the game started up alright. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make SweetFX work...

You should try ReShade instead, it better than SweetFx but requires a bit of configuration.

Thanks for the tip! I remember using ReShade when I played EBII, it's a little tricky to set up but works really well. Anyway, I have to say that battle environment looks really great even without a reshader! [emoji1303]
    Talking about battles, I'm playing Portugal now but I'm having constant CTDs when I try to fight battles against the Moors...

Yes there is a problem with the Moors. It will be probably just one of their units having a mismatched animation; since there are so many new animations I’m not surprised there are one or two still left. Still haven’t got my damn PC back, been over two weeks now getting new motherboard, should be tomorrow then I’ll get that fixed

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Hi Point Blank! I get a crash on startup when trying this mod. It’s the same if I only install 3.0 without patches and it crashes with patches as well. All other mods like TATW works. What log shall i upload here?

Quote Originally Posted by Selerz View Post
    Hi Point Blank! I get a crash on startup when trying this mod. It’s the same if I only install 3.0 without patches and it crashes with patches as well. All other mods like TATW works. What log shall i upload here?

hmm this looks familiar, i had crash on startup too while all other mods were working fine

it's when you cant even get to the menu ? if yes try changing the settings in the cfg

The Steam version of vanilla was upgraded to definitive edition (includes kingodms). Is there any hope it will work properly?
    The definitive edition does not have Kingdoms.exe, which is weird. I managed to make it work partially by renaming medieval2.exe to Kingdoms.exe (which seems super hacky) and putting the taskbar to the bottom of the screen (otherise the game was a bit off the screen). But the game crashes while loading some battles.
    (Additional info: i am using only patch 1, because 2nd was unavailiable.)

Any advice would be welcome.

The file that actually runs the game is RRRC_Ultimate\Setup.exe, and that runs Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe. That mechanism is unchanged from SS6.4.
    A few other people have had trouble with this and I don’t understand why.
    Also yes try lowering your graphics options in the RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg file; remove the read_only attribute tag from it first.
    My damn PC has been away for two weeks now with hardware issues, it will be fixed tomorrow - apparently - then I can check into some of these things.
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 25, 2018 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post

hmm this looks familiar, i had crash on startup too while all other mods were working fine

it's when you cant even get to the menu ? if yes try changing the settings in the cfg
    Haha Alex Jones, legend.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    The file that actually runs the game is RRRC_Ultimate\Setup.exe, and that runs Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe. That mechanism is unchanged from SS6.4.
    Also yes try lowering your graphics options in the RRRC_Ultimate\medieval2.preference.cfg file; remove the read_only attribute tag from it first.
    My damn PC has been away for two weeks now with hardware issues, it will be fixed tomorrow - apparently - then I can check into some of these things.
    If i know that technician, i would charge him with 0$ fine for slowing down Patch 3
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Hi!
    What I meant was that definitive edition does not have a Kingdoms.exe. This is why i neede to "hack" it.

I tried lowering the graphical options to the lowest, no luck. The problem is probably with the battlefield, I am being sieged in Oslo, both siege battle and me trying to break out result in non-descript error and crash.

(Also: the taskbar can be anywhere, if you have fullscreen mode enabled in config file.)

It shouldn't need the kingdoms.exe file because the Setup.exe program in RRRC_Ultimate calls Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe. In fact to include it in a mod actually violates the Terms of Service lol.

OK so the game is actually starting. Can you run Custom Battles? With the siege, does the Battle Map actually load or does it crash while loading the battle? If so its probably a mismatched animation; in that case can you please send me a list of the units involved? I will be able to quickly track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    If i know that technician, i would charge him with 0$ fine for slowing down Patch 3
    Yes no kidding. Anyway I just got it back so fingers crossed I can get on with things.
    EDIT: Nope, its still randomly turning off. This is ridiculous.

Next Patch/Update (#3)
    -many units will have updated models and textures, the intention being to remove Vanilla units. This can be a time-consuming process though because I also need to check in the new models have appropriate textures that match their armor upgrades etc
    -mini-campaigns working, hopefully
    -updated auto-resolve values, this might be put off until the next update because I have to individually calculate it for all 600 units
    -any remaining small bugs removed; from what I can see there may be a couple of units with mismatched animations

After that I will be working concurrently of the Crusades mini-campaign and the Late Era grand campaign. The complete list will be
    Grand Campaigns: early 1100, high 1220, late 1370 or 1380
    Mini-Campaigns: reconquista, crusades 1174, Italian city states 1280, Hundred Years’ War 1337, Italian Wars 1494
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 27, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Patch #2 has been re-uploaded with a new link
    https://mega.nz/#!yep2kKiA!qgzCoMFCC...9cwNJO_-23THsM