Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but I'm having some troubleshooting issues. My game won't launch at all, no matter what I do---open it from Steam, or open it from the desktop shortcut. Opening medieval2.exe directly gives me a d3d11.dll error. I followed the installation options to the letter. All I've done is start up the RR/RC launcher and change some of the options.

Help?
    That is most likely to be the SweetFX shader package I included with Patch #2, a few other members have also had problems. Go to the Medieval II Total War folder in the Patch and you will see the ‘mods’ folder and a bunch of files + a SweetFX folder, they are all to do with SweetFX. Go to your Medieval II Total War folder and delete that SweetFX folder and files from your install. That should fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    Hey!
    Continuing my England campaign I've run into a crash that I can't get past.
    Game crashes during the 'Independent' turn - likely right as my turn would start. The year is 1479.
    Could be an event?

If you need any logs, let me know which ones and I'll post 'em.
    How annoying, especially after getting to 1479! I don’t have my PC back yet, it should be this week, but without it I can’t check on the event thing. From memory though, I don’t think that date has one and it would be very unusual for an event to cause a crash.

Yes please send through the system.log.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Right? I was excited to start unlocking the later pikemen/etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7pm6i9myl...m.log.txt?dl=0

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Looks like its a birth that causes it? maybe a duplicate name? I remember a AI bishop caused a crash when it tried to add an ancilary to the character for me way back when, the AI bishop had no name in that case. I had to send an assassin to kill him if I remember correctly. If you load it up and turn off FOW. Check the AI characters and see if there is an unnamed one.
    Or load up an older save and skip through turns to see if it still crashes in 1479.

Thanks Merocaine, I'll try a few variants.

I found this on a forum post, maybe it will help you track the error down.

Game crashes during the AI's turn
    Q: The game crashes during the AI's turn and the error log just says the mod has crashed.

A: There are several possible causes:

1) The trigger for a trait is incorrectly written. I once had this problem when the trigger's 'WhenToTest' was 'GeneralAssaultsGeneral', rather than 'PostBattle'. You can test this by deleting the triggers of all your traits in the 'data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt' and 'data/export_descr_character_traits.txt' files (create backups before doing this) and loading the mod to see if the crash stops.

2) A culture has a trait excluded but the corrisponding 'antitrait' is not excluded. This causes a problem when a general or agent switches from a trait to its antitrait (due to a loss or gain of skill points).

3) The mod will also crash if an agent without a name gets an Epithet. This can be fixed by changing the agent's name in the 'data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt' and restarting the mod so it uses the new name.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ow-to-fix-them

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by merocaine View Post
    If you load it up and turn off FOW. .
    this. what happens right b4 the crash (last ai action) so turn on follow ai movement too if you don't have it on. Is it the same exact thing each time? if so post it.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@Point Black
    how is progress is patch 3 anyway near ? very excited
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

could someone plz make a torrent for it, it simply dont work for me and i really like to play it
    Last edited by greedogre; December 30, 2018 at 08:04 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; January 11, 2019 at 09:28 PM.

Hello

Apologize for sounding noobish but what is the difference between these patches to RR/RC Ultimate Edition and the RR/RC version that comes installed in SS6.4. I have been playing M2TW for over a year now and have experimented with various other mods such as titanium and SSHIP but have come to SS6.4. This mod sounds interesting and I would like to try it out. to install it do I just add the patches to my mods folder of M2TW ss 6.4 folder? I hope this post is in the right place. This is actually my first post on total war center!

Andalusian infantry is using eastern infantry model in battle, interestingly first time i start a campaign it show the correct model than i encounter a "unspecific error" after that i restart a new campaign no error so far but Andalusian infantry is using wrong model now

Tiro

i tought Magyar mods units where to replace the old Hungarian units?
    Last edited by Krisz87; January 27, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

Hey!
    Anyone heard from PB? I'd love to dive back into this mod, but I still get hit pretty hard by CTD's (tried a fresh reinstall and I still can't fight battles against the Muslim powers - CTD on battle loading).

I am pretty confident that the early muslim bodyguards (Turks, Fatimids, Moors, Khwarazmians) cause ctds and might have some animation problem. As luck would or rather would not have it, first campaign I tried was high era Romans and I couldn't fight the starting Turkish force in any context without crashing. Put the units in custom battle until the bodyguard was definitely the cause, then checked the factions with a similar bodyguard and they caused crashes also.

If PB isn't around, does anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Artorath View Post
    I am pretty confident that the early muslim bodyguards (Turks, Fatimids, Moors, Khwarazmians) cause ctds and might have some animation problem. As luck would or rather would not have it, first campaign I tried was high era Romans and I couldn't fight the starting Turkish force in any context without crashing. Put the units in custom battle until the bodyguard was definitely the cause, then checked the factions with a similar bodyguard and they caused crashes also.

If PB isn't around, does anyone know how to fix this?
    Hey, I was just messing around with this looking for a solution. Picked up from what you said and traced the problem to a typo in the export_descr_units.txt. Under ME_Bodyguard, the officer was ME Bodyguard. I think it should be ME_Bodyguard with an underscore. Changing that resolved my CTD when entering battle with a Turk bodyguard unit. Didn't test anything in campaign yet, but I think that might be what a few people are having.

I'm uploading the file, if I can, not sure how much it changes based on whether you have different combat settings, so my setup might be different from yours. But putting this file into your /RRC_Ultimate/data folder should fix the CTD. Otherwise, just search for ME_Bodyguard in the export_descr_units.txt and make the change yourself.

export_descr_unit.txt

Nice work, the unit works just fine now.

I think it should be ME_Bodyguard with an underscore.
    From looking at the backup EDU in data\campaign\backup, I think it is actually supposed to be ME_Bodyguard_ug1 (although yours will also work).
    I would also recommend for people to make this change to the EDU files in data\campaign\early and data\campaign\high, so you don't lose the fix if you change launcher settings or switch campaigns.
    Last edited by Artorath; February 28, 2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: I am apparently too tired to compare ME_Bodyguard and ME_Bodyguard_ug1 without screwing up a description of the difference

Ahahaha! yes! You guys are lifesavers. I'll have to test against the other factions, but finally was able to start a battle against the turks! Awesome work!

I installed the mod, but I kept getting the "Cannot find Kingdoms.exe" error. I set the launcher .bat file to Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility, which had made SS 6.4 run for me in the past, but it didn't work for this mod. I then renamed the folder to "british_isles" and used the Britannia shortcut and it worked. However, I don't get the submod manager like this.

I managed to start an Early Era campaign and the game took forever to load everything. The scrolling speed on the campaign map was extremely low. I turned down the graphics options for vegetation and shadows in the menu, and I turned off the campaign map shadows. That didn't help.

I am glad we finally have the new version of the mod, but I was very disappointed to see that it uses the crappy SS map instead of RollingWave's map (used in HURB), which PB got permission to use back in...2013? Another blow was the old recruitment buildings. I had moved away from that stupid model in my BC submod, and so had RollingWave in HURB. At some point, I got the idea that PB was going to make the new compilation using HURB as a base, so I was very excited about the mod being finished. When he started talking about putting in Georgia, I got a shiver down my back. "Uh...RW put in Georgia already..." When I started the campaign, my fears were confirmed. PB was away for so long that he missed a bunch of developments. SS was great once upon a time...2009 to 2012-13? But many mods have been made since that put SS to shame. HURB is by far superior (I know it's a submod for SS), and cramming RC 2 into it would be awesome. HURB with RC 2 should be a standalone mod. SS is obsolete.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I am glad we finally have the new version of the mod, but I was very disappointed to see that it uses the crappy SS map instead of RollingWave's map (used in HURB), which PB got permission to use back in...2013? Another blow was the old recruitment buildings. I had moved away from that stupid model in my BC submod, and so had RollingWave in HURB. At some point, I got the idea that PB was going to make the new compilation using HURB as a base, so I was very excited about the mod being finished. When he started talking about putting in Georgia, I got a shiver down my back. "Uh...RW put in Georgia already..." When I started the campaign, my fears were confirmed. PB was away for so long that he missed a bunch of developments. SS was great once upon a time...2009 to 2012-13? But many mods have been made since that put SS to shame. HURB is by far superior (I know it's a submod for SS), and cramming RC 2 into it would be awesome. HURB with RC 2 should be a standalone mod. SS is obsolete.
    Well, I had a similar impression on the campaign aspect but I didn't want to voice it. But now I want to make a note: I've had a great time with HURB (5.4, as 5.5 is bugged), but there's a problem with stack spam: the AI churns out incredible numbers of armies. Furthermore, forts - both to dumb the AI and to provide free upkeep - are quite an exploit. Anyway, I perceive HURB together with the BtfB, Titanium and SSHIP to be the best European-centred medieval mods for the M2TW.
    Actually, I don't have much experience with the battles in the RR/RC 2.0 - I think it was the area where PointBlank's deepest expertise lay and maybe this is a superior aspect of the mod? I don't know.
    JoC
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!