Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Yes

I'm having problem extracting the mod: the animation "MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_intermediate_brace_step_back_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified.cas" has a name that's too long to be extracted in my folder path.
    Can I ignore or modify that file? What other things should I change if I were to modify the animation name?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought it was a different error from the one of the last version
    Last edited by ivanpera; September 21, 2018 at 12:45 PM.

It works fine, as before, but I have detected two errors at the moment: the Turks' Ghulam infantry and mounted are silver surfers, and I can't access the building browser of castles with any faction, only the cities.

Ivanpera, you can ignore it without problem, but it does not happen to me because I install MTW2 in the root folder C: /
    Last edited by Toranks; September 22, 2018 at 02:07 AM.

A small report about two byzantine (or Roman, if you will) units:
    1 {Latin_Handgunners}Touphakyphoroi: When tested in custom battle starts with what seems to be an excessively loose formation (with a distance aproximatedly 6 man distance from a soldier's shoulder to another), unlike the Late Musketeers, for example.
    2 Skoutatoi: I picked an army which included two skoutatoi units, one with a weapon upgrade, other with three armor uprgades (gold shield). The later unit, before the battle start, progressively tired, going from warmed up to very tired (yes it took more than a minute but not much more than that). Note that the skoutatoi unit with only a weapon upgrade was still fresh. Could the current armor level and/or just the amount of armor uprgrades influence heat fatigue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeatedSkoutatoi.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	355008

I think the heavy armors in the desert makes you tired doing nothing

I have a problem.When i launch the mod, the game is minimized and starts at the top left of the screen, but when i change the resolution it just stays minimized and I am unable to go full screen. Any idea how to fix this?

I meant to say it starts windowed, not minimized. I can see the game in a little window on my left/top of the screen but I cannot move the window, and changes resolution does nothing.

never mind. I found a fix by editing medieval2.preference and replacing all the settings with my default ones I had backed up.

NOTE : Edited to update info.

OK have downloaded and installed.
    First time I tried nothing happened after I chose early campaign.
    So i checked I my installations of M2TW and Kingdoms were Ok - yup
    Then tried Titanium - yup
    Checked the Titanium vs the Ulr_RR config file.
    Changed the U_R config to say steam=false.
    Tried launching game, high era - and bingo it works fine.
    Turns out the crucial thing to do is to run M2TW first before launching mod.
    No I don't know why.

Various points -
    can we have the turn counter on please ?
    Having fought a castle assault, can we turn off towers firing after I have captured them - and can we have the little flags back that show who controls the towers ?
    Playing as english I noticed -
    farming levels are too low
    otherwise buildings look OK
    You can remove miles and norman sgts from the starting armies as they can't be recruited and are replaced by feudal knights and armoured sgts in the roster.
    Equally the english roster has too many types of archers - you can combine peasant archers and archer militia as they were effectively the same people with same skills and equipment.
    The prussian archers can be dumped.
    Yeoman archers shouldn't appear until 1400, ordinary longbowmen about 1300. Again these need removing from the starting armies, replace with archer militia etc.
    On the other hand crossbowman would be a useful addition.

Battle AI -
    fought an open field battle in Ireland.
    Strangely there were no irish units in the rebel army. (Irish units are available, so suggest change composition of irish rebels.

My army - 1GB, 2 Longbowmen, 1 Norman Sgts was outnumbered by the AI army.
    I slaughtered them.
    The AI was supposed to be attacking but didn't, it just made no move once I had dispatched one of the AI yeoman archers units.
    As there was no time limit, I eventually charged down the hill and put them to the sword, my archers making mincemeat of their spearmen.

Anyway a good start, no CTDs.

the odd bug -slave merchants nave the EMT_SLAVE_MERCHANT text.
    english mounted sgts have roman peasant unit card.

But certainly playable.

Q: Given the large number of options available from the launcher menu, how much does it matter if we forget which options we've chosen for our campaign ?
    Do they have to identical for every session with a particular campaign ?
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; September 22, 2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Updated information.

To get the most realistic feel for the game, is is best to play on VH/VH? or lower difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by VCB89 View Post
    A small report about two byzantine (or Roman, if you will) units:
    1 {Latin_Handgunners}Touphakyphoroi: When tested in custom battle starts with what seems to be an excessively loose formation (with a distance aproximatedly 6 man distance from a soldier's shoulder to another), unlike the Late Musketeers, for example.
    2 Skoutatoi: I picked an army which included two skoutatoi units, one with a weapon upgrade, other with three armor uprgades (gold shield). The later unit, before the battle start, progressively tired, going from warmed up to very tired (yes it took more than a minute but not much more than that). Note that the skoutatoi unit with only a weapon upgrade was still fresh. Could the current armor level and/or just the amount of armor uprgrades influence heat fatigue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeatedSkoutatoi.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	355008
    1. Odd, the Latin Gunners have the following formation: formation 1.0, 1.2, 1.0, 1.2, 4, square, whereas musketeers have formation 1.2, 1.4, 1.2, 1.4, 4, square, ie looser than the Musketeers
    2. There is only a single heat value and its averaged over all armor upgrades, fractions rounded down. Armor upgrade level has no effect. You can race two units of Skoutatoi with upgrade levels 0 and 3 and they will tire at the same points

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    NOTE : Edited to update info.

OK have downloaded and installed.
    First time I tried nothing happened after I chose early campaign.
    So i checked I my installations of M2TW and Kingdoms were Ok - yup
    Then tried Titanium - yup
    Checked the Titanium vs the Ulr_RR config file.
    Changed the U_R config to say steam=false.
    Tried launching game, high era - and bingo it works fine.
    Turns out the crucial thing to do is to run M2TW first before launching mod.
    No I don't know why.

Various points -
    Having fought a castle assault, can we turn off towers firing after I have captured them - and can we have the little flags back that show who controls the towers ?
    You can remove miles and norman sgts from the starting armies as they can't be recruited and are replaced by feudal knights and armoured sgts in the roster.
    Equally the english roster has too many types of archers - you can combine peasant archers and archer militia as they were effectively the same people with same skills and equipment.
    Yeoman archers shouldn't appear until 1400, ordinary longbowmen about 1300. Again these need removing from the starting armies, replace with archer militia etc.

Battle AI -
    Strangely there were no irish units in the rebel army. (Irish units are available, so suggest change composition of irish rebels.

I slaughtered them.
    The AI was supposed to be attacking but didn't, it just made no move once I had dispatched one of the AI yeoman archers units.
    As there was no time limit, I eventually charged down the hill and put them to the sword, my archers making mincemeat of their spearmen.

But certainly playable.

Q: Given the large number of options available from the launcher menu, how much does it matter if we forget which options we've chosen for our campaign ?
    Do they have to identical for every session with a particular campaign ?
    Encountered most of those problems too, also CTD if you dont delete or replace the video files in medieval2preferences.

Playing a little more i noticed an unplayable slowdown in the campaign map and end turn times, can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Various points -
    Does it not show turns as years?
    I can't remember how to do those but will have a look, I haven't changed anything there since 6.4
    As defined in the descr_strat?
    You can remove miles and norman sgts from the roster as they can't be recruited and are replaced by feudal knights and armoured sgts.
    Thats a function of the EDB wherein if there are still some available to be recruited, then them becoming unavailable by an event and being replaced does not delete them from the pool. You won't be able to recruit new ones, eg if you still have a unit of Miles available, they won't be deleted suddenly in 1220 and then you have to wait 10 turns to get some new feudal heavy cavalry
    Well yes, the peasant archers are peasants with hunting bows etc available in 'castle' regions, the archer militia from town/cities; only England has those
    Dumping Archers leaves England with nothing heavier than small simple bows of the peasant archers and archer militia until Longbowmen come along, here is the code for the Practice Range:
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.34 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter ENGLISH_ARCHERS 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter ENGLISH_ARCHERS 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland or hidden_resource france
    recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter ENGLISH_ARCHERS 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1
    recruit_pool "Prussian Archers" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { england, } and not event_counter ENGLISH_ARCHERS 1 and hidden_resource england or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource france or hidden_resource spain or hidden_resource aragon or hidden_resource portugal or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource jerusalem or hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource kievan_rus
    recruit_pool "Prussian Archers" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { england, } and not event_counter ENGLISH_ARCHERS 1 and not hidden_resource england and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource france and not hidden_resource spain and not hidden_resource aragon and not hidden_resource portugal and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource jerusalem and not hidden_resource russia and not hidden_resource kievan_rus
    Yeoman archers shouldn't appear until 1400, ordinary longbowmen about 1300.
    Longbowmen appear between 1270-1290, Yeoman Archers 1380-1390
    Yes agreed on the agenda
    Battle AI -
    Strangely there were no irish units in the rebel army.
    There are a few Irish merc/rebel types but not many from memory
    It slaughtered them.
    Can't really generalize here, it depends on the individual battle circumstances and also the AI randomly loads 1 of 5 AI sets prior to each battle which change how it behaves, that sort of thing being an example
    What sort of spearmen? Longbowmen are Superior Missile so melee at Militia - they have a mallet and a shield. Spear Militia are Peasant Militia, for example
    Yay
    I'll be dealing with those sorts of minor graphical issues in a bit
    But certainly playable.
    Will be keen to hear any thoughts you have on the economy, that is not my thing at all.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 22, 2018 at 09:48 AM.

Hi, in my recent High Era Crusader States campaign I am only in turn 8, but my family members started losing loyalty very rapidly. My heir went from 6 to 0 loyalty in a few turns, after conquering 2 cities. King of Cyprus went from 6 loyalty to 1 in one single turn, after conquering Edessa. Both of them are in rank Count. An adopted general went from 1 star, 5 loyalty, 1 dread to 0/0/0/0 in another turn. Can someone advise what is causing this? Do I have too many cities or too many generals? Or I should not allow multiple titles to one lord? I have KER, Twinbird, Son of X and Rebel generals active, but Grym reality is not.

I understand this is probably not a bug, but I did not play SS since ~5 years and a bit overwhelmed with all the submods options. Regardless of this small loyalty crisis the game is great. It is fantastic to see Med 2 still has active modders!

Yes its still by far the most active TW game from a modding perspective
    About the loyalty thing etc, also not really my area; it is possible it is some kind of malicious submod interaction but not very likely, maybe someone else could reply?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Encountered most of those problems too, also CTD if you dont delete or replace the video files in medieval2preferences.

Playing a little more i noticed an unplayable slowdown in the campaign map and end turn times, can someone help me?
    Which 'video files' do you mean?
    The slowdown thing has happened to a few people. I'm not sure yet what is causing it, and because I can't reproduce it its hard to track down the cause. BGR makes end-turns pretty slow - I don't think another sub-mod is responsible either. There are some new campaign map textures but seems unlikely as a cause too. What happens if you save the campaign, quit the game and restart it, is it still just as slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Eureka, I managed to solve the slowness of the campaign! They were the graphic options and other options of medieval.preferences that you incorporate in your mod. I have it refined to my liking for a long time and all the mods are perfect for me. I have erased almost all the options and now it is very fluid
    Something like that PB. But the slowness is still present.

Also, I'm just using BYG II like i did with SS Vanilla and the turn times are extremely slow.

What sub-mods are you using? Try a test campaign with none selected. There have been few changes in the basic campaign.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 22, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyy View Post
    To get the most realistic feel for the game, is is best to play on VH/VH? or lower difficulty?

I was going to ask the same thing myself, what do you other players recommend? I remember in SS6.4 vh/vh with bygs IV and Real recruitment was insane tough and I found myself restarting alot of failed campaigns! :p

I tried a VH/VH campaign just recently as Portugal, in early and I managed to last 7 years before I got absolutley manhandled by a Spanish and Moorish combination assault on Lisbon and Porto

and this time I could'nt even exploit the BAI by using my usual tricks to try and bait the enemy to send his horses through my spears all set up on the main road just behind the gates... this time the AI held most of the heavy cavalry back in reserves and also tried to lure out my flanking cavalry with its own spear unit whilst whittling down my main core with its skirmish and lighter troops! usuallly (standard BAI) the AI wouldve just charged, spears, skirmishers, general and all right at your town center with no care for his own safety?!

now I gotta fear more, as mistakes are less forgiving and the ai is much better! (make sure you select the G5 reallyBad AI hardcore mod in startup)
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 22, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

Continuing on with my 2TPY english high era campaign.

Overall economy so far is fine, don't have too much money, but sometimes spend everything, but it recovers quick enough if I don't recruit anything.

Fighting vs The Scots and rebels only so far.

William Wallace has been and gone.
    Currently besieging Inverness and ignoring my ex-communication.
    Tried a night attack with a full stack (incl 2 trebuchets) against a half stack -got slaughtered.
    Inverness is a fortress, my trebs failed to breech the outer wall, and the defenders plus the towers killed nearly all my assault troops and most of my archers giving covering fire.
    I was saved from defeat though by a CTD.

Sadly the log gave no clue as to the problem.
    Just an unspecified error.

Will continue tomorrow.

For the mid-battle CTDs the best solution is the 4GB patch