Thread: Total War : 1942

Default Total War : 1942

Hello all,

We (Dagovax and Saloth Sar) are busy with this mod for a while.
    What is this mod? It is a total conversion mod based on the world in 1942 (WWII).

A lot of things are already finished, and also playable in the demo.
    We do not have a release date for the full release (with workable campaigns), but people are very exciting with our mod, and so are we

Watch the mod here on moddb:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/total-war-1942

Watch my youtube playlist featuring the things you can expect in this modification!

The demo is also available. Download it here

Default Re: Total War : 1942

It's great to see people being creative and pushing the rtw engine to its limits.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I was thinking of asking what is the method of porting units in RTW as compared to Med2?

I know all about that in Med2 but not in RTW - certain files are missing or placed in different folders such as the BMDB-file which is always used when adding units to Med2.

Other files are the same such as the EDB, EDU and descr_strat.

Certain folders are the same. I am just asking because i may want to move the three new units to the older demo as i prefered cities without walls.

Cheers, and great work.

Edit:

It may be easier to just return the settlements to how they were before too. Is it simple descr_strat-edits?

What i want to avoid is ancient/medieval rams/ladders/siege towers being used by modern armies. And as such no walls are the best option for me - besides that- no walls means armies can attack cities immediately and that would be accurate for the Blitzkrieg fast lightning war.

Not only that, but i've made armies movements per turn increased in my personal version as well - they could move far distances in a day in 1942. Slow movement and walls don't fit and would slow down the Blitz.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 18, 2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Why have the Waffen-SS in black? they usually wore field gray (occasionally with camouflage smocks on them).

Otherwise: color me intrigued

If you want my recommendation: don't use my bayonet animations--they're not appropriate to the period in question. N2TW's would definitely work though.

I don't know if it's still usable, but there should be a bolt-action animation included in my animations: if it's usable, give it to the British (and everyone else using bolt actions).
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; September 19, 2018 at 11:42 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    Why have the Waffen-SS in black? they usually wore field gray (occasionally with camouflage smocks on them).

If you want my recommendation: don't use my bayonet animations--they're not appropriate to the period in question. N2TW's would definitely work though.

I don't know if it's still usable, but there should be a bolt-action animation included in my animations: if it's usable, give it to the British (and everyone else using bolt actions).
    Waffen-SS is known for their black uuniforms.

Of course they should be black.

Just my thought as i am not one of the developers either.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Waffen-SS is known for their black uuniforms.

Of course they should be black.

Just my thought as i am not one of the developers either.
    That’s simply wrong. The SS might be, but We’re talking about the Waffen-SS.

To explain: the SS was divided into several branches, the military one being the Waffen-SS. The black uniform was a uniform worn largely before the war in non-combat roles. in their particular case.

For the combat uniform itself, the soldiers were issued field gray uniforms, similar to those issues to the regular army, but with some differences (IIRC):

1-the collars had SS-insignia collar parches, instead of the Litzen.

2-the national emblem was on one of the sleeves, instead of the right breast (that’s the outstretched eagle clutching a Swastika)

3-different, SS-related helmet and cap decals (early war).

In addition, the Waffen-SS were issued camouflage smocks early on, worn over the uniform. These became more common over the course of the war, and their usage even spread to the army—though IIRC the two wound up producing separate types of camouflage patterns.

If you don’t believe me, google “Waffen SS combat photographs”. They won’t be wearing black. This is just one of several:

https://goo.gl/images/qnJ3QB

And the search I suggested:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=37...30._tBgqJ0FlT4

There are also several good books on the Waffen-SS, which you can find on Amazon, Ebay, and Scribd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

I made the Waffen SS black, because that is the most knowed color used by them. Ofc they had cammo etc, but hey I can't make different textures for one unit. That's why i decided to make them black

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post

Yes I know. They were the first units that came in when I first saw the mod. So we decided to give them to every faction as 'starter' unit. See it as a peasant in vanilla RTW. I can't remember anyone who even recruited peasants when they have better units to buy

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Congratz for your mod guys,
    It was a lot of fun to play. Still a long way to go though
    If you want tips about tanks, ring me... It looked like WOT has collided with RTW

I'm flabbergasted by the world map. It is yours entirely or borrowed from another mod ?
    Too bad these stuff are ceiling-scripted, the map should have been much larger, modelled for example on MM with 400 regions
    Hardcoding...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Congratz for your mod guys,
    It was a lot of fun to play. Still a long way to go though
    If you want tips about tanks, ring me... It looked like WOT has collided with RTW

I'm flabbergasted by the world map. It is yours entirely or borrowed from another mod ?
    Too bad these stuff are ceiling-scripted, the map should have been much larger, modelled for example on MM with 400 regions
    Hardcoding...
    The map is made from scratch, by the other developer. The smaller map (pacific) seems to be from other mod. But all upcoming provincial campaigns will be created new.