Thread: question about packfile manager

Default question about packfile manager

I recently wanted to make a small mod as a test. It requires me change a few voice files. I then noticed that they are in a pack called local_en_pack.
    Now when i open this it opens every single voice file in the game. Which is far to much to go true, My question is. is there a way to open individual banks with pack file manager instead, of everything at once. Thanks in advance

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: question about packfile manager

Not exactly, but you can create an empty pack, and then import side the few files you need from another pack.

Anyway, NEVER modify the original game files.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Not exactly, but you can create an empty pack, and then import side the few files you need from another pack.

Anyway, NEVER modify the original game files.

Thanks for responding.

But, let me get this straight. There is no way to open the pack file without it opening the banks at the same time.
    And if it cant be done with PFM, is there other known software that can do this?

Patrician Artifex

Open local_en.pack, then extract the files you need to change. Isn't that what you want to do?

I don't understand what you mean by "it opens the banks at the same time"

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Are you sure you know how to edit Creative Assembly's voice files? For Total War: Attila, they were all locked and no-one could access them until some modders made a tool a few months ago.
    And no, like Steph said, since all the sound files are in the same subfolder, opening that subfolder will show you every single sound file within it.
    For stuff like the data.pack, you can just choose which subfolder you want to open but big ones like db will have hundreds of smaller sub-subfolders.

Patrician Artifex

And it doesn't really "open" them. It lists what is inside the pack. To open them, need to click on a db table, or use "open as text" for a variant, or extract to edit with external program, and then replace.