Thread: RTW, BI , ALX and MTW2 exes

Default RTW, BI , ALX and MTW2 exes

Hi all I am a long time fan of RS3.

In the game menu there is an option to choose which exe you play with. What is there difference? I always played on Alex since it is the latest. Does it make a difference with the AI?

Also I play some mods on MTW2. I like the graphics but sometimes things like unit movement and the general feel is not like RTW.

Who likes the the engine of MTW2?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Default Re: RTW, BI , ALX and MTW2 exes

If you play 'Pikes' then ALEX' is probably best...

If you want 'Shieldwall' then it's BI (all the testing I did was on BI)...

RTW Vanilla probably not recommended - otherwise it's sometmes best to be subjective and see. Whilst the 'newest', ALEX' was indeed tweaked for its campaign, which is narrower and more specific in scope than the original Grand Campaign.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: RTW, BI , ALX and MTW2 exes

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    Hi all I am a long time fan of RS3.

In the game menu there is an option to choose which exe you play with. What is there difference? I always played on Alex since it is the latest. Does it make a difference with the AI?

Also I play some mods on MTW2. I like the graphics but sometimes things like unit movement and the general feel is not like RTW.

Who likes the the engine of MTW2?
    Its all about personal taste. RTW engine provides some STILL UNIQUE features that NO OTHER TW game offers even today, like sapping, multi army wall assault etc. M2TW though is more versitile and adoptable when it comes to new animations, high resolution textures and high polygon models. A feature that does not exist in RTW and its mod is the divercity within a single unit. What i mean. A unit of those I create can have 5 diferent helmets, up to 12 diferent shields , 4-6 diferent swords and sword scabbards, 4-5 diferent bodies , 4-5 diferent legs, heads and the list continues. Can you calculate the amount of combilations? In RTW the soldiers look cloned.
    A M2TW mod example:

What any RTW mod can not have..In this example:
    Soldiers use:
    5 bodies
    4 legs
    5 heads
    6 shields
    4 swords
    4 sword scabbards
    4 maces
    2 lances
    5 helmets
    4 helmet aventails
    2 diefent belts.
    The horses use:
    6 bodies (diferent colors)
    4 body armors.
    I still play RSII and other RTW Mods for their unique game engine and because modders transformed the game to a complete new one. Bothe RTW and M2TW/Kingdoms mods are enjoyable to play. Infact even CA/SEGA never reached the standards in their last 2 historical games (Rome II and Attila) of these two games mods ones! So my advice is simple. Do not have a delima. Play both RTW and M2TW mods that offer plenty of enjoyable gameplay.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.