Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Release within 2-3 days

Default Release within 2-3 days

Only two things remain to be completed:
    1. I'm still having a problem getting the 4 mini-campaigns working, though it will be the same issue for all 4. I've asked Gigantus for assistance, he is a guru and if anyone can help, he can
    2. The 2TPY files for use in an optional sub-mod. Not difficult, will just take a little more time is all

However, I want to get this out (finally) so am putting the release together. The above two things can be included in the first update/patch, to follow shortly.

So expect it sometime within the next 2-3 days
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 09, 2018 at 03:18 PM.

Default Re: Release within 2-3 days

Really really excited! Fantastic work!

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Super excited !

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

So am I, haven’t actually *played* it except for custom battles since about 2010

Will do a limited release initially that is publicized only within SS so you guys can provide some feedback, then will push it out to the wider M2TW community.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 10, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Just doing some minor cost updates in BGRIV, then will bundle up the release and upload it. It is a stand-alone mod, you do not need SS6.4 installed in order to play it. Consequently, because of that and all the new content, it is VERY large - over 25GB uncompressed. Uploading it may very well break the internet here in Thailand.

Because some parts of it are pretty new there may be a few bugs floating around, but not many I think.

I’ll be very interested to see how people find the new RC in multiplayer. I never got into that before, partly because if I lost, which I probably would, people would be like “Yeah I beat PB and he really sucked!” haha. Would like to do some but think I’ll adopt a screen name like Noob McUseless lol. I guess I do have the advantage that over the years I have memorized the attributes of virtually every unit and weapon type though
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 10, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I’ll be very interested to see how people find the new RC in multiplayer. I never got into that before, partly because if I lost, which I probably would, people would be like “Yeah I beat PB and he really sucked!” haha. Would like to do some but think I’ll adopt a screen name like Noob McUseless lol. I guess I do have the advantage that over the years I have memorized the attributes of virtually every unit and weapon type though
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

All being well, expect a release later today

Well i guess i know how day will be spent. Refreshing rr/rc page.

Ok it is 2am here, I'm off to bed. All I have to do in the morning is get a bug out of the .bat file that lets you choose the AI opponent's formation style (or it randomizes it), and update the Naffatun aiming animation to be minimal length.
    Will upload as soon as they are done (y)

No worries. We can wait couple of days, its no big deal.

Will be released tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Will be released tonight

Wuhuu!!!

Just compressing it now prior to uploading, its 29.9GB uncompressed, 54,742 files

Uploading 18.9GB...
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 12, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Libertus

Very much waiting for the mod!
    Point Blank , I'm your fan since 2009. Thank you for your works and for the most historical modification.

Looks like its done about 6% so far, fast upload speeds not a strong point here in the country town in Thailand where I live lol.

Going to catch a bit of sleep, its almost 7am here. Have got the release thread prepped, its pretty long. Since it looks like we might just be hitting 7% I figure I won't need to be getting up in too much of a hurry.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

maybe i just have an advise to use a very new way of Comprising or Packing The Mod , wtf its 20+GB it will take alot to fix Bugs in that or Upload-Reupload it , thusi suggest to Compress it To Small Packets or as a Whole To Max 12 GB if it possible ... idk maybe someone had a Freeware program or a Program to do that job.

It compressed to 18.9GB, am uploading it to Mega.nz they accept files that size no problem. After that I can just upload targeted files that fix any problem.

Unfortunately we have had 2 damn power cuts here today which is unusual lol. Each time lost the upload which is not cool since it does it at only about 5%/hour.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

thats very bad to hear .. maybe just do a Very old trik to Compress The Whole Files to Zip,then Rar by 1GB each that will comprise the files twice then divide them maybe that will help the uploading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast