Thread: Treason of the Curia

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Treason of the Curia

I know there is few left in these hallowed halls. Since 6 months the site owners have become determined to establish a totalitarian hierarchy on this site. Besim's job you all know, to embarass and limit the Curia. For months the recently sacked hexagon members have tried in vain to find a compromise to the stiff and inflexible doctrine that was handed down to us. Now you have it. One of the most inflexible and shameful moderators appointed to administrator status, and the remainder removed. Don't blame Meiyogen he is just clueless, he was clueless enough to offer me Senatorii rank.

We had plans to reinvigorate the Curia, issue pardons to all those that had been suspended or reproached by Besim, give merited status to persons like Bel and the Black Prince and a return to the good practices of the past.

If the status quo on TWC does not change, you will not see much of me on TWC. I know some of you are angered at my silence of late, well take it as a frustration of knowing too much and suspecting the mindless behaviour of the site overlords to come.

Give H&G a chance, he might convince you to vote Bush......
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: Treason of the Curia

My patrician rank was given against my will. I demand it revoked.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

at least you were offerred it,
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Asterix, we'll see eachother real soon.

*Sweeps a bit*
    Well, if no-one else is posting here then atleast I get the place to myself... hey, with the Staff gone can I be made honourary Curator? (yes, honoUrary, not honorary) Please? That way I can get an even shinier badge!
    *Sweeps a bit more*

Rolanbek's Avatar Malevolent Revenent
    Citizen

funny guy...

if you are still here when i go, remember to turn out the lights.

R
    November 06, 2006 02:10 PM If I knew you were going to populate the Curia with cheapshots, you never would have gotten promoted. - Anon

Love mail from when Rep came with daggers to stab you...
    Join the Curia, loudmouths spewing bile for your entertainment.
    Contents:Sirloin of deceased Equine, your choice of hot or cold revenge, All served on a bed of barrel shavings. may contain nuts

so long as there is a curia, you will find me walking its halls, whether i walk alone, in darkness and shadow, or to brightened halls, merry with people and the sound of voices raised in honest debate, here i will be.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Give H&G a chance, he might convince you to vote Bush......
    I already did. Sorry.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Isn't what's going on here at TWC just a load of ********?
    Who'd think there'd be a Coup D'Etat on a goddamn online forum... :/
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

But why turn out the lights? tBP and I seem determined to stay here regardless, surely we'll need a little light in our wanderings, not matter how empty and aimless they may be?
    *hands tBP a spare broom*

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

I can't say I've been active in the Curia since Crandar. It just got too bureaucratic for my taste. Still, it's what makes the TWC what it is. It is a monument to the great community we have going on here.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

I honestly don't think this community is that great anymore considering what's gone on here. Maybe I just have better things to do than hang out on a site I no longer totally understand, or run a rat race in a place the admins simply don't care about. I check in on the mods every now and then, but in all honesty, that's about it.

I've seen a couple of you on Facebook, very good, and for all of you others just PM me or email me (the latter is probably a better idea) and I'll show you where I am. I know some of you are around...

With regard to those who are just screwing with the site for their own benefit (both owners/non owners), I'm sorry that you had to stir this up, I really am. I'm sorry that you couldn't act like civil human beings, and I'm sorry you had to disregard the main draw of the best posters here. I am disappointed, as I'm sure many others are. This site, at least in my view (starting in March of 2006) has always been unique in that it drew people from all backgrounds, all interests, and all persuasions together, and it wasn't just about a single computer game (if it was, it would have gotten old rather quickly for many). I, unlike some, don't really want a rank removal. I earned this rank, and it was given to me by the Staff, as well as the Curia, during a time in which both sides legitimately cared about what was going on. In that sense, it means more to me than any of these crazy "reformed" ranks that only serve to devalue the process. You helped destroy this community, probably without a care in the world. Some of you might own this site (I'm sure somebody does...), some of you might just be members, but everyone falling under this category has behaved pathetically and reprehensibly. Again, I am most disappointed. However, I have more to worry about in my real life than this, which brings me to my next point.

I had fun here, especially last spring, and it was a joy to debate, discuss, and talk with everyone I was able to interact with. I hope that I'll see some of you around Myspace, Facebook, etc, and I would love it if anyone got in contact with me. I made myself so accessible because it is the people that matter, not a dollar sign or a power trip. I ask those of you who believed in this community to stay in contact with each other. The world is small on the Internet, and you would be surprised at the insights you can gain. Thank you.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid