Thread: I'm getting retired!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Icon4 I'm getting retired!

Alright @everyone, It's my turn to announce my quit from Total War modding.
    Initially I wanted to close Rise of Mordor project because I didn't believe anyone would ever finish even a half of what we've planned. That's because 99% of 3d stuff was created by me and
    @Enpremi, the Hypeforger with 1% help from all the others.
    Unfortunately, I got discouraged by people who was previously involved in mod development (most of them were a one day persons - that's how I call guys who offer help and then disappear forever after getting accepted to the team).With me and enpremi having no free time at all, and Caligula's leave, we had no real progress on the mod for many months since the latest update.
    We can blame everything: people who didn't have motivation or lack of time or our choice of quality standards but fact remains still, we haven't done much progress and I have to apologise for not making your dreams come true.
    With this being said, I enjoyed the RoM, I loved to learn modding from scratch (when i first joined RoM back in 2013 and then became a leader in 2015 I was a noob with zero knowledge, just like any other of you and I learned how to create so much stuff that none of modders even imagined possible). And camp.map too! And I'll keep working on it, because I love to punch people in face who say Attila is limited. We've already made it possible to: create custom units, buildings, animations for units, anims for buildings, UI, VFX, audio, battle maps, nice database rom-specific features and some say video is possible too.
    So the only lacking part here is campaign map which is possible to edit (and already was edited by us). It's complex, time consuming but not impossible.

Anyway, now the RoM is under
    @Maestro and @bloodmagpie1210 's leadership.
    Hope they can make it work.
    Kind regards,
    Your Mr.Jox

P.S. TWC seems to be dead but I will still post it here for everyone who might still be here.
    But I'm just saying, don't expect to see any announcements or news about the mod on TWC because it only exists thanks to missing workshop for Medieval 2.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: I'm getting retired!

Sorry to hear that you had to give up on your project!

But first you say you quit TW modding and then you say you'll keep modding the campaign map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    It's my turn to announce my quit from Total War modding (...)
    And I'll keep working on it (...)

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Thank you for all your work Mr.Jox, what has been done so far in the mod by you and the other proper team members is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Sorry to hear that you had to give up on your project!

But first you say you quit TW modding and then you say you'll keep modding the campaign map.
    Yeah I don't want to be involved in any TW projects, that's what I mean. Only that campaign map project of mine and two more guys which isnt a mod or anything like that. Just a "research centre".

It's so sad...I almost hear Gondor music from Faramir cavalry attack on Osgiliath...

Image too large, removed.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 21, 2019 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Posted gif is too large.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

I cry.

hello Mr.Jox

I am very sorry to read this post of yours. I understand perfectly the reason why you retire, it must have been difficult for you to make this decision. I just hope you keep modeling in the future, since you've done a lot of great things and it would be a shame.

A big hug and encouragement with your next life projects.

Thanks for your time

Too bad that you go but I hope that you may eventually come back under another project or at least make some models.

If not we have at least your Campaign Edit idea still there.

But a question:

So where can find the news to the mod?

If not in TWC?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Alright @everyone, It's my turn to announce my quit from Total War modding.
    Initially I wanted to close Rise of Mordor project because I didn't believe anyone would ever finish even a half of what we've planned. That's because 99% of 3d stuff was created by me and
    @Enpremi, the Hypeforger with 1% help from all the others.
    Unfortunately, I got discouraged by people who was previously involved in mod development (most of them were a one day persons - that's how I call guys who offer help and then disappear forever after getting accepted to the team).With me and enpremi having no free time at all, and Caligula's leave, we had no real progress on the mod for many months since the latest update.
    We can blame everything: people who didn't have motivation or lack of time or our choice of quality standards but fact remains still, we haven't done much progress and I have to apologise for not making your dreams come true.
    With this being said, I enjoyed the RoM, I loved to learn modding from scratch (when i first joined RoM back in 2013 and then became a leader in 2015 I was a noob with zero knowledge, just like any other of you and I learned how to create so much stuff that none of modders even imagined possible). And camp.map too! And I'll keep working on it, because I love to punch people in face who say Attila is limited. We've already made it possible to: create custom units, buildings, animations for units, anims for buildings, UI, VFX, audio, battle maps, nice database rom-specific features and some say video is possible too.
    So the only lacking part here is campaign map which is possible to edit (and already was edited by us). It's complex, time consuming but not impossible.

Anyway, now the RoM is under
    @Maestro and @bloodmagpie1210 's leadership.
    Hope they can make it work.
    Kind regards,
    Your Mr.Jox

P.S. TWC seems to be dead but I will still post it here for everyone who might still be here.
    But I'm just saying, don't expect to see any announcements or news about the mod on TWC because it only exists thanks to missing workshop for Medieval 2.
    Do you know how many "one day developers" pass by from "The Great Conflicts 872-1071" mod in its 9 years of development? More than 20!
    Fortunatly there was a hardcore of a douzen dedicated modders that made the hard start and beyond that. I felt like you when all those dedicated members had to stop modding for personal reaosns. I had the 1st signs of depresion even back then. And when everything looked doomed a fresh small dedicated number of modders apeared determined to finish the hard work the previus team had made long ago.
    I would sugest to take a small brake...and return. New commers will apear with the will to help you finish it.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Do you know how many "one day developers" pass by from "The Great Conflicts 872-1071" mod in its 9 years of development? More than 20!
    Fortunatly there was a hardcore of a douzen dedicated modders that made the hard start and beyond that. I felt like you when all those dedicated members had to stop modding for personal reaosns. I had the 1st signs of depresion even back then. And when everything looked doomed a fresh small dedicated number of modders apeared determined to finish the hard work the previus team had made long ago.
    I would sugest to take a small brake...and return. New commers will apear with the will to help you finish it.
    Hey, thanks, the only project I'm still interested in is campaign map modding tools (im still working on it and it will still take lots of time).

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Hey, thanks, the only project I'm still interested in is campaign map modding tools (im still working on it and it will still take lots of time).
    That would be a revolution to this game modding future and I am also interesting in this. Let me know your findings. Who knows maybe "The Great Conflicts mod" will find their place in this game too one day.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

please do not stop your progress ! you are god of modeling man ! I love all the things you made in this mod ...

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Sad to hear. What's this about campaign map modding in Attila? I was wondering why you didn't just use shogun 2 since that campaign map can be fully modded.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Very sorry to hear that quitting.Thank to every modder's great paintaking work, CA's games shape almost new breath into life. dude, hope you keep going and enjoying achievement in other field.

Your mod are masterpiece Mr.Jox,thanks for your hard working to create this amazing mod,I'm still waiting for campaign map!