Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are some interesting changes you see in other mods?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: What are some interesting changes you see in other mods?

Is it different from the "spoils" script introduced to many mods? (in the SS-BGR the player would get this money only if the general was allowed to lead the army (he was War Councillor), otherwise the general would have taken this money as his own wealth (what was sometimes welcome bad, as the player wanted the generals not to get bankrupt - but could have adverse effects on loyalty).
    btw - can you remind me if (and in what amount) the EBII features the "supply script" - money paid for any army while outside own lands?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    oftentimes, the new is well forgotten old. we had that mechanic introduced to EB1 by V.T. Marvin. your leader would also get certain traits after the battle depending on the results and his personality. i wouldnt be surprised if the mods mentioned got the idea/inspiration from EB.
    Thank you, I'm not going mad. I was thinking, I'm sure this mechanic was in EB1, can't remember - was it a submod or actually in one of the builds.

EBII doesn't have a supply script. We're reluctant to put in features which affect only the human player like that.

It does have a spoils of war script.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

It does have a spoils of war script.
    What does it do? I never noticed it

oftentimes, the new is well forgotten old. we had that mechanic introduced to EB1 by V.T. Marvin. your leader would also get certain traits after the battle depending on the results and his personality. i wouldnt be surprised if the mods mentioned got the idea/inspiration from EB.
    No, you're talking about something completely different. Those would be the "spoils" related traits--I'm talking about a mechanic whereby physical cash is added to your treasury by winning a battle(or having it removed if you lose), which has nothing to do with traits and only concerns itself with your cash used on the campaign map. Those are two very different mechanics--and BTW, the spoils mechanics usually only occur after large/heroic battles or city captures. Even a small battle in TLK will prompt the same amount of cash IIRC(~500 dosh). By contrast, small battles in EBII virtually never trigger the spoils traits.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; September 10, 2018 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    No, you're talking about something completely different. Those would be the "spoils" related traits--I'm talking about a mechanic whereby physical cash is added to your treasury by winning a battle(or having it removed if you lose), which has nothing to do with traits and only concerns itself with your cash used on the campaign map. Those are two very different mechanics--and BTW, the spoils mechanics usually only occur after large/heroic battles or city captures. Even a small battle in TLK will prompt the same amount of cash IIRC(~500 dosh). By contrast, small battles in EBII virtually never trigger the spoils traits.
    i was talking of EB1 and yes, similarly to what you've described, physical cash (a small enough amount) was added in after the victories. it was more complex than that though (the traits part).

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAbacus View Post
    + one thing I would like to see is an "auto-expansion" non-player countries would get certain settlements via script in from the 1. to the 2. turn, thus making them more potent. The submod DAC for TATW uses these. I really like the AI already but the AI seems to struggle to expand early on and I feel like an auto-expansion could increase the difficulty significantly.
    Oh I never heard of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That is an interesting thing they do but makes me wonder, if they gain the settlement via script from the 1.. to the 2. turn, why not give those factions the settlement what the beginning?
    It's different because when a player plays a faction, he doesn't own those settlements, but AI does.
    I like this idea because human player can have many rebel settlements to conquer, at the same time AI will not be overwhelmed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    Oh I never heard of this!

It's different because when a player plays a faction, he doesn't own those settlements, but AI does.
    I like this idea because human player can have many rebel settlements to conquer, at the same time AI will not be overwhelmed by them.
    As before:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Most AI factions already have an "opening move" in the form of scripted attack in T1. They don't always succeed, which is how it should be to stop the first few turns being a foregone conclusion.
    Already present, most AI factions already have a starting move to take a neraby settlement, but it's not guaranteed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12