Thread: Stainless Steel Crash

Default Stainless Steel Crash

When attempting to load stainless steel the game crashes immediately and says "medieval 2: total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". This crash does not send a message to the log file so I have no idea what is going on with the game. I will say that I attempted to clone two factions (turks, byzantine) and attempted to rename them Serbia, and Abbasid. Does anyone have any idea on how to at least get an understanding of what is crashing the game besides this very vague crash statement that the game sends out? Any idea on what I may have done to crash the game? I followed gigantus tutorial on how to rename a faction. Thanks for all the future help.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Stainless Steel Crash

try to rename the factions back and see if it works then... also have you spellchecked?

So I have used geomod, which usually tells you if anything is going wrong with the game especially if there was a wrong name in one of the files. When the game crashes it does so immediately. It does not load up any menu or picture. It also does not provide an error in the log folder (unless I am looking in the wrong area) which is also incredibly frustrating. The only files that I think I could have messed up on are the model dB folder, but I do not know if this would cause a crash like this. I'm at 31 factions including slaves. I have taken the cumans and switched there religion to orthodox, and renamed them to georgia. I have switched the Mongols from Muslim to pagan and used them in the cumans religious buildings. I have done a complete copy of the the turks and renamed the other faction abbasid. I have also copied the byzantine and renamed the copied faction to Serbia. I really hope I can get some insight for this because I have been working on This mod for the last 3 weeks now.

01:21:59.044 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    01:21:59.045 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    01:21:59.050 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    01:21:59.053 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    01:21:59.055 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    01:21:59.056 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    01:21:59.057 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    01:21:59.057 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:21:59.099 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:21:59.099 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    01:21:59.104 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:21:59.110 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    01:22:02.819 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

This is my crash log.