Thread: What determines Player Turn Order in a Coop Campaign?

Icon5 What determines Player Turn Order in a Coop Campaign?

Hello everyone,

as the title says I would like to know how to change the Player Turn Order in a Coop Campaign. Question might be somewhat obscure, but if anybody knows the answer that would be awesome.
    When a player takes Har Ganeth and the other one Chaos, then the player with Har Ganeth always seems to start first apparently.

1. It does not seem to matter who hosts the game.
    2. It also does not seem to be affected by the field starting_order in the table start_pos_factions, which works for all AI controlled factions and changes their turn order, but it does not seem to affect the two players.

If there's some God of Modding out there, please help me, I'm at my wits end

Default Re: What determines Player Turn Order in a Coop Campaign?

Okay, so I was actually able to solve the problem myself. I was wrong in the assumption that starting_order in the table start_pos_factions has no effect on player turn order. So for anyone else who wants to know how this works, well, here's the thing: starting_order determines AI turn order as one would expect with 1 coming first up to 999 coming last in the turn order. However, for players for some obscure reason this turn order is INVERTED. So 999 comes BEFORE the player with a starting_order of 1. So that's where all the confusion comes from.
    Well, anyways, this thread can now be closed!