Thread: Best Singleplayer FOTS Mod To Download Now?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Best Singleplayer FOTS Mod To Download Now?

Hello there, I only just discovered STW2 also had the workshop.. I mainly play FOTS and am wondering what the best mod to download for it right now is? There seen to be 3 main ones.. I have been using Radious a while through another download but he does mods for every game and while I am appreciative always after these many years I would also be interested in a change if worth it, if there is a more dedicated mod to FOTS.

I noticed there is an American Civil War mod which would be great but it says MP.. does that mean MP only or did he just add a MP feature? I believe I once had a mod that replaced one of the 3 foreign factions with The Confederates it may have been an early version of that a while ago, also anyone try out the one that lets you play foreign factions? Any good? Are the rosters the same as the vanilla game or expanded?
    Last edited by Krieglord; August 29, 2018 at 02:38 AM.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Best Singleplayer FOTS Mod To Download Now?

Probably Total FOTS, there is also Master of Strategy FOTS version.

Yes if you are into that there is an American civil war mod called North and South II, check the hosted modifications section for more info, i didnt try it but heard good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    Probably Total FOTS, there is also Master of Strategy FOTS version.

Yes if you are into that there is an American civil war mod called North and South II, check the hosted modifications section for more info, i didnt try it but heard good things about it.

Thankyou, I am doing a fresh install now because I had a faction mod that was interfering with Total FOTS but think I will give that a shot, I downloaded his installer and data.pak as .rars already so should be good to go for later though I will definitely check out North and South II that already sounds promising.

Empire/Napoleon always played decently on my laptop though The ACW mods were very slow for some reason but with FOTS I have been able to play with everything maxed out and checkmarcked using my 42" tv as a monitor and still have 4-5 stack battles with barely a hint of lag.
    Last edited by Krieglord; August 29, 2018 at 05:10 PM.

Well I stayed up most of the night playing as France in FOTS, that is one sweet mod and it does add a lot of new units so far, though the few battles I have fought with vanilla factions the enemy usually gets slaughtered before reaching my line so may restart with very hard settings, though that may be part of the gameplay as it seems the added factions will slowly eat up Japan and then the real war begins.

Last edited by Krieglord; August 30, 2018 at 01:09 PM.

Nice pic man. Thanks for posting it. This is version 1. So you will see probably a lot of bugs. In time version 2 comes out, where most of the problems have been resolved and better looking units.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Nice pic man. Thanks for posting it. This is version 1. So you will see probably a lot of bugs. In time version 2 comes out, where most of the problems have been resolved and better looking units.
    Thankyou very much it was definitly an epic moment , I posted it on reddit and helped some more people to discover the mod to, I have been using Radious so many years it only just occurred to me recently to check for something new and that is great news even though I have had no issue with how they look personally, I have been so busy playing I have barely actually read into the threads on the modification section yet.. I was able to play with Radious on ultra settings but find I had to turn down everything to a mix of high/medium but I think that may be more to doing a fresh install of the game before downloading the mod and forgetting to turn down unit sizes.

To bad they didn't give modders the tools to change the campaign map, I don't know much about the depths of modding beyond messing with unit stats in the past but this battle and campaign engine on a European map would be amazing, I am already enjoying this more then NTW so would happily pay full price for something like that, though of course the alternate history idea of foreign powers getting more involved in Japans affairs is fascinating.

Edit:

Last edited by Krieglord; August 31, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Thankyou very much it was definitly an epic moment , I posted it on reddit and helped some more people to discover the mod to, I have been using Radious so many years it only just occurred to me recently to check for something new and that is great news even though I have had no issue with how they look personally, I have been so busy playing I have barely actually read into the threads on the modification section yet.. I was able to play with Radious on ultra settings but find I had to turn down everything to a mix of high/medium but I think that may be more to doing a fresh install of the game before downloading the mod and forgetting to turn down unit sizes.

To bad they didn't give modders the tools to change the campaign map, I don't know much about the depths of modding beyond messing with unit stats in the past but this battle and campaign engine on a European map would be amazing, I am already enjoying this more then NTW so would happily pay full price for something like that, though of course the alternate history idea of foreign powers getting more involved in Japans affairs is fascinating.

Edit:

Hey Krieglord you can mod the campaign map in shogun 2 https://www.patreon.com/total_izzi/overview you can download the beta 2 of fots it contains a map with japan and korea it is not playable if you play the camapign you can only recruit vanila units but you can see the map.Its only for Custom battle.
    If you want to play on the shogun 2 vanilla timeframe with china or korea look here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-2-8
    Last edited by The Shark; August 31, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Thankyou Shark I had never known, I don't think I could go back to vanilla though to be honest I just meant that the style of the Total FOTS mod would be epic on a European map.