Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gerrymanderinig and judges meddle on the eve of elections without the help of Russian meddling

Default Re: Gerrymanderinig and judges meddle on the eve of elections without the help of Russian meddling

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Lower Courts:
    https://guides.library.pdx.edu/c.php?g=271192&p=1811803

"The lower federal courts include:
    •U.S. Court of Appeals
    •U.S. District Courts
    ◦U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
    ◦U.S. Courts of Special Jurisdiction"
    I am aware of this, I am confused about his pointing at lower vs higher court in relation to this specific case

The quote in the post of mines you quoted, and this quote here:

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    Unconstitutional gerrymandered map to be used in midterms after all

I agree with the Fed court decision. That was the point of posting this silly lower court ruling.

I have an idea what he is talking about, but need clarification.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Gerrymanderinig and judges meddle on the eve of elections without the help of Russian meddling

Infidel144's post should make it perfectly clear. Appeals generally are in a higher court. All things are relative.

Lower Courts:
    https://guides.library.pdx.edu/c.php?g=271192&p=1811803

"The lower federal courts include:
    •U.S. Court of Appeals
    •U.S. District Courts
    ◦U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
    ◦U.S. Courts of Special Jurisdiction"
    State's aren't really allowed to go haywire against the Consitution or federal law. That's why they get sued in Federal Court. Now, what's interesting is there are still some amendments that don't apply at the state level and about all SCOTUS might bother to rule is that said amendment now does and kick the case back down to the state court it was in to be re-argued and reassessed by the state court.

As for Appeals courts being "lower" that's a fairly deceptive term to use with them as most cases end there and for good reason. SCOTUS is a hilariously high level appeals court for 99% of its cases. And it typically ignores cases unless two separate appeals courts have a disagreement to be sorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Tar]Naru33 View Post
    I am aware of this, I am confused about his pointing at lower vs higher court in relation to this specific case

The quote in the post of mines you quoted, and this quote here:

I have an idea what he is talking about, but need clarification.
    He's mostly being fascinated by the fact that there even is a SCOTUS ruling. Which for 99% of cases in the Federal Court system alone doesn't happen. Hell, most of them don't even need an appeal. Norse is more watching North Carolina's state government do what it does best. Be a dick. We saw the economy they were willing to lose in response to HB 2. So...whatever. Look at them do dickish things again. Stall stall stall. That's what Norse is *really* fascinated by. For some reason he's blaming it on the courts and not the North Carolina legislature being a dick. Why? Frak if I know.

One thing we do know? North Carolina legislature is a dick. This is established behavorial pattern. The Courts literally have a job to manhandle these people when they're dicks too blatantly so. Watch the courts do their job.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    State's aren't really allowed to go haywire against the Consitution or federal law. That's why they get sued in Federal Court. Now, what's interesting is there are still some amendments that don't apply at the state level and about all SCOTUS might bother to rule is that said amendment now does and kick the case back down to the state court it was in to be re-argued and reassessed by the state court.
    What does this have to do with what I provided?
    As for Appeals courts being "lower" that's a fairly deceptive term to use with them as most cases end there and for good reason. SCOTUS is a hilariously high level appeals court for 99% of its cases. And it typically ignores cases unless two separate appeals courts have a disagreement to be sorted out.
    The US Courts of Appeals are lower courts. The definition provided is referring to the inferior Circuit Courts of Appeals whose rulings can be appealed to and overturned by the Supreme Court, which hears appeals from the lower courts.

What does this have to do with what I provided?

The US Courts of Appeals are lower courts. The definition provided is referring to the inferior Circuit Courts of Appeals whose rulings can be appealed to and overturned by the Supreme Court, which hears appeals from the lower courts.
    Tell you what. Next time you give a list that provides no extra information that might leave people confused and you ask me what it's got to do with a post wherein I provide more information, and then you use your post to...wait for it...provide more information, Nah I won't wait until next time. Man, go away if all you're gonna do is do exactly what I did and provide more information.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Tell you what. Next time you give a list that provides no extra information that might leave people confused and you ask me what it's got to do with a post wherein I provide more information, and then you use your post to...wait for it...provide more information, Nah I won't wait until next time.
    Odd, my post provided the information intended, to its recipient, and it did not seem to confuse said person.
    So, in other words the answer to my question would be: nothing.
    Man, go away
    Make me.
    if all you're gonna do is do exactly what I did and provide more information.
    I 'provided more information' to correct your ignorant claim that "lower" is a deceptive term to use for Appeals Courts.
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 09, 2018 at 12:28 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234