Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Universal flu vaccine - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Universal flu vaccine

Stario's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Universal flu vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing
    In short, you claims regarding the superiority of natural immunity require a world without vaccination.
    In short, NO.

Ultimately one must make up his/her own mind based on the pros & cons, sometimes natural immunity is very difficult to obtain. Personally, would not immunise against such diseases as chicken pox or get the flu shot (didn't get the flu shot this year & was better for it- probably wont get it again).
    I found in the last 18 months (due to stress reduction/more exercise/better diet/better general lifestyle etc.), I have not got sick; no flu for me this year etc. (& I work in what would be considered a highly contagious environment as far as viruses/BUGS are concerned- normally get the flu 4-5 x per year even after getting flu shot every year).

Would I bother with the MMR Vaccine- answer, NO (I already got natural immunity so I guess there's is no point of it for me- the disease in childhood was minor for me & my siblings, & the MMR vaccine as I already pointed out, is fairly ineffective anyways).
    Would I get vaccinated against other viruses such as Hepatitis- YES (had my shots many years ago- they (the shots), seemed to be working or could be the standard precautions).
    Last edited by Stario; October 22, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

Genava's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    In short, NO.
    I think we already know your position: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14383634

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    It's actually not all I've claimed, there is more you just chose to ignore it...
    More importantly, my claim is that natural immunity is far superior to immunity gained from vaccination; the former being much more protective, long lasting as well as transferable between mother and infant.
    With "vaccination immunity", in this case I might be protected against pertussis for 5 years or so (could not even be that much), after this period I am vulnerable again and pose the same risk to the community as any non-immunised individual, and whats more vaccination immunity is not transferable from mother to infant.
    This is sufficient grounds against mandatory vaccination, my right to choose to be naturally protected for a lifetime (depending study), instead of at best 4-6 years (depending on study), which immunity from vaccination offers.
    Lastly, this doesn't stop at the individual, in the long run "natural heard immunity" is far more beneficial to the community than "heard immunity" from vaccination.
    The true heroes of science are the defenders of open-access like
    Alexandra Elbakyan. Even in my country, Switzerland, we cannot afford the access to all the publishers material. Sci-hub and Library Genesis help thousands of researchers in the world. Support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    I think we already know your position
    Indeed, my position quite clear. Even more worrying signs when BIG PHARMA like Merck get caught with their pants down for falsifying data on their MMR vaccine. If the vaccine does not even prevent the diseases it is supposed to, how can it be mandated to be given to children!?

"When discussing Merck vaccine fraud, it must also be mentioned that the U.S. government has a huge conflict of interest, as it profits from the sale of vaccines". Such as former CDC Director Dr. Gerberding, who sold shares of Merck Stock for $2.3 Million.
    https://vaccineimpact.com/2018/merck...asil-vaccines/
    Last edited by Stario; October 26, 2018 at 08:00 AM.

Smells like pseudo science to me. Vaccines work, it's been proven over and over again.

Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

Obviously. For those interested,

World Flu Day: The Lancet EDITORIAL| VOLUME 392, ISSUE 10158, P1600, NOVEMBER 03, 2018
    The Lancet that World Flu Day had four major purposes: to commemorate the centenary of the 1918–19 influenza pandemic; to raise public awareness of influenza; to accelerate scientific innovation and basic research efforts toward remaining challenges of influenza, particularly the development of a universal flu vaccine; and to push for stronger global political will in continuing the support of influenza prevention and control.
    Pandemic flu - The Lancet

---Edit- November 9,

Update: Influenza Activity in the United States During the 2017–18 Season and Composition of the 2018–19 Influenza Vaccine
    The severity of this influenza season highlights the importance of public health measures to control and prevent influenza. Annual influenza vaccination remains the most effective way to prevent influenza illness.
    In fact, there is a "science" of anti-scientific thinking.
    Televangelist with Trump ties: 'Jesus himself gave us the flu shot ...
    By praying and saying "I'll never have the flu. I'll never have the flu
    Everything is connected: Trump has brought with him a swamp filled with anti-science staff. Thinking about it,
    Trump-Putin meeting: a simple analogy that explains a bizarre event ...

Trump is an anti-vaxxer. He treats foreign policy with the same ignorance and misplaced confidence he brings to vaccine science.
    ...This may seem totally disconnected from Trump’s shameful press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, but it isn’t. In fact, it’s vital to understanding Trump’s dangerous foreign policy. In both cases, the same specific kind of ignorance — a complete disinterest in understanding why things are the way they are — is leading Trump to advocate potentially deadly positions.
    Last edited by Ludicus; November 09, 2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Smells like pseudo science to me. Vaccines work, it's been proven over and over again.
    Smells like 'BAD' science when pharmaceuticals are falsifying data on the effectiveness of their vaccines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2