Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Wonderful!
    Last edited by chriswhr; March 08, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Hi Cgma, thank you for your work, is there any way to post the files other than steam? I disabled the new launcher and dont want to mess with any files from the workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Hi Cgma, thank you for your work, is there any way to post the files other than steam? I disabled the new launcher and dont want to mess with any files from the workshop.
    Old launcher works correctly. And no, Revised specific files are not to be released outside Steam, i have too many files already to control that any outsource hosting is just a baggage i don't need.

Great job on your mod, playing it with at moast pleasure . Got a question. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to set specific units to their rellating regions, rather than making them possible for recruitment wherever on the map there is castellum constructed. For example Milites Secunda Armeniaca are possible to recruit evrywhere instead only in Armenia.

Do you plan on varying the unit cards a bit more, rather than just changing their shield patterns ?

Are you awared that none of this units where region specific in fact? They were only names based on historical origins not place or nation to recruit, not during end of IV century.

And no, no changes to any icons. Anyway try to do some then tell me your experience .

http://lukeuedasarson.com/MagisterPeditum.html Looky here. I have cheked all cohort's names. Some of the cohorts do not serve where they were raised, but every individual one is sent to the army of the Dux responsible for his particular region.

Short example from Mauri Osismiaci description:
    "
    The name
    Mauri
    denotes the Moorish peoples, although there is every indication that by this date the term, as used in the Roman military, denoted not an ethnicity but a particular kind of military unit
    ". So, should i made them Africa exclusive or Gallia or Italia? Anyway Palatina barracks are restricted only to capital so no, no AoR ever. EOT.

Btw, is your mod supposed to be played on normal, because i try to play the game on legendary and i have -6500 revenue which makes recruiting army or constructing some buildings for increasing income is absolutely imposible. Barbarians just come inot my lands and rape me. I play WRE

Hi, can you please upload non-steam links? I have some issues with launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by martin4 View Post
    Hi, can you please upload non-steam links? I have some issues with launcher.

Sup man, all you have to do is revert back to old launcher simply go to Beta and select last version

Ye, but I rather avoid this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by martin4 View Post
    Ye, but I rather avoid this stuff.
    You'd rather want to avoid new launcher which is pretty bugged so good luck playing with it.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Got to say you have made a great submod for FOTE there is a lot I like about it. Here is a picture of the the armies of the east and west under the command of the young solider emperor Arcadius at the battle of Edessa aginst the Shahanshah armies.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A battle near Adrianople vs the goths.

Some notes on the mod and feed back.
    I love that garrisons will open up recruitment for border guard troops I personally think it would be cool to make that the main recruitment tool for all Limitanei removing the barracks option giving the AI less choice as what to make as they cant seem to role play like we can. To go one step further I think the Limitanei could be recruited from garrison building or just capitals. higher level capitals unlock things like cavalry and archers all the way up to cohors milites. this would give the AI usable armies almost all the time

the roman AI will mainly recruit the worst infantry that is available on normal FOTE and your mod. they do this in every play through be it frank, Eastern Roman, Eestren or Sasanian I have had the AI will almost only use the hominies armaturae and levies. I think the AI looks at its money and decides that cheap crappy units are best no matter the mod and I personally never use hominies armaturae and levies and almost think someone should remove the option for them to be used at all as the AI will only mass stack these units. My guess is why the silly upgrade system was put into Attila to begin with was so the player would be able to fight stronger AI that didn't spam tier 1 infantry because that option was taken away.

Your mod

I didnt think to take A picture in the beginning but they had two large stacks in Italy and they were both made up of slingers and hominies armaturae a few medium infantry but very few.

Normal FOTE just to show its the AIs fault lol

Now for the good stuff.
    I think the difficulty and role play of your mod is fantastic, I found my self able to run around with a strong core army as the east right off the bat but only one army so I could not deal with multiple threats and the fear of losing my standing army forced me to accept loss more often than not and shadow my enemy waiting for a time that I can assure victory. WELL done! what started as a test run turned into me enjoying my play through on very hard/hard. thanks Cgma!

Edit I have been thinking about making a custom mod for my self using FOTE but would like your thoughts on how you think the balance would be.

Remove Limitanei barracks replace with this recruitment structure almost a proto theme system. for the AI and player role play.

town(1) Numrus and levi jav
    town(2) Numrus and levi jav skirm cavlry
    town(3) Numrus and levi jav skirm cavlry
    town(4) limitatei spear, Numrus and levi jav skirm cavlry

Capital(1) Limitanei spear
    Capital(2) Limitanei spear, sword,better Jav
    Capital(3) Limitanei spear, sword,better Jav, archer,cavlry
    Capital(4) Limitanei spear, sword,better Jav, archer,cavlry, tier 2 shock cav(A Bucellarii type unit bought by the rich at high level capitals to protect land instead of being made from a barracks)

recuitable only units that change what the towns and capitals can recruit. Garrisons made into separate non up gradable ID so they stay the same.
    Limitanei spear= to ver 2 Limitanei spear with more armor on textures and better stats
    Limitanei sword= cohors milites
    Numrus = a Ver 2 with more armor texture and better stats show models as a mix of Germanic armors and Roman still not great but better then early game.
    Last edited by legio_XX; April 15, 2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: another thought I wanted to run by
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Removing limitanei barracks was my guess for long ago, but it is a lot of pointless work to remove it from chain so ERE/WRE don't build them. So actually i decided to add some units to garrisons to let them live a few turns longer. It still doesn't matter in longer perspective since if you don't protect WRE manually or with playing ERE they will fall no matter what.

AI can build better armies and they do just with your current campaign they don't. But check other printscreens made by people - you will see armies more common of high level units.

You don't need to add limitanei when you can build cities lvl III-IV because in fact they are available at III - IV level now, so no idea what is your plan since it exists in. I'm now fighting pretty strong armies of Sassanids. Anyway i decided long ago to drop paper-scissors-stone system and replaced it with more balanced one where "weak units" still can challenge stronger and it works. Not applicable unfortunatelly to some AI decisions since autoresolver for AI does a lot of strange things like you need 4 roman armies to win battle (with autoresolver) vs. 1 hun army even if they are 30% numbers.

No, I'm more clever than that. I use just user.script.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    Removing limitanei barracks was my guess for long ago, but it is a lot of pointless work to remove it from chain so ERE/WRE don't build them. So actually i decided to add some units to garrisons to let them live a few turns longer. It still doesn't matter in longer perspective since if you don't protect WRE manually or with playing ERE they will fall no matter what.

AI can build better armies and they do just with your current campaign they don't. But check other printscreens made by people - you will see armies more common of high level units.

You don't need to add limitanei when you can build cities lvl III-IV because in fact they are available at III - IV level now, so no idea what is your plan since it exists in. I'm now fighting pretty strong armies of Sassanids. Anyway i decided long ago to drop paper-scissors-stone system and replaced it with more balanced one where "weak units" still can challenge stronger and it works. Not applicable unfortunatelly to some AI decisions since autoresolver for AI does a lot of strange things like you need 4 roman armies to win battle (with autoresolver) vs. 1 hun army even if they are 30% numbers.
    I was not aware you had already expanded the roster of city recruitment I was still going off old FOTE system. I had noticed a lot of balance changes you had made and they are working very well. As you say the Sassanids are fielding very strong armies right now and I am enjoying the hell out of that. Thank you for the mod Cgma it has been a lot of fun! I am loving playing as the east. The emperor died and now all my loyal generals are no longer so, I managed to save my main army from civil war so far and oust the goths but the Sassanids are really putting on the pressure. Looks like my linchpin city Amida might fall this time...again
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    The emperor died and now all my loyal generals are no longer so, I managed to save my main army from civil war so far and oust the goths but the Sassanids are really putting on the pressure. Looks like my linchpin city Amida might fall this time...again
    One of the main goals was to keep player's attention to all RTS aspects game offers, not just "build & conquer".

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    One of the main goals was to keep player's attention to all RTS aspects game offers, not just "build & conquer".
    Well you did a great job!

thanks for update

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast