Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Removing limitanei barracks was my guess for long ago, but it is a lot of pointless work to remove it from chain so ERE/WRE don't build them. So actually i decided to add some units to garrisons to let them live a few turns longer. It still doesn't matter in longer perspective since if you don't protect WRE manually or with playing ERE they will fall no matter what.

AI can build better armies and they do just with your current campaign they don't. But check other printscreens made by people - you will see armies more common of high level units.

You don't need to add limitanei when you can build cities lvl III-IV because in fact they are available at III - IV level now, so no idea what is your plan since it exists in. I'm now fighting pretty strong armies of Sassanids. Anyway i decided long ago to drop paper-scissors-stone system and replaced it with more balanced one where "weak units" still can challenge stronger and it works. Not applicable unfortunatelly to some AI decisions since autoresolver for AI does a lot of strange things like you need 4 roman armies to win battle (with autoresolver) vs. 1 hun army even if they are 30% numbers.

No, I'm more clever than that. I use just user.script.txt

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    Removing limitanei barracks was my guess for long ago, but it is a lot of pointless work to remove it from chain so ERE/WRE don't build them. So actually i decided to add some units to garrisons to let them live a few turns longer. It still doesn't matter in longer perspective since if you don't protect WRE manually or with playing ERE they will fall no matter what.

AI can build better armies and they do just with your current campaign they don't. But check other printscreens made by people - you will see armies more common of high level units.

You don't need to add limitanei when you can build cities lvl III-IV because in fact they are available at III - IV level now, so no idea what is your plan since it exists in. I'm now fighting pretty strong armies of Sassanids. Anyway i decided long ago to drop paper-scissors-stone system and replaced it with more balanced one where "weak units" still can challenge stronger and it works. Not applicable unfortunatelly to some AI decisions since autoresolver for AI does a lot of strange things like you need 4 roman armies to win battle (with autoresolver) vs. 1 hun army even if they are 30% numbers.
    I was not aware you had already expanded the roster of city recruitment I was still going off old FOTE system. I had noticed a lot of balance changes you had made and they are working very well. As you say the Sassanids are fielding very strong armies right now and I am enjoying the hell out of that. Thank you for the mod Cgma it has been a lot of fun! I am loving playing as the east. The emperor died and now all my loyal generals are no longer so, I managed to save my main army from civil war so far and oust the goths but the Sassanids are really putting on the pressure. Looks like my linchpin city Amida might fall this time...again
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    The emperor died and now all my loyal generals are no longer so, I managed to save my main army from civil war so far and oust the goths but the Sassanids are really putting on the pressure. Looks like my linchpin city Amida might fall this time...again
    One of the main goals was to keep player's attention to all RTS aspects game offers, not just "build & conquer".

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    One of the main goals was to keep player's attention to all RTS aspects game offers, not just "build & conquer".
    Well you did a great job!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

thanks for update

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567