Greetings fellow modders,

I've got a decent experience doing DB editing in this generation of TW games but I'm starting to enter some deeper waters than I'm used to here. What I'm trying to do, is edit vanilla agents/generals to, mainly, look and sound different on the campaign and battlemaps. Specifically, what I'm trying to do is rename, reskin and repurpose the High Elf Mages into Archmages of the male variety. So basically, change their voices and unit cards on the campaign map as well as reskinning them and changing their battlefield equivalents. The latter I have no problems with as it's well within the realm of editing I'm used to. However, it's the campaign side I'm struggling with. The tables I'm currently working with for this are:
  • agent_subtypes_tables
  • campaign_character_art_sets_tables
  • campaign_character_arts_tables

I've done some digging and looking at other agent/generals themed mods to find the relevant tables and from where I'm standing, these appear to be it. I've gone through them all and edited the entries of the High Elf mages (wh2_main_hef_mage_INSERTLORE) and unticked "has female name" as well as changing their voice over groups to match that of the Loremaster agent type in the agent_subtypes_tables table.

In the campaign_character_art_sets_table I all I've done is simply tick the box for "is_male" on the three relevant entries I could find (wh2_main_art_set_hef_mage_01-03).

And lastly, in the campaign_character_arts_table all I've done is set a different campaign animation to match their new appearance.

After having made these changes, the end result simply confuses the hell outta me. What happens is all the mages now show up (with the appropriate animations and portraits) as imperial bright wizards, however still with the female mage voice. This frankly, makes zero sense to me and I've no idea what the issue is. Evidently, one of these changes has lead the game to somehow not read none of the agent_subtypes_tables or campaign_character_arts_table correctly, as it's both ignoring the voice change and the animation change.

Anyone got any clue what I'm missing here cause I'm really not seeing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.