Thread: Why have CA removed the option to choose multiple targets for your allies?

Default Why have CA removed the option to choose multiple targets for your allies?

One of the innovative aspects I liked about the diplomacy options in Warhammer was being able to ask each individual ally to attack a specific enemy. So you could tell one ally to attack say the dwarves, and another to attack the Bretons, for example. I thought all future games would run with this, but it seems Britannia has gone back to the all or nothing option of picking just one enemy to attack. Is there anyway it could be modded in?

Default Re: Why have CA removed the option to choose multiple targets for your allies?

I think it’s because of the fact that ToB uses a modified version of the attila engine instead of using a modified version of the warhammer one (hence why it is also in 32 bits instead of 64 bits like warhammer), so I guess some of the changes that were introduced in warhammer (like you described with choosing multiple targets for your allies). Either that, or the fact that it was bugged since rome 2, and they only bothered to fix it on warahammer

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Why have CA removed the option to choose multiple targets for your allies?

Yep, ToB is based on Attila. There are limits they can push the engine...this is sadly one of them..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm sure TOB could afford multiple targets. It's not that straining for the engine and possible it could be coded-fixed quite easily. The same for Rome 2. Since we have the target system already, a bit extra tweaking isn't a big deal.
    My best bet is they just don't bother fixing-adding it for Rome 2 and TOB.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'm sure TOB could afford multiple targets. It's not that straining for the engine and possible it could be coded-fixed quite easily. The same for Rome 2. Since we have the target system already, a bit extra tweaking isn't a big deal.
    My best bet is they just don't bother fixing-adding it for Rome 2 and TOB.
    Really? That is great! I thought it was limited by engine! But never explored this area of game..

I think it's just something they've overlooked. I think Lusted might add it if enough people want it.

At elast it is working quite well. No idea if i´m lucky, but Ai went 5 times for war target from 5 occasions i have tried it. :-)