Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Outlaw King

Default Re: Outlaw King

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm not familiar really with the time period...Would Robert The Bruce be that familiar with the armies of other countries?

I mean it could have just been simple hyberbole. Or just the fact that the written dialogue wasn't great (wasn't bad either)
    He comes from a family that have participated in the crusades. That tells us that people around him was open to a lot of information that could be gathered around Constantinople and Jerusalem. That's already a vast access to at worst hearsay knowledge on what many other kingdoms were capable of.
    The Armenian Issue

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Not a bad movie, but Chris Pine's acting was not good enough. He didnt seem like a hero at all. The Black Douglass seems more like a true hero character in this movie. Bruce lacked i dunno, charisma, character, something along those lines.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    He comes from a family that have participated in the crusades. That tells us that people around him was open to a lot of information that could be gathered around Constantinople and Jerusalem. That's already a vast access to at worst hearsay knowledge on what many other kingdoms were capable of.
    His knowledge would likely have included Edward’s own exploits on the 9th crusade, which would have surely enhanced the Bruce’s opinion of the English military.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Ah, I see the Metatron has spread his wings once more.

Great video! Well, it was great for me at least. I also love being pedantic and talking about historical accuracy, although I do realize such soapbox lecturing about a TV show usually puts many people to sleep.

Tony Curran (Angus MacDonald) on his twitter-account:

History vs Hollywood on "Outlaw King":
    http://www.historyvshollywood.com/re...s/outlaw-king/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234