Thread: Interesting article from PCGamerN.

Default Interesting article from PCGamerN.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-t...s-classic-mode

Thought I'd share this interesting article found on Reddit. It goes over a few things like differences between Classic and Romance, How characters work, stuff like that.

There are a few main things of interest.

1. When you equip someone with special gear like the Trident Halberd for example, that will actually show on their character. Weapons and armor, and mounts do show on the character unlike in Warhammer.

2. Events are confirmed to be different for each mode, Romance Mode has Romance based events, Classic Mode has Records based events.

3. Instead of denying Naval Combat or mechanics, they instead said this. "We’re not talking about naval battles now, but the majority of the game is about land conflict.". It's interesting to see a different statement from before. Who knows what is going on, maybe we can be cautiously optimistic? I don't know. Probably not naval combat but maybe some sort of mechanic.

4. Percentage Wise, this is the largest landmass in a TW game. It's the same size as Atilla in terms of land available, And Atilla was pretty big.

5. "Yeah, it’s the whole landmass of China, nothing’s cut off or anything.". This is a quote directly from the article. I find it interesting and I wonder whether they mean the whole landmass of Modern Day China, or the entirety of Ancient, Han China. Tibet and Xiyu would be nice, as would Manchuria to include Goguryeo, but I don't know I think it might be a mix up with communication and easily misinterpretable. Also makes no mention of Korea or SE Asia but that may just be an oversight.

Default Re: Interesting article from PCGamerN.

Whole landmass of China is purposefully vague. But I think the map will end very close to the province boundaries during the starting year.

The majority of the game will be on the same recycled battle maps.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ngazi View Post
    We have already seen one siege map and one ambush map and there were not recycled at all..
    Last edited by Daruwind; August 25, 2018 at 04:32 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngazi View Post
    Yup, just like all the other 3D total war games... oh wait, that's not the case AT ALL, and never has been.

Please, delete this post - i've chosen a wrong thread
    Last edited by Polemaios; September 07, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here