Thread: [Submod] Small Music Changes

Default [Submod] Small Music Changes

For: 2.3

The world's smallest submod: I love the songs in EB1 and -most- in EB2, i find them to be way better than the RTW soundtrack for example, they are a great reason why playing this mod is very immersive, you feel you are there, whatever faction you are playing as. And so, My objective was NOT to add any new music, but simply to change descr_sounds_music and add a lot of the AWESOME EB2 music that was in the files, that were not used. I started doing so because of when playing Boioi, the celtic battle musics in vanilla EB2 are too much of the never ending repeatable horn music, and because in the campaign map there is two songs from 0 A.D that i find completely immersive breaking.

This song reminds me of vanilla M2TW, or the whole trend of having ancient celtic music as people playing with a damn violin and wearing braveheart costumes.

THIS is what makes EB2 so immersive, however.

So, this is now the songs you hear on a battle against or with celtics, all of them which are great, and not a never ending horn sound on the same tune.

EB_Barbarian_Battle_Theme2.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Battle_Theme2.mp3
    BarbBattle40.mp3
    BarbBattle43.mp3
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    BarbBattle34.mp3
    barb_cnh43.mp3

On campaign map, i chose these ones:

EB_Barbarian_Theme.mp3
    Barb_PIM1.mp3
    Barb_OTN4.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Theme.mp3
    Barb_OTN7.mp3
    Barb_PIM9.mp3
    Barb_cnh45.mp3
    barb_cnh43.mp3

Ive made changes to every culture but the iberians (added more variations to all of them, for example adding seikilos epitaph to all western greeks, my epeiros campaign was repeating the same 3 songs every turn, another reason why i decided to make this submod), as im not sure what to do with those iberian campaign map songs. I never played with them so didnt knew how they were until i played those songs in winamp.

How to install:

Replace your descr_sounds_music in mods/Ebii/data with the one attached to the post, and then delete these four files, events.dat, events.idx, music.dat, music.idx, inside EBii/data/sounds/ These four files will be generated again once you start the mod.

MAKE backup of your descr_soudns_music and of those four files, just in case
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Default Re: [Submod] Small Music Changes

any changes to the sauromatae?
    i have playlist with like 400 songs on youtube that isn't culturally accurate at all (everything from Mongolian throat singing to the Native American themes from ETW...)
    but that doesn't afford me the luxury of the contextual track switches, so the game automatically playing ambient tracks vs battle tracks.