Thread: Where are all the armies?

Icon4 Where are all the armies?

I'm playing as Macedon and I'm in turn 164 so far and the experience is amazingly addictive. It isn't without some issues, however.

For one, I managed to overcome a persistent turn-based crash at turn 164 by disabling the 4tpy and the supply sub-mods. Now I re-enabled them again hoping this issue is over.

The other issue I'm facing is about the AI. Since some time now (probably 70 turns) and as my Imperium status is rising (by now it's terrifying), I can see the AI is so in-aggressiveness. Most factions are so in love with me and want to ally with me, one offered to be a puppet state (Dacia), and above all. I can't seem to find any full stack armies on the map. In fact there isn't even to many armies.

The only challenge so far is of management nature. Managing finances, food, political intrigues and public order.

Can anyone comments on AI military aggressiveness? Is this intended?
    Great mountains vanish but mighty warriors not;
    Press on your molars;
    Offer god your skull;
    Pin your foot into ground;
    Behold opposing flanks but disregard their breadth;
    And know that victory comes from the All Mighty.
    ---Ali bin Abi Taleb (599-661 AD)
    ---After entrusting his son with a battle standard

Default Re: Where are all the armies?

A dormant CAI aggressiveness mechanic was reactivated in today's update. It has not been tested yet and whether it will be kept depends wholly on player feedback. As I understand it, the mechanic makes the AI gradually more aggressive over time towards expansionist player empires. There is an imperium threshold before it kicks in, so as Rome it will start mounting after a few more regions are occupied. We'll see how it works out in effect, but I believe this might partially make late game more focused on armies than it is currently
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Wow, that's amazing. Cant wait to try it.

I assume starting a new campaign would be best, to compare and observe.

This would apply to all playable factions doesn't it? I started my first campaign as Macedon and I'd like to keep going as Macedon.

Thanks for all the great work.
    Great mountains vanish but mighty warriors not;
    Press on your molars;
    Offer god your skull;
    Pin your foot into ground;
    Behold opposing flanks but disregard their breadth;
    And know that victory comes from the All Mighty.
    ---Ali bin Abi Taleb (599-661 AD)
    ---After entrusting his son with a battle standard

That should be fine, yes.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.