Thread: Join the Team

Default Join the Team

Hi again community. Ancient Empires recently hit the 25,000 subscriber mark on Steam and keeps growing in size and scope. Thank you to everybody who made this possible!

With these encouraging news, I would like to urge members of this community to consider helping us with this behemoth of a project. Our team has always been small, but over the last year we've been operating on an all-time minimum. For myself, and certainly the other members tirelessly working on this, this is starting to feel. Ultimately, what Ancient Empires needs is more talent to bolster the ranks of hard-working individuals.

Are you or do you know someone who takes interest in the project with any of these skills?

• Scripting: A person with experience in creating complex mechanics for Attila, Rome II or Warhammer. Our ambitions in this area are held back by lack of time and know-how in the team. The key features you will be working with are 1) a manpower system and 2) reworking agents in the game
    • 2D Artwork: You have previous experience in doing 2D artwork for other Total War modifications. Your responsibilities center around improving the quality of the existing UI and create new icons and artwork to factions that are still under development
    • Database Editing: You have extensive experience with database modding in areas such as units, buildings and factions in this or other TW iterations. You feel confident processing large tasks with efficiency. You are also able to communicate with the community in resolving bugs or adopting suggestions.

In addition to any of the skills above, you enjoy working independently and actively partake in discussions to accomplish project goals efficiently. You are also able to balance time between modding and real life obligations.

Help us get the word out. We are dedicated towards supporting this project for a long time ahead, but as much as that holds true we're also approaching a point where time or learning curves are impeding progress, making larger undertakings unfeasible due to a small team. Do you have knowledge in any of above modding areas or know someone else who might? Let us know!

Hell. Let's ask the chliché question. How far will you go - for Rome?

AE Team
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

1.Spear's Avatar Civis
    Teutoburge Forest is right around the corner

Default Re: Join the Team

I don´t know if I would be helpful but I did some icons in the past. Like this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-WOS-Campaign
    That´s all I could do because I am no modder and did it in my rare spare time (working class and head of a family).
    So let me know if you think I could do something for this great mod.

They look high quality. I like the clean style you went for

Is your schedule free enough that you can spend some time each week working on small UI projects? Commitment and result are both important here

1.Spear's Avatar Civis
    Teutoburge Forest is right around the corner

I am ready to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1.Spear View Post
    I am ready to go!!!
    Sweet! Drop me a pm with your email adress. I'll invite you to our Slack board

Hello,

My name is Fred F. and I would like to contribute if i can help.
    I have some experience in editing database (pack file manager) and manipulation of data. i work on tsv or csv file formats after export and reimport when its done, i add/modify/delete with powerfull regular expressions which provide massive updates with a single command , editor notepad++, sometime with AWK, SED, PYTHON to perform other tasks when regular expressions are useless.

Best regards

In the past i have done a little submod for Rome Total war RSII mod, for my personal use.
    And more recently i have played to change unit cards and some other little things.
    [IMG]//c1.staticflickr.com/6/5448/9382544198_b15e805b1c_z.jpg[/IMG]