Thread: Using ancilliaries to change unit model

Default Using ancilliaries to change unit model

I was hoping to add a series of items to a custom lord which would change their agent uniform and land unit variant when equipped. The idea being that the character's appearance would change as they level up and unlock the new ancillaries (e.g. go from a norscan shaman-sorcerer to a chaos sorcerer to chaos sorcerer lord to a lord of change eventually). Is a complete model change possible through ancillaries (I'm thinking if the ancillary type was armour this could achieve the norscan shaman-sorcerer to a chaos sorcerer to chaos sorcerer lord but unsure how I would go about changing the character model to that of a lord of change?

Sorry the question is quite poorly worded!

Default Re: Using ancilliaries to change unit model

I think Mixu's legendary lords mod has something like that via mounts. You should take a look at his mods in PFM to find out how he does it. That approach works for me.

Default Re: Using ancilliaries to change unit model

Gonna necro this one here because i am also looking for answers to this question.

Seems like Mixu has done something like this with his legendary lord "Daith". He is a wood elf that starts with sword and shield, but can be made to use a 2h sword through his skills.