Thread: Army Caps?

Icon1 Army Caps?

So new to DEI and enjoying it very much...however there are so many discussions that I get lost in it. My very noob question is this: Are the caps for Armies the same as Vanilla? I believe in Vanilla at highest Imperium level you could field 16 or 18 Armies total and a bunch of navies. Or is it different in DEI?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Army Caps?

Welcome to the mod and the forum.
    I can suggest getting accustomed to the forum search tool as this may help you to find the answer to some of your questions. Likewise you can read our manual thread to learn more of the features of the mod.

And now to your question. I would suggest to fire up the mod, play a couple of turns and read the UI pop-ups and such. You can get a lot of info from that and will avoid us answering questions already explained in the game itself. For instance. If you fire up with the mod you will be able to see that there are army and agent caps tied to your Imperium level just like in vanilla.
    Please do your best to find an answer before posting it as an entirely new thread on the forum.

Spleen999's Avatar Foederatus

Good luck with the search tool..

I think army/ fleet cap is listed under summary when you click the faction button. Might be lower than you were expecting!

You dont need luck. I have been able to answer several user questions using the search tool, locating older posts and threads regarding the exact same thing in a matter of minutes.
    Its not perfect but it can be of help. Sadly only a few people will actually put in an effort in searching for answers themselves before asking.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

To simply answer your question the army cap is quite low like vanilla, I think around 18 armies at highest imperium. However, you can quite simply edit it in the fame_tables of part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    To simply answer your question the army cap is quite low like vanilla, I think around 18 armies at highest imperium. However, you can quite simply edit it in the fame_tables of part 1.
    What tool do you use to edit these tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Olmsted View Post
    What tool do you use to edit these tables?
    Download the PackFile Manager for Warhammer II. It will allow you to open up the DeI files located in your data folder of Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Download the PackFile Manager for Warhammer II. It will allow you to open up the DeI files located in your data folder of Rome 2

Thanks!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    Do you know if you can change it just for the player? I really want to play as Rome but with a bunch more smaller armies. Really get that feeling of fighting a "barbarian horde" sometimes.

Hmm, I did edit the frames table with pack manager and my changes did not show up in game for Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Hey guys I have a problem. I was just playing my Grand Campaign as Rome, looted Cirta and opene the event messages to check what tech I just researched when the game crashed. The problem now is that the mod won't be loaded, but the game shows up as vanilla instead. What can I do?
    Please follow step 6 from the opening post and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    How should I configure AA from my GPU panel? I have a bunch of AA options (NVIDIA): AA configuration, FXAA, mode, gamma correction and transparency. There are also a bunch of other options, would tweaking any of this improve the glittering problem, or improve graphics in general?
    You could check the opening post and the various posts in this thread. I'm currently on my phone so I cant post you details.
    Now for the AA part. just open your NVIDIA panel,manage 3Dsettings/use Rome 2 exe. from Program settings/Anti Aliasing mode/Override any application setting/ use 4x/I wouldn't recommend anything above that.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 14, 2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by XCWLoki View Post
    Hmm, I did edit the frames table with pack manager and my changes did not show up in game for Rome.
    Where and how did you do it?
    Dont ever do the changes directly in the DeI files. Create a New pack and import the fame tables. Do your changes and name the new pack so it will alphabetically load higher than DeI.

Where and how did you do it?
    Dont ever do the changes directly in the DeI files. Create a New pack and import the fame tables. Do your changes and name the new pack so it will alphabetically load higher than DeI.

Ahhh, well the above poster said that you could "simply edit it in the fame_tables of part 1." Which is what I did.

I wouldn't know how to create a new pack and import anything. :-/

Ahhh, well the above poster said that you could "simply edit it in the fame_tables of part 1." Which is what I did.

I wouldn't know how to create a new pack and import anything. :-/
    Its quite simple. Just open PFM and in the tool bar select new and then import the fame table from part 1 of DeI. The editing itself is the same

Its quite simple. Just open PFM and in the tool bar select new and then import the fame table from part 1 of DeI. The editing itself is the same

I did it, I was able to select it at the mod in the startup, and now the limit is 2. I shouldn't have messed with anything...

I did it, I was able to select it at the mod in the startup, and now the limit is 2. I shouldn't have messed with anything...
    If you fear to have altered anything in the main mod. Just redownload it.

Thanks after a clean scrubbing I got it to work.

XCWLoki, try this way.
    New mod. Save as "@@@@@@@@_insert mod name_". Add from pack - select "deipart1". Add needed table "fame_level" (?). Rename table, ex. @fame_level. Change needed rows. Delete all other rows. Save. Sadly Magnar tutorial doesn't talk about fragmentation tables in first lessons, so i had similar problems when tried to mod.