Thread: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET Alternative Cut

Default Call Of Warhammer - BOTET Alternative Cut

I worked on this secret project for a few months with the help of Whiff overseeing the project and Ryu from the Discord digging in all the official lore sources available along Games Workshop existence. It's an alternative version of BoTET, with the Empire unified as a faction, adding a bunch of new factions, units, heroes... I can't work anymore on the project so I left the current build in the hands of some guys interested in working on it. The most needed things are balancing the new stuff and setting the recruitment of units / buildings, but all the model work is done both in battle and strat models.

You shall find people already working in the mod in the #alt_cut channel of this Discord server: https://discord.gg/u7kQvfd

The factions available in this version are: Bretonnia, Kislev, Empire, Vampire Coast, Amazons, Halflings, City-States of Tilea, Kingdoms of Estalia, Sultanate of Araby, Beastmen, Clan Pestilens, Marienburg, Dukedom of Mousillon, Daemons of Chaos Warriors of Chaos, Norse, Black Orcs, Orcs & Goblins, Undead Legions, Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven, Savage Orcs, Night Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Lizardmen and Dwarfs.

Screenshots:

Last edited by kallaikoi; Yesterday at 06:37 PM.

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET Alternative Cut

{edited}
    Last edited by kallaikoi; Yesterday at 06:40 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Senator

Wow! This is awesome and exactly what I've been waiting for!

"In the shadow of the Eagle"
    A Napoleonic Adventure
    AND

A Cyberpunk Short Story
    By isa0005

Interesting addition. Thanks for trouble.

Is this your preferable version of COW, or you just wanted to add additional experience and option to it?

Could you please uploaded somewhere else, or use the torrent? Megaupload allows only 1.4 GB to be downloaded.
    Last edited by Mr. Blob; August 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Lizardmen heroes do not have assets in place. They are just in the battle model database as entry. This causes crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Lizardmen heroes do not have assets in place. They are just in the battle model database as entry. This causes crashes.
    Good catch, the people working in the mod already fixed that.

Could you please upload them, lizardmen hero models only, of course. I am working on your COW cut too. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Could you please upload them, lizardmen hero models only, of course. I am working on your COW cut too. Thanks in advance.
    I threw the files in the Discord channel I pointed out in the first post. Anyway you should meet these individuals, they are making the project advance steadily and all together could make it even faster. They are not a team, just some people that started working out the Alt-Cut together these days with the goal to make it playable and upload it publicly soon. The more hands the better. I'm personally helping them with whatever they need like those files.
    Last edited by kallaikoi; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.