Thread: The Scouring of The Shire?

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Icon5 The Scouring of The Shire?

Hi, first I have to say that I love this mod. It’s great!

I’m wondering if there is any event for the Scouring as the Bree faction where Lotho Sackville-Baggins take over and you ally with the evil powers and start to industrialize the green landscapes of Shire? I think this would be such an awesome feature.
    Last edited by Selerz; August 12, 2018 at 08:47 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The Scouring of The Shire?

Theres not.

Everyrhing about Bree and what scrips they have are found here
    https://youtu.be/f4foWjbL6cI

If I understand it correctly, it's more a suggestion than a question.

A event of such kind would be surly a nice idea. However, as you described it, always allying with the evil powers, would make no sense, especially if you also side with the Dunedain.

An alternative could be to alter the Bree choice script, so instead of becoming isolationist and siding with the mercs, you become evil by siding with Saruman. The effects would basically be the same: you get an economic boost through all the industry Saruman gives you but instead of gaining access to merc units, you get access to Isengard/Dunland units. And of course you get alliances with them and declare war on the "good" factions. The latter could make the game pretty hard, though.

Personally, the most tempting would be flavour texts prior to the choice giving a hint that you're currently being infiltrated: "Councilmaster, strange folk has been seen wandering up the Greenway lately. They say they're refugees from the war in the south and only want a save place to stay. But there's something fishy about them and the rangers see them as a threat. However, they bring armor and weapons to trade, and a bit of extra coin can't be a bad thing, can it? Would you rather reject them or offer them a place to stay?"

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Auerode View Post
    If I understand it correctly, it's more a suggestion than a question.

A event of such kind would be surly a nice idea. However, as you described it, always allying with the evil powers, would make no sense, especially if you also side with the Dunedain.

An alternative could be to alter the Bree choice script, so instead of becoming isolationist and siding with the mercs, you become evil by siding with Saruman. The effects would basically be the same: you get an economic boost through all the industry Saruman gives you but instead of gaining access to merc units, you get access to Isengard/Dunland units. And of course you get alliances with them and declare war on the "good" factions. The latter could make the game pretty hard, though.

Personally, the most tempting would be flavour texts prior to the choice giving a hint that you're currently being infiltrated: "Councilmaster, strange folk has been seen wandering up the Greenway lately. They say they're refugees from the war in the south and only want a save place to stay. But there's something fishy about them and the rangers see them as a threat. However, they bring armor and weapons to trade, and a bit of extra coin can't be a bad thing, can it? Would you rather reject them or offer them a place to stay?"
    Thank you, this is exactly what I meant and very good ideas. I’ll gladly help out to make this suggestion a reality, would make playing as Bree so much more interesting.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Evil Bree and Shire? Thats way out in left field. I mean come on hobbits murdering innocent people? The idea is way out there but IT might work if only the Shire rebels against you in you choose evil by either automatically becoming rebel or joining ND.
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; August 12, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Thank you, this is exactly what I meant and very good ideas. Ill gladly help out to make this suggestion a reality, would make playing as Bree so much more interesting.
    Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I am a guy who has many ideas but no modding skills. Maybe I will someday get into it, but at the moment I just don't have the time, so I just keep posting here.
    But if you are going to implement something like this, I wish you the very best!

Evil Bree and Shire? Thats way out in left field. I mean come on hobbits murdering innocent people? The idea is way out there but IT might work if only the Shire rebels against you in you choose evil by either automatically becoming rebel or joining ND.
    Ah I see how this could upset many people. I thought of it more in a way like Breeland and the shire are slowly infiltrated by agents of evil, always kept calm by Sarumans charming influence. So some day the hobbits find themselves forced to fight against those innocent people by their new evil masters and no one really knows how this could happen.
    Someone made a really good comment under Galu's latest Ar-Adunaim video, retelling a battle from the perspective of a drafted breelander. This is the kind of feel I was thinking about.
    Would the hobbits stand up against their masters? In the books the fellowship had to return and organize the uprising before anything happened... Could be an interesting element; maybe if the ring is destroyed the hobbits revolt.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Auerode View Post

At least Dunlendings and Half-Orc units along with some merc units and hobbit infantry in iron-armour.

can i just say that shire in 2.1 expands incredibly LOL
    They took all the coastal citys in mine campagne and they went to war with dunlandings and those tribe people and won in my campagne LOL