Thread: SAVEGAME PROBLEM

Default SAVEGAME PROBLEM

hi there! im looking for philip or anyone else in charge or a lot of knowledge about the mod

since the latest update, my income as rome droped from 15k in winter to -30k.. i didnt do anyhting just woke up, reload the save and see there: my campagne screwed.

im using the softcore submod

here is my savefile to check:

https://ufile.io/8fkmv

thx already

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: SAVEGAME PROBLEM

Thanks - this will help sort out cause and effect from the previous update.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Thank you! Will be looking into the causes first thing in the morning
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

hi phil! im happy to hear that. i hope you find a fix. im also not against any type of ideas for economy improvements

Having trouble to load the save file. Can you take screenshots instead? What I'm interested in is the economy breakdown and a picture of the details on one of your more profitable provinces. Cheers
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

those would be africa and then aquitania for me

as you can see i made it out of the 30k in winter, but only by sending all of my legions to raids.. (thats lame.. public order getting worse and worse that way obviously)

https://imgur.com/a/ofC5Zfm

ifyou need anything else or any other pictures just ask

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    those would be africa and then aquitania for me

as you can see i made it out of the 30k in winter, but only by sending all of my legions to raids.. (thats lame.. public order getting worse and worse that way obviously)

https://imgur.com/a/ofC5Zfm

ifyou need anything else or any other pictures just ask
    Can't comment on the impacts of the recent update, but a couple of obvious economy points spring to mind.

Firstly, Carthago and Burdigala both have maintenance costs higher than their income, so you should switch their city centre buildings to Independent. That has the lowest level of regional integration so should minimise the net losses those regions contribute. This is because regional integration reduces both income and maintenance.

Secondly, do the opposite for all the other regions, particularly Cirta and Avaricum. They have big positive net income so switch them to State if you can bear the native unrest. Either way, try to switch them away from Tribute if you can - this line not only reduces income through regional integration, but also has lower income for the capital building.

Switching all four of your Tribute lines to State will gain you an immediate 2,000 boost to income, and the higher unrest should be countered by switching the province capitals to Independent.

Hope that helps!

ok how am i supposed to recruit the legions and axuliary troops then..i mean those are the reaosn i downloaded that mod? this is starting to ruin my ing time. i hope they will someday fix all this y..its not an enjoyment anymore but feels like work. not looking for an entertainment source that stresses me out and leads to problems at the local household by rages

ok how am i supposed to recruit the legions and axuliary troops then..i mean those are the reaosn i downloaded that mod? this is starting to ruin my ing time. i hope they will someday fix all this y..its not an enjoyment anymore but feels like work. not looking for an entertainment source that stresses me out and leads to problems at the local household by rages
    Build Divided Assignments then a Military Colony. You can convert a level 2 farm into the required building to recruit legions in any city with a sufficiently high level city centre of the required type (State or Tribute chain IIRC).

but you need tribute, state or allie for the auxiliary cohorts

but you need tribute, state or allie for the auxiliary cohorts
    Yup. So build a level 3 State / Tribute city centre for the auxilia, then build Divided Assignments -> Military Colony in one of the building slots. That way you have both, and the colony has good food production so you don't need to worry as much about farms for the rest of the province.

thats what i always do. i still think im doing something wrong. you said i need the independed city centre for carthago and burdigala.. that way i cant recruit the important troops tho. and how is it supposed to help my financial problems when in fact that building recudes my income by the same amouth of what it reduces in maintanance.. i see no logic in that integration concept anyway.

and how is it supposed to help my financial problems when in fact that building recudes my income by the same amouth of what it reduces in maintanance.. i see no logic in that integration concept anyway.
    I too struggle with the concept of integration and how best to manage it. I would recommend that you not be in a rush (next game) to get to your Marian reforms. I did that because I wanted to test mechanics, not to have a "winning" game. I will not do it again. Instead I will research civil techs and build the economy using the manipular troops for conflicts until I reach a historically appropriate time for the reforms. This mod is built to force the player to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    I too struggle with the concept of integration and how best to manage it. I would recommend that you not be in a rush (next game) to get to your Marian reforms. I did that because I wanted to test mechanics, not to have a "winning" game. I will not do it again. Instead I will research civil techs and build the economy using the manipular troops for conflicts until I reach a historically appropriate time for the reforms. This mod is built to force the player to be patient.
    i alwas do aeveryhting historical apropriate as possible i am at 111 and are 1 turn before completing augustan reforms. i will stop it now and first research some more civile techs. the augustan reforms started 27 bc so i will wait until then and try to get an income of 100k per turn in summer and atleast 30k in winter. augustan legionaries and auxiliary cohorts are expensive as my man. i never noticed that most of my main cities are generating a minus actually and all the small cities are the ones generating my money. i also figured out having 1 consul, and 4 other state jobs secured gives you +tex and -corruption. i thought those numbers are to small since its around 2-5% but hell no these can make the diffrence. afte ri got one of my guys consul appointed my money went from 14k to 50k in summer :O

thats what i always do. i still think im doing something wrong. you said i need the independed city centre for carthago and burdigala.. that way i cant recruit the important troops tho. and how is it supposed to help my financial problems when in fact that building recudes my income by the same amouth of what it reduces in maintanance.. i see no logic in that integration concept anyway.
    You can recruit the troops across the whole province from only one building. So in Aquitania, for example, you can still recruit legions and auxilia from Avaricum where you have the military colony, even if Burdigala is set to independent.

The region integration mechanic is a bit confusing, but basically the higher it is the higher the gap between your income and maintenance.

If you have a region with income of 7,000 and expenses of 5,000, like you have in Avaricum, then with full integration (i.e. State L5), you will have profit of 2,000. If you have integration of -50% (i.e. Independent L3) you will lose 50% of income and 50% of expenses. So you will have 3,500 income and 2,500 expenses, and thus only 1,000 profit.

It works the other way round where income is lower than expenses. So Burdigala, with income around 5,500 and expenses 6,500 has a net cost of 1,000 under full integration. Under -50% integration, this cost would fall to -500.

It's not always a huge amount, and may not be worth spending huge amounts to switch building chain, but it's something to bear in mind when building in future. When planning a province I try to put all my buildings with high costs and no revenue (sanitation, libraries, military workshop, roads etc) in one settlement, usually the capital unless it has a valuable resource slot, and set that to Independent for lowest integration and cost. Then put all the money producing buildings (farms, forum, industry) in the other regions and set those to State for maximum integration and profit.

As a result, all my regions give a nice profit, even after expenses, and I hardly even go into negative income even when on campaign and in winter. That's in spite of being around 55 years behind your game, and probably less than half your size with my regions much less developed as a result.

but only carthage offers cohors afroricum. not cirta or hadramentum for instance. so actually certain cities bring unique units..cohors afroricum can only be build in a carthage tribute or state mainbuilding. well so i dont really want to change those certain cities to independent. there must be another way. i think they should change some stuff to actually make the high tier buildings worth anything because they seem like a necessary burden but yeah. important buildings shouldnt be that punishing. everyhtings way to punishing basically

but only carthage offers cohors afroricum. not cirta or hadramentum for instance. so actually certain cities bring unique units..cohors afroricum can only be build in a carthage tribute or state mainbuilding. well so i dont really want to change those certain cities to independent. there must be another way. i think they should change some stuff to actually make the high tier buildings worth anything because they seem like a necessary burden but yeah. important buildings shouldnt be that punishing. everyhtings way to punishing basically
    That's odd - I don't have access to Cohors Afroricum from Carthage, or indeed anywhere in Africa. Possibly because there's been a couple of updates since I started my campaign.

Regardless, it was only advice around the economy - you don't have to be rigid with putting specific buildings everywhere, I've just found my economy runs so much smoother when I am aware of the regional integration mechanic and use it to my advantage. I do make compromises in some regions when I need to have a recruitment building in place, even in a city with negative income.

I agree around improving the higher level city centre buildings. As it stands, unless you need to unlock a higher level building like a mint or forum then there is often no need to build a high level city centre - any extra income is often lost because you have to expand sanitation as well so I often stay at L2 for much of the game.

Although I disagree about changing it for all buildings - part of the strategy of the game is that you have to choose which buildings are worthwhile in which province. I don't want this mod to end up like vanilla, where you build everything everywhere without really needing to think about it because there is no maintenance. That just makes the economy boring in the end game as you have stupid amounts of money.

I prefer a necessary burden which you need to balance out with other buildings in order to stay in the black. That's much more like managing a real empire imo - even the Roman Empire at its largest extent had to balance its finances and consider what it could and couldn't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    You can recruit the troops across the whole province from only one building. So in Aquitania, for example, you can still recruit legions and auxilia from Avaricum where you have the military colony, even if Burdigala is set to independent.

The region integration mechanic is a bit confusing, but basically the higher it is the higher the gap between your income and maintenance.

If you have a region with income of 7,000 and expenses of 5,000, like you have in Avaricum, then with full integration (i.e. State L5), you will have profit of 2,000. If you have integration of -50% (i.e. Independent L3) you will lose 50% of income and 50% of expenses. So you will have 3,500 income and 2,500 expenses, and thus only 1,000 profit.

It works the other way round where income is lower than expenses. So Burdigala, with income around 5,500 and expenses 6,500 has a net cost of 1,000 under full integration. Under -50% integration, this cost would fall to -500.

It's not always a huge amount, and may not be worth spending huge amounts to switch building chain, but it's something to bear in mind when building in future. When planning a province I try to put all my buildings with high costs and no revenue (sanitation, libraries, military workshop, roads etc) in one settlement, usually the capital unless it has a valuable resource slot, and set that to Independent for lowest integration and cost. Then put all the money producing buildings (farms, forum, industry) in the other regions and set those to State for maximum integration and profit.

As a result, all my regions give a nice profit, even after expenses, and I hardly even go into negative income even when on campaign and in winter. That's in spite of being around 55 years behind your game, and probably less than half your size with my regions much less developed as a result.
    Very helpful explanation. Pretty much what I was thinking but so nice to see it broken down like that. Plus to reputation, Swarbs.

totally. thanks alot. you showed me a simple fact. there is no need for temples. the colonia with roman rights gives money plus the same latin influence like a temple. thats like a triple win compared to the temples. thx alot g. reloaded a save file around 20 rounds earlier and see there. my eco is 140k per turn now i only set 2 cities to independed tho and will change em back to tribute sinc ei found a way without independend settlements. it works out fantastically atleast for me

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Anyone having these issues, can you confirm you started a campaign on current build, and are using 4tpy or 2tpy?

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing