Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Estates of Perceval of Oakham

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Estates of Perceval of Oakham

"3500 it is." Mar says sighing. The expedtion had costhim dearly, but not nearlywhat it had cost Perceval. "I will arrange for the sum to be transfered after the wedding."

Maria li Bageard settled into her new home with some reluctance. Unlike her old home in Durslet she was far from the shores of england. She missed the smell of the sea air. Still she would make the best of this place. It was better then with the Welsh king. Those people had been little better than Barbarians.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Adelize, despite being in her early pregnancy, as the Queen's sister arrives at the doorsteps of Perceval's home with large retinue, for a royal is always surrounded by a flock of servants.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; August 20, 2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Maria li Bageard settled into her new home with some reluctance. Unlike her old home in Durslet she was far from the shores of england. She missed the smell of the sea air. Still she would make the best of this place. It was better then with the Welsh king. Those people had been little better than Barbarians.
    "I hope you're settling in well, my dear." Roger remarked to Maria by way of greeting, limping up to her on his cane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    Adelize, despite being in her early pregnancy, as the Queen's sister arrives at the doorsteps of Perceval's home with large retinue, for a royal is always surrounded by a flock of servants.
    She's welcomed into the hall of the Baron of Rutland. "Well this is an unexpected surprise, my lady." Roger greeted the Norman princess, "I've met your husband, though he said nothing about you when we first conversed. What brings you to Oakham?"

She puts on a forced smile, and turns to her new husband. She still new little of him. He had lived in Dursley for a time when she was younger some arrangement he had with her father. Still she did not know him well. "Well enough." She says, "How is your leg today?" She glances down at the mans lame leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    She's welcomed into the hall of the Baron of Rutland. "Well this is an unexpected surprise, my lady." Roger greeted the Norman princess, "I've met your husband, though he said nothing about you when we first conversed. What brings you to Oakham?"
    "Seigneur de Perceval"

Adelize said, raising a jewelled hand to be kissed. The princess was clad in rich yellow clothes, accentuating the pregnancy. She very much resembled her royal sister, the Queen, in appearance.

"We were not married at the time, but i heard from him you are his friend now, so i wanted to get to know his friends." Adelize was very curious with whom her husband dealt with to say.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

She puts on a forced smile, and turns to her new husband. She still new little of him. He had lived in Dursley for a time when she was younger some arrangement he had with her father. Still she did not know him well. "Well enough." She says, "How is your leg today?" She glances down at the mans lame leg.
    "Well enough." Perceval copied his wife's remark, a small smile on his own face. "Can you help me sit down?" He gestured with his chin towards the chair at the head of his table, a simple oaken thing.
    "Seigneur de Perceval"

Adelize said, raising a jewelled hand to be kissed. The princess was clad in rich yellow clothes, accentuating the pregnancy. She very much resembled her royal sister, the Queen, in appearance.

"We were not married at the time, but i heard from him you are his friend now, so i wanted to get to know his friends." Adelize was very curious with whom her husband dealt with to say.
    "His friend? I fear we've only met a few times on campaign, though he never gave me any cause for offense, which is well and good. You could call me his acquaintance, perhaps, until we get to know one another better." Roger laughed. "I've little to say about myself. I am the Earl of Nottingham's middle son, and baron over these lands. A meager possession compared to the vast estates of my father and brother, who you may have heard was made Earl of Northumbria recently. Of my brothers though, I was always the best at hitting boys and dummies with a stick. It's about the only way I can fight now, for obvious reasons."

Maria moves to ger husbands side and helps him to his chair. Before taking the nearby chair herself. "Is that better?" She asks. Before moving to the next topic. "What do you intend for the future? Far from court as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "His friend? I fear we've only met a few times on campaign, though he never gave me any cause for offense, which is well and good. You could call me his acquaintance, perhaps, until we get to know one another better." Roger laughed. "I've little to say about myself. I am the Earl of Nottingham's middle son, and baron over these lands. A meager possession compared to the vast estates of my father and brother, who you may have heard was made Earl of Northumbria recently. Of my brothers though, I was always the best at hitting boys and dummies with a stick. It's about the only way I can fight now, for obvious reasons."
    "Oh, poor man."

She smiled sympathetically, perhaps a little concerned. Walter had informed her beforehand of course.

"Have you considered to go to court? My husband rarely leaves court these days, so immersed he is in his duties as the lord chamberlain."

How ironically that Walter was always busy doing his duties for the king but did not had the heart to perform his marital duties, unless forced to do so by herself. Though even that proved to be problematic most of times....
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Maria moves to ger husbands side and helps him to his chair. Before taking the nearby chair herself. "Is that better?" She asks. Before moving to the next topic. "What do you intend for the future? Far from court as we are.
    "Thank you. Now, as for what I intend for the future...right now? Not much, to be honest. As I should be, for all marriages should start with honesty/" Perceval admitted with a grunt. "Our tenants had to head home not long after the defeat in Wales. It'll be some time before I can call them up again. In the meantime, my brother has advanced beyond me by leaps and bounds. Earl of Northumbria, now...only William, our youngest, is still without land."
    "Oh, poor man."

She smiled sympathetically, perhaps a little concerned. Walter had informed her beforehand of course.

"Have you considered to go to court? My husband rarely leaves court these days, so immersed he is in his duties as the lord chamberlain."

How ironically that Walter was always busy doing his duties for the king but did not had the heart to perform his marital duties, unless forced to do so by herself. Though even that proved to be problematic most of times....
    "Can't say I have, milady." Roger said with a shrug. "Just haven't had any reason to." As far as Roger knew, men went to court for two reasons: either to live it up at the King's expense, or to beg him for favors. He had no need of either at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12