Thread: About the animation of the halberd

Libertus

Default About the animation of the halberd

Hello, I was playing Rome 2 when I noticed that the mele weapon of the Elite persian archers is like a shot pike with more flexibillity and has it's own animation and i was thinking if that animation could replace the pike animation used actually for the halberd unit ?

Thank for your answer

Default Re: About the animation of the halberd

Is there anything wrong with the halberd animation MKTW uses, which that Rome 2 bow-2h spear animation does better?

Libertus

The pike animation is a really good one for the halberd but the double spear one offer more variations
    for exemple it use part of the pike animation
    but it has new form of attack good for the halberd
    and new killmove

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm turning up a bit late to this, but I have to say, after taking a look at it ingame, I agree with the OP - the elite Persian archer animations for using their spears, look absolutely amazing, and I think they would fit a unit of halberdiers or billmen quite well.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

I must straighten some things first: We're not using pike animation for the Halberds, we use 2h spear animations instead. Both animation table, the Attila 2h spear-bow and Rome 2 bow_spear in fact uses the identical 2 handed spear animation fragments with the animation used by Rome 2's Elite Persian Archers. Elite Persian Archers may looks better because they don't fight in formation, as in they don't have Pikewall formation, thus fight loosely with more animations. Our Halberdiers in another hand fight in-formation. Maybe try comparing by using our Halberdiers not in formation with in formation?

We do have a long polearm animation fragment consisting of 2h spear animations mixed with 1h spear kill animations and falx animations, but its only used by several long polearm units.