Thread: Mod progress now the new DLC has been released.

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Default Mod progress now the new DLC has been released.

Hey y’all, now that the new DLC and patches have been released are y’all going to start back up on modding the campaign, strpos, etc. or will y’all continue to hold off on modding those until you are sure CA is no longer releasing content?

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Default Re: Mod progress now the new DLC has been released.

I don't want to speak out of turn, but the modding never really stopped in VV. It's only that priorities on what is being worked on have shifted. I'll let others say more if they want to.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

We wont really work on startpos campaign muchnow until the rosters are finished and then see what CA has planned. Roster work hasn't really stopped so as skotos has said, progress hasnt stopped.

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

That is good news. Does that mean once the rosters are completed you guys will be releasing an update? When talking to M@ximus he stated that you guys weren’t going to release anything until you can update the campaign and strtpos because a lot of the roster/faction updates have to do with population and the like which only can be used in the campaign. Will this mean we will finally see an update or are y’all still planning on only releasing content once you have updated the campaign and rosters?

Master, the update will be released when both campaign and rosters are ready, as i told you above. We don't want to release something half-finished.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Would be nice to be graced with an occasional preview.

Will do when we are closer to release. Making previews months before the mod's release i think it's pointless.

That's fair enough, of course. I do get it. It's just that this mod is in the top 3 of Rome 2 'big' overhauls and I think there is a big appetite for peaks behind the curtain, especially now with a lot of people returning to R2 since the 2018 updates went into effect. Your amazing Seleucid preview from 2017 got a lot of eyeballs on the mod and really got people wondering if they'd see more of this type of content pop up. People love previews, though they do prompt the inevitable question about release dates. At the same time, lack of previews prompt threads like this. I can see pros and cons for either approach. All the same, we'll just keep checking the OP for progress reports. Thanks guys.

Thanks for your kind words friend! Yes there are both pros and cons for either approach, you re right, though we decide what i told you above. Rest assured though, that progress never stoped till then (in fact so much has been done that mekes the Seleucid preview looks like a drop in the ocean) and will not stop. I think that we are not far from when we will start our previews.

No problem., Thanks for the feedback!I'm sure we'll all be anxiously waiting for upcoming previews and the upcoming full release. Thanks guys! May the TW gods be with you.