Thread: Star Trek with Picard comming back

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Icon6 Star Trek with Picard comming back

Just as the title says. Here is the info from the man himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ul40pndDU

For me its a great news , but im sure there are people who would disagree.

The way Sir Patrick Stewart describes this new Picard and series as being so different makes me just hoping for not the kind of different that the Discovery is doing.

We will see, hopefully sooner than later.

What you people think, have you heard the news before youve seen this post? What you think about all this?

Default Re: Star Trek with Picard comming back

From his description it sounds like it's gonna blow. Call me cynical. "Picard is back but he's a changed man! So many years and experiences are weighing down on him! All the trauma of years past have warped his world view! Maybe he's not even a captain anymore! Who knows! IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE--"

Seems like the trendy thing today is
    1. Take nostalgic content
    2. ????
    3. Profit

Step 2 is all too literal because the writers don't know how to recreate the characters, so it'll be Picard in name and actor only. Get ready for numerous "Hey. HEY! Remember THIS THING from the original TNG?? HOW COOL IS THAT THERE'S A REFERENCE TO IT IN THIS SHOW" /rant

Yeah that's a hot take. At least my expectations can only improve. Prove me wrong Picard.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Announcement: we're so low on creativity that we've decided to bring Picard back, but because of our lack of creativity we have no idea what to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Announcement: we're so low on creativity that we've decided to bring Picard back, but because of our lack of creativity we have no idea what to do with him.
    episode 1: Picard and his prosthate exam
    episode 2: Picard finally gets his new hip
    episode 3: Picard is on the hunt for parking offenders

please stop milking Star Wars/ Trek and invent sth new. Thank you.

Picard was awesome, but this won't end well...

On the other hand, there's no talk of bringing The Boy back, so you never know...
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 15, 2018 at 01:29 PM.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Another pitch not on video:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sta...ss-1202895410/

I am not certain I read this correctly, but are we talking about episodes via subscription streaming and not over the air transmissions on CBS affiliates?

From wiki:
    In September 2017, Star Trek Discovery debuted on streaming on CBS, and they also recorded record number of sign-ups after this.[18] The records where the greatest number of single day, week, and monthly sign-up records since the streaming network's inception.[18] They reported the previous single-day record was held by the 2017 Grammy award ceremony coverage.[18] CBS was noted as harnessing the Star trek fan-base which were noted as willing to get the service just to see the series.[19]
    Buoyed by Star Trek Discovery CBS All Access reached over 2 million subscribers by early 2018, with the 60th Annual Grammy Awards also providing a boost to Cell App watchers.[1] The 60th Grammys in January 2018 resulted in the 2nd biggest day for sign-ups after the Discovery premier.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_All_Access

I wish them luck. New technology will produce some new winners, but the road side will also be littered with the dead mistakes.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Last edited by paleologos; August 16, 2018 at 04:34 AM.

Then we find out Will Wheaton is bringing Wesley back......

Honestly, they should let TNG be, just as they should have not messed with the TOS timelines, both in the reboots and in Discovery...is there such a dearth of good ideas that they need to constantly rehash everything? Apart from Mad Max Fury Road, i haven't seen a single well made reboot...look at what has been done to star wars (did anyone even see solo?), and now the profit hungry execs are going to slaughter Picard, what a shame. The way forward is to consult fans and other dedicated followers of Star Trek, the best concept i've ever seen for a new Star Trek series is the fan produced "Axanar", which was torpedoed by the corporate owners so as not to compete with crap like discovery...oh well, money rules today, so what can be expected.