Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit size change

Default Unit size change

Hey there,

[Has been settled: After I checked my old campaign and the new campaign in 1.0.3g I found out that the unit size has been changed. Even with setting it to ultra the unit size stays at f.e. 202 princeps instead of 240. I read something about it anywhere but I couldn't find the thread anymore. Can I change it to 240 again?]

Edit: Found it: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...1957322124683/

New question: Could somebody make a submod with the old unit size?
    Last edited by Nihahs; August 09, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Default Re: Unit size change

Nobody? I'd love to play with the old unit sizes again

I'm sure I could do that
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I would love you forever if you could make it real. I mean, really love you. Like candle light dinner love Thank you for your effort

Why was the unit size changed? Also, I saw a couple of other factions still with 240 so was it an anti Rome balancing thing?

If I remember correctly I've read something about performance optimization and that many players can't play big battles because of the huge unit scale (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's odd. Those people should probably have lowered their unit sizes.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Anyone taking up the task for this? Seems like its calmed down on the updates for awhile. Surprised there is no sub-mob yet

Petellius said he could do it. I think he will do us the favor as soon as he has time for it At least i hope so

Ehhhhhh. Yeah I'm not really modding anymore :/

But it's pretty simple just go into the main units table and change the unit size and max number of soldiers per ship. Oh and number of mounts in land units for cav. You can sir the units by size as well so its pretty quick

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...2124683/?ctp=2

snowyussr posted a link (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...d=root&o=OneUp) where he tried to modify the unit size. I tried it but it didn't work for me. Maybe I forget something. I'll try it again at the weekend when I have more than five minutes to try it.

I'm still waiting for that update..and it's been almost a month since the last update..
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Ehhhhhh. Yeah I'm not really modding anymore :/
    Back to school?

Nihahs it is actually as easy to do as Petellius says in changing the actual numbers. Use PFM to change the unit counts and like he said don't forget to change those mount numbers if you change the number of cavalry soldiers to match. With every update I have had to change those numbers back to before they were lowered. Mine are usually 300 for regular legion cohorts, 400 for eagle cohorts, and 100 for cavalry.(all for Rome, but obviously can be used for any faction including aux troops) If you forget to change the mount numbers to match, the game will crash.(been there done that)

Or they might have no horses/two riders per horse

After a long time abstinence of AE because of my studies I found some time and this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDWXDLuEaQ. I opened the @@e_001_ancient_empires_main_units_sizes.pack file via pfm and found the main unit table files. The unit size is fine, like 240/300 per unit but ingame it's 200. I know the question is a bit late but how is the possible?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

If you've changed all the values in main_units_tables idk why it wouldn't show up in campaign.

@@e_001_ancient_empires_main_units_sizes.pack isn't the name of the main AE pack file though, it should be @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1. Download the latest version and try again.

There is another way of doing it which is less tedious however...

Save your campaign before you end the first turn and open that save with SaveParser. Once you've opened it, in the 'Parser' tab go to 'Display table: faction' then right click on the table and click 'open in EditSF'. Once you've done that go to 'CAMPAIGN_SETUP' -> 'CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS' and change second value from the top (which should be 1) to 1.2 (for units that are 200 men to be 240) or 1.5 (for them to be 300) then save the file.

All starting units will be unchanged, though you can edit this in SaveParser by going to 'Display table: unit' and selecting the faction, though that'll take ages for every faction.

You can do this at any point in the campaign but any units that already exist will be unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    If you've changed all the values in main_units_tables idk why it wouldn't show up in campaign.

@@e_001_ancient_empires_main_units_sizes.pack isn't the name of the main AE pack file though, it should be @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1. Download the latest version and try again.
    I deinstalled and installed the game and the mod again and it worked perfectly. Now the package file name is correct Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by XLegion View Post
    Use PFM to change the unit counts and like he said don't forget to change those mount numbers if you change the number of cavalry soldiers to match.
    With the long weekend i finally have some time to play again. I changed the unit size of cavalry in the main_unit_tables x=1,2. But I don't know which number of horses is correct in land_unit_tables, because the number of animals are standard 0.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, didn't see it
    Last edited by Nihahs; October 31, 2019 at 04:39 PM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

The column is "num_mounts" ot "num_animals"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast