Thread: Help with Pontus

Icon10 Help with Pontus

So I'm really enjoying the mod so far, and after a couple bad starts I think I've finally got it down with Pontus. However I've got a few problems with stuff I cant figure out. The first being building temples, in that I cannot build them at all. I didn't even realize that it was possible to build temples until I captured a settlement that already had a temple in and was able to convert it to my culture. I've got an empty building slot but there is no option to build a temple??? Also in the building browser nothing appears under: Religon- Temples.

The second is how culture works. I have a province which I own 2 of the settlements, my two main province buildings gives me 1+ and 2+ Pontic influence, but when I go onto the province details page then hover over the Pontic Culture Details, the influence breakdown shows: Culture 2, Edicts & Events 3. Is this just not working atm, because that just doesn't seem right?

Then finally would someone be able to explain what state influence does? Will having a building that gives 1+ State Influence increase my Pontic influence? Because it doesn't seem to...

Cheers!

Default Re: Help with Pontus

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    So I'm really enjoying the mod so far, and after a couple bad starts I think I've finally got it down with Pontus. However I've got a few problems with stuff I cant figure out. The first being building temples, in that I cannot build them at all. I didn't even realize that it was possible to build temples until I captured a settlement that already had a temple in and was able to convert it to my culture. I've got an empty building slot but there is no option to build a temple??? Also in the building browser nothing appears under: Religon- Temples.
    This is fixed in the next update.

Concerning culture, state influence = state culture. Some buildings like mercantile ports do lower state culture, but the majority increase it. It's possible that the cultural breakdown in your example has influence added under the 'wrong' category, but if you sum up the influence from all sources (faction trait, province, governors) I think you should end up with 5 cultural influence from Culture and Edicts & Events combined.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I always wondered how much % of cultural influence is one state influence? Is +1 State influence +0,1 % state influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    This is fixed in the next update.
    Awesome! Is this just a problem with Pontus or everybody? Also any word when that will be?

Ooh OK I get you, yeah I guess some of it comes in under the wrong category, but when you include state influence + gov influence it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihahs View Post
    I always wondered how much % of cultural influence is one state influence? Is +1 State influence +0,1 % state influence?
    Influences are simply weighted against each other. For example, if a province has 25 Italian influence, 15 Greek influence and 10 Latin influence, the combined influences in that province amounts to 50. The fraction of influence a particular culture holds to the total influence points (50) determines the per-centage influence they will wield eventually, as culture drifts towards the ideal values. In the example, Italian influence is 25/50 = 50%. Therefore, regardless of what the per-centage of Italian influence is at currently, it will drift towards 50%. Greek influence will drift towards 30%, and so on. The more the current percentage deviates from the ideal amount - e.g. if Italians have 10% influence out of the 50% they will eventually grow to - the faster conversion will take place

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Awesome! Is this just a problem with Pontus or everybody? Also any word when that will be?

Ooh OK I get you, yeah I guess some of it comes in under the wrong category, but when you include state influence + gov influence it does work.
    Just Pontus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Influences are simply weighted against each other. For example, if a province has 25 Italian influence, 15 Greek influence and 10 Latin influence, the combined influences in that province amounts to 50. The fraction of influence a particular culture holds to the total influence points (50) determines the per-centage influence they will wield eventually, as culture drifts towards the ideal values. In the example, Italian influence is 25/50 = 50%. Therefore, regardless of what the per-centage of Italian influence is at currently, it will drift towards 50%. Greek influence will drift towards 30%, and so on. The more the current percentage deviates from the ideal amount - e.g. if Italians have 10% influence out of the 50% they will eventually grow to - the faster conversion will take place
    Got it. Thanks! Can I use your answer for my How to ... the Romans Tutorial when I update it next time?

of course you can
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Pontus can build temples in the new update. And lots of other goodies added

nice
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*