Thread: Finally, the movie everyone on earth has been waiting for. Slenderman :)

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Finally, the movie everyone on earth has been waiting for. Slenderman :)

It seems that it may be a massive flop. Going by youtube comments, the trailer videos are filled with the line: "the most anticipated movie of 2012" and similar.

Still, it is to reach (US) cinemas two days from now, so i guess we will soon know if it was worth anything.

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Default Re: Finally, the movie everyone on earth has been waiting for. Slenderman :)

The game is a lot scarier tbh.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Finally, the movie everyone on earth has been waiting for. Slenderman :)

I'm feeling slender already!

Seriously, though, that seemed like a hot piece of garbage to me. I was definitely underwhelmed by the trailer. If you're looking for a good horror movie that is basically brand new, I would suggest A Quiet Place starring John Krasinski and Emily Blunt about blind aliens/creatures who kill anything that makes noise due to their ultra-sensitive hearing, bringing about a near apocalypse for mankind spare scattered survivors around the Earth. The movie is a real nail-biter when you consider all the moments in life where you basically have to make noise. For instance, a woman giving birth. God that was hard to watch.

^I have seen that. The start was very nice (particularly the first attack by the monster), but imo it became less good as it went on, and the ending was rather bad ^_^
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Didn't see quite place. Premise looked a bit weak I can whisper all I want and lurk around my house trying to sneak into my kid's room to play tooth fairy but my cats are effortlessly more quite following me around.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

In my view another issue was how (in A quiet place) the monsters had a rather bizarre weakness. We aren't even told why they (other than when weakened) had full steel armor. Even so, though, one would have to assume that at least some bunkers would have been easy to keep secure from a few monsters made of steel, so it wouldn't have been apocalypse on quite this level
    Other than that... as noted, the actual ending was cheesy

Anyone seen it?
    I think it could hardly be any worse
    Ok, they should have made a Slenderman film years ago, but that isn't all that doomed this movie. It has nothing interesting, and presents the most ridiculous plot in regards to how the teens got into contact with Slenderman (an online video).

GG Slenderman

m feeling slender already!

Seriously, though, that seemed like a hot piece of garbage to me. I was definitely underwhelmed by the trailer. If you're looking for a good horror movie that is basically brand new, I would suggest A Quiet Place starring John Krasinski and Emily Blunt about blind aliens/creatures who kill anything that makes noise due to their ultra-sensitive hearing, bringing about a near apocalypse for mankind spare scattered survivors around the Earth. The movie is a real nail-biter when you consider all the moments in life where you basically have to make noise. For instance, a woman giving birth. God that was hard to watch.
    If im not mistaken was directed By John Krasinski as well.
    Jim from the office has grown man!!

I enjoyed the film. Even if it has some issues.