Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Saudis bravely struggle against Canadian imperialism

Default Re: Saudis bravely struggle against Canadian imperialism

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    And 2009, the unemployment rate was better than 50 years before? How come it is supposed to be now btw?
    I don't understand your question. In 2009 the unemployment rate hit 10% in October. In 1949 it hit 7.9 (again October) (there was an 11 month recession in 1949 (Nov 48-Oct 49)).

swabian's Avatar Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I don't understand your question. In 2009 the unemployment rate hit 10% in October. In 1949 it hit 7.9 (again October) (there was an 11 month recession in 1949 (Nov 48-Oct 49)).
    I said that the current unemployment rate was the lowest since 50 years. Now, i don't know if it is since 2012 or just now. But you said, it was like that since 2009. Then you said, that the economy recovered slowly until 2012. You don't see any contradiction here?

I said that the current unemployment rate was the lowest since 50 years. Now, i don't know if it is since 2012 or just now. But you said, it was like that since 2009. Then you said, that the economy recovered slowly until 2012. You don't see any contradiction here?
    I did not say anything like that at all. I responded to Harith's assertion "that the current economic recovery did not happen suddenly under Trump, but was a result of continued trend started under the Obama administration since 2012 (I think)". The economic recovery began in June 2009. The recovery has been slow however. I did not say it was slow since 2012. I did not say anything about 2012 (except in reply to Harith).
    So again, I'm not sure what exactly you are asking.
    Then again, I have not slept in two days (the joys of insomnia) so I may be missing something. I see that I was subtracting incorrectly earlier. 2009-50 is 1959. the unemployment rate varied between 5 and 6% that year. The unemployment had lows of 3.4 in 68 and 69.
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 07, 2018 at 10:56 PM.

swabian's Avatar Suspended

I don't believe that US-Americans could have known that since 2009. Your illogical BS above is only an indicator that reassures me thereby.

I don't believe that US-Americans could have known that since 2009. Your illogical BS above is only an indicator that reassures me thereby.
    What are you talking about? What don't you believe US-Americans could have known since 2009? What illogical BS?

Do you understand that when you first replied to me, I was not addressing anything you said, I was addressing Harith's comment about 2012?
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 07, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Clearly the aftermath leading to centuries of Pax Romana speaks of the opposite
    Again JC killed by his own side (after a civil war) not much uniting and Vercingetorix would differ on who was foreign horde. Just admit you have a bad example.

Is that an advice coming from your personal experience of sorts? I don't see what that has to do with making fun of neoliberal propaganda hit-piece fear-mongering about "far-right".
    It was a shot in dark because I either missed the link or you failed to actually cite it typically. But given habit of simply asserting things or linking to outright fabrication, I was making a guess that you generally fail to do critical research.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Again JC killed by his own side (after a civil war) not much uniting and Vercingetorix would differ on who was foreign horde. Just admit you have a bad example.
    Again, result of his actions being literal centuries of Rome dominating the civilized world.
    It was a shot in dark because I either missed the link or you failed to actually cite it typically. But given habit of simply asserting things or linking to outright fabrication, I was making a guess that you generally fail to do critical research.
    Um, the link to the article is on the same page as my post. Seems like you should probably bother to read into context before embarrassing yourself with such a reply.
    By means of ever more effective methods of mind-manipulation, the democracies will change their nature; the quaint old forms -- elections, parliaments, Supreme Courts and all the rest -- will remain. The underlying substance will be a new kind of non-violent totalitarianism. All the traditional names, all the hallowed slogans will remain exactly what they were in the good old days. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial [...]. Meanwhile the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit.
    -
    Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited, 1958

Has the liberal press taken a side on this? They love prostituting themselves and their wives to Saudis but they also love Trudeau's virtue signaling.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Again, result of his actions being literal centuries of Rome dominating the civilized world.
    Not really he failed just admit you picked the wrong guy. You meant to say Octavian. But you might consider what Tacitus though about the 'peace of rome' but maybe he was just fake news.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6