Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I can't remember now about that replenishment effect, i'll check and report.

female_character_culture_details_tables for me is fine,
    check here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Thread/page5
    open master_schema with some browser, copy and paste Dresden's update at the very bottom before /schema, if I remember correctly.
    Do a backup of master_schema btw
    Not work. In the link it's obvious the Dresden update not point to any female_character.....tables...PFM see them but can't view inside them; tables are in red.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

That replenish effect was tied to food . Beta 1 version had it.
    In normal game it is like double replenish. 100 men per turn if you have +5 surplus of food.
    Everything is working but I do not have female generals.
    Replenish is fine on my side . Steady 19-21 on normal general (hardcore mod - low replenish). 5-11 on screwed ones

Currently having 0.4 it should go higher . One men more is 0.5 step
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 18, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    Not work. In the link it's obvious the Dresden update not point to any female_character.....tables...PFM see them but can't view inside them; tables are in red.
    Did you update from here too? https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/
    Then add those Dresden's lines
    For me every female db is ok

@ Sonny: yeah, for sure those values are too low, didn't change them after erasing that effect

Did you update from here too? https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/
    Then add those Dresden's lines
    For me every female db is ok
    No, it don't work. I have latest 112 schema and all Dresden updates. But the updates are before RotR release, no updated schemas. Probably you open female db with Assembly kit. With PFM all female db are red....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    That replenish effect was tied to food . Beta 1 version had it.
    In normal game it is like double replenish. 100 men per turn if you have +5 surplus of food.
    Everything is working but I do not have female generals.
    Replenish is fine on my side . Steady 19-21 on normal general (hardcore mod - low replenish). 5-11 on screwed ones

Currently having 0.4 it should go higher . One men more is 0.5 step
    Do you have somewhere this beta 1 to experiment something on my own ?

Patrician

beta_01? TO USERS: DON'T USE IT, IT'S JUST FOR MODDING PURPOSE!
    here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lpjdhk...a_01.pack/file

this should be prime's original pack, but it won't work with actual DeI's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uthco5...t_vanilla.pack

I'm telling you, those db are fine with PFM, could aupload an image, but just trust me.
    The 3 db lines in DeI are ok
    There are other 3 lines in data_rome2 pack that are blue

I would advice to erase your PFM folder, redownload from sourceforge latest PFM, reinstall giving game's folder, apply latest schemata only, then paste Dresden's line.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 19, 2018 at 07:12 AM.

beta_01? TO USERS: DON'T USE IT, IT'S JUST FOR MODDING PURPOSE!
    here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lpjdhk...a_01.pack/file

this should be prime's original pack, but it won't work with actual DeI's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uthco5...t_vanilla.pack

I'm telling you, those db are fine with PFM, could aupload an image, but just trust me.
    The 3 db lines in DeI are ok
    There are other 3 lines in data_rome2 pack that are blue

I would advice to erase your PFM folder, redownload from sourceforge latest PFM, reinstall giving game's folder, apply latest schemata only, then paste Dresden's line.
    Thank you for your patience and help' seems you're not so selfish as the majority of others here...that's something scarce nowadays.
    Question: when you wrote:
    ''---> CULTURE (player and AI):
    # increased conversion time and adapted some of Joysong/Dardo21 "cultural tensio" features
    - increased religion drift
    - increased region religion zeal
    - adapted some of Joysong/Dardo21 "cultural tensio" features''
    what do you want to say. It's ambiguus. Do you made even a hard cultural tensio ??? Because I saw DeI have some values, original Cultural Tensio another, and yours, again, another....(anyway, I'm struggling to make something for vanilla, not DeI)

Patrician

^ you're talking about TESTUDO here.

Vanilla Cultural Tensio should be the hardest around.
    Mine Huge cultural pack should be just a little less harcored.

Don't lose time with Rome vanilla, there is no reason in the world to make submods that are not for DeI, imo.
    Never noticed any noticeable selfishness around DeI threads anyway.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 19, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

^ you're talking about TESTUDO here.

Vanilla Cultural Tensio should be the hardest around.
    Mine Huge cultural pack should be just a little less harcored.

Don't lose time with Rome vanilla, there is no reason in the world to make submods that are not for DeI, imo.
    Never noticed any noticeable selfishness around DeI threads anyway.
    Yeas, DeI is the best Rome 2 supermod. Affirmative. Tough, I don't like some DeI aspects (at all) and want to delete them for personal use. In this way, vanilla mods are for me a more proper option. Cheers.

Hi! Just giving my opinion about this mod.
    I think it's an excellent idea to have people's trust having different effects on your units or resplenishement rate.
    But at the same time it's not very realistic the way it is. Population from a province can't trust you the same as in another province, it depends mostly on events happening in their area.
    What I mean is that these effects are very interesting, but should be influenced according to public order. Public order is already a trust factor.
    Last edited by Mattack57; August 19, 2018 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattack57 View Post
    Hi! Just giving my opinion about this mod.
    I think it's an excellent idea to have people's trust having different effects on your units or resplenishement rate.
    But at the same time it's not very realistic the way it is. Population from a province can't trust you the same as in another province, it depends mostly on events happening in their area.
    What I mean is that these effects are very interesting, but should be influenced according to public order. Public order is already a trust factor.
    I think you can easily change this from all_your_regions scope to this_region; Jake can confirm.

Patrician

@ Mattack:
    Good points here, I agree.
    That's why I'm planning an overhaul for people trust. It has a really good and interesting skeleton, but the way it effctively affects gamplay is too semplicistic.
    I do believe that, any way this submod will develop, it will continue to keep FACTION effects, not REGIONAL (no, leonardusius, you can' t divde regions inside a faction effect).
    But there will be more than one singular effect (4 I think, depending on a choice I've made) and they will combine each other for another upcoming effect.
    Stay tuned, one of these days I'll do a detailed description about future intentions.

@ Mattack:
    Good points here, I agree.
    That's why I'm planning an overhaul for people trust. It has a really good and interesting skeleton, but the way it effctively affects gamplay is too semplicistic.
    I do believe that, any way this submod will develop, it will continue to keep FACTION effects, not REGIONAL (no, leonardusius, you can' t divde regions inside a faction effect).
    But there will be more than one singular effect (4 I think, depending on a choice I've made) and they will combine each other for another upcoming effect.
    Stay tuned, one of these days I'll do a detailed description about future intentions.
    i Jake,

I saw on the yesterday Cultural tensio update that for example for rom_ROMAN_military_main_aux_2
    rom_building_culture_conversion_latin was changed into
    rom_building_culture_conversion_to_state_culture
    What that means ? Auxiliary roman soldiers don't more influence for latin but for ''state culture'' ? What the reason here ?

Also rom_ROMAN_military_main_heavy_2
    from rom_building_culture_conversion_latin to
    rom_building_culture_conversion_to_state_culture
    which have no sense because roman main army was made from roman latin citizens...................

Patrician

Vanilla CT changed also some (or all, dunno) building cultural value, they lowered them.

latin means towards latin culture only
    state_culture means any culture a faction has by default (i.e., latin for romans)
    Dunno why they changed that.

The reason for lowering those values is simply for having slower cultural changes.
    Ask those questions into CT thread to joysong or Dardo, I didn't lowered culture building values in previous Testudo versions, I've done that for next 1.4, but on my own, without checking their choices.
    Please, don't use FP thread for other things, use the proper one (CT) or Testudo if you want to discuss about things in general.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 20, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.e - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Diplomatic actions and negative trust is hell. Diplomatic action cost can recover if you do not use it (not all). Negative trust is forcing you to "do something". H, VH have big impact on trust . Will hit -30 base and can't afford much after +20 turns.
    Hardcore also have increased cost of Generals. 3.5k is cost after just few of them. Problem is - can't follow how trust will change after few turns.
    It will be fine for late game . Hitting 700 trust is easy if you blitz (no choice).

Suggesting to double trust points. 2400 will be better than 1100 . Or quite more. Forced to use every exploit in game to stay away from civil war. Cost is rising and it is to early for civil war. Can't afford new imperium level (actually good thing)

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.e - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Thanks, always useful.

The lack of this mod is that is really complex with libraries (and that's a good thing) but too semplicistic with effects (and that's bad).
    It's too much "monodimensional".
    So, firstly, I'll think and try to make it more "multidimensional" (with some features I have in mind), then I'll balance it through libraries.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to this beta pack, it's too fragile still. Playable, but doesn't have a form.
    Working on Testudo now. After that I'll begin working seriously on your people's trust potentials.
    So I think.

You are maxed out before 30 turns. Increase of 5X - 10X is needed

Patrician

Yeah, I didn't play more than 30 turns, but I noticed.
    All is based on libraries, more than the scale of values, which is simply the "reciever", not the transmitter".
    I think the promblem is in the transmitter.
    First weìll have to change the skeleton, then work on libraries, it's better and smarter.

Diplomacy should give negative impact. If you are below 100 relation - distrust. In current state I can't lower trust and bonuses are nice but penalties are crippling. Before 30 turns you will lose half of your income (corruption) and have huge upkeep for army.
    Principes are costing 500 (upkeep) for new general in time when you are fielding new generals.
    Research - not big impact.
    Diplomacy - not important buff
    Loyal. - can hurt
    Replenish- don't work numbers are to low
    Corruption - good if trust is not gained fast (I have 45% with preparation )
    Upkeep - 10% on other penalty is almost double in some cases . Upkeep/Corruption Generals are only possible build.
    Trade buff is to low for Corruption/Upkeep .

Your numbers can work if you have time to prepare. 100 turns is needed / big empire .
    I will tone down upkeep / corruption because new imperium level will destroy me. Then I will change levels to max 5000.